What Are These Women Saying?

"" Edward would not help around the pig farm, wanting to stay drunk and just have sex. Hang with his mates and grouse about how Thailand is not the UK.

Yawn. This is when Thip stated "....I cannot eat your love, drink your love."

I am surprised that Thip even went on camera. The director, for whatever reason, was being coy and disingenious by not providing subtitles of kuhn Thip's.

The weight of the story shifts to kuhn Thip hearing her side of the story.

Edward scammed himself. ""

This stuff saddens me on so many levels but not sure I learnt much except for the poverty of imagination and loneliness of the bloke and the sadness and desperation that lies just under the surface of the farang bar scene and the Isaan peasant girls who are the mainstay of it.Once you know too much about these places they don't seem so much fun anymore.

Gave all his money to his ex-bargirl wife <deleted> - now feeling sorry for him.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

The beers would have been carefully placed in all shots by the production crew.

They want guys who come to Thailand to look like fools.

You're most probably right something fishy about this. We are supposed to beleive they got lucky with a stupid farang who married into the bar scene and lost it all in the end and followed him for several years.

Website for the movie.

http://www.mythaibridefilm.com/

Ted marries a Thai bar girl but when his money runs out, the marriage ends and he returns to the UK destitute, having learned what his Thaiwife already knew: without money you lose everything.

"We have remained friends with Ted, Tip and Mint since the film was shot. I am happy to report that after a few very rough years, Ted is now
leading a successful and single life in his native Wales"

More about how he came to make the movie.

http://www.mythaibridefilm.com/production/

Trailer

http://youtu.be/ewzSgcln3qg

• Like 1

I hope that I’m not being too demanding but I would like to know what these Thai women are saying in the documentary.

I’m pretty sure everybody who does not speak Thai would also like to know as well.

Please can someone out there translate for us all........

It was just pretty mundane, nothing bad about the farang.

eg the scene when THIP ทิพ shows the film crew her house and points out her parents' photos:

13:17: - This is my house.
13:28: - This is my mother and father.
13:45 - This is my bedroom when I was a kid.

etc

It's likely the original film had subtitles, but on converting the DVD and uploading the video to Youtube, the subtitles got removed.

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

Thanks Katana...Does she give any reason as to why the relationship failed?

Is there any explanation as to why she got in contact with him in the first place?

Is there any remorse or happiness about the marriage failure?

Thank you very much indeed Katana for translating...

However I'm more confused now than I was before... I've got loads of questions for the people involved... and to me most of this mockumenatry just does not add up!?...

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

Thank you very much indeed Katana for translating...

However I'm more confused now than I was before... I've got loads of questions for the people involved... and to me most of this mockumenatry just does not add up!?...

“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

You don't need to be confused,just make sure it doesn't happen to you!

-

Well there are hundreds here for whom this is an everyday humdrum same-old-same-old story we've heard - any many lived - many times over.

So feel free to ask away.

Just realize that most of us are cynical (some even downright nasty) old sexpat barstool warriors, so take it all with a grain of salt.

"Does she give any reason as to why the relationship failed?"

She said that he wouldn't help around the farm that he built and just sat at the computer all day. He drank beer all the time and kept moaning that the village was boring. She gave him some money and he went to Pattaya and after a week or so she and her sister Mint went to find him.

She found him drinking beer on the beach and she asked him to come home and they can work things out but he refused and wanted to stay in Pattaya.

While arguing he grabbed her gold from her neck and wrist and was pulling at it. She told him that if he took it that would mean their marriage was finished. He snapped the gold off her and sold it and she went back to the farm.

Like katana said she doesn't really say much about him and doesn't say anything bad.

I watched the whole video and thought it was really sad but there is a bit too much to translate the entire dialogue but the crux is what finished it I felt. He didn't understand, didn't fit in to Thai life, was a lazy bastard (which is the only thing she says detrimental about him and even that she puts nicely), and only has himself to blame. Though he seems to be the only one who doesn't think he is to blame IMO!!

"Just realize that most of us are cynical (some even downright nasty) old sexpat barstool warriors, so take it all with a grain of salt." - got to agree with that PalMan. Then again us barstool warriors learned the ropes before we got into a relationship, marriage, farm, etc.

Edited by anachack
  • Like 2

"Does she give any reason as to why the relationship failed?"

She said that he wouldn't help around the farm that he built and just sat at the computer all day. He drank beer all the time and kept moaning that the village was boring. She gave him some money and he went to Pattaya and after a week or so she and her sister Mint went to find him.

She found him drinking beer on the beach and she asked him to come home and they can work things out but he refused and wanted to stay in Pattaya.

While arguing he grabbed her gold from her neck and wrist and was pulling at it. She told him that if he took it that would mean their marriage was finished. He snapped the gold off her and sold it and she went back to the farm.

Like katana said she doesn't really say much about him and doesn't say anything bad.

I watched the whole video and thought it was really sad but there is a bit too much to translate the entire dialogue but the crux is what finished it I felt. He didn't understand, didn't fit in to Thai life, was a lazy bastard (which is the only thing she says detrimental about him and even that she puts nicely), and only has himself to blame. Though he seems to be the only one who doesn't think he is to blame IMO!!

"Just realize that most of us are cynical (some even downright nasty) old sexpat barstool warriors, so take it all with a grain of salt." - got to agree with that PalMan. Then again us barstool warriors learned the ropes before we got into a relationship, marriage, farm, etc.

Sounds like a she told more than a few porkies in the documentary :cheesy: Edited by yoslim

He doesn't get much sympathy from me - sorry

-

Zero from me, dive in headfirst without looking - oh gee nice bird here, guess I'll fund the pig farm.

Get out there and don't actually take part help out, figured the up-front investment would him to spend the rest of his life sitting around.

Oh gee I don't actually like living out in nakhon nowhere? ok, head out for Pattaya.

The family was very kind to pay his airfare back.

One thing I don't understand.....first he says he is happily working at the farm, cleaning away pig shit early in the morning, but later he says he is doing absolutely nothing all day, just watching DVD's on the computer. When did he stop working, and why? Also at one point his wife complains that he doesn't want to work, and that he won't be able to stay.

Sure, bottles of Chang all over the movie. But only once his wife talks about him drinking alcohol, when they are together in Pattaya.

So also when you understand both Thai and English, after seeing it you are wondering what has been left unsaid, and what has been possibly made up.

He buys her a business. He buys her a house.

Then has to beg for the money to return to the UK with the arse out of his pants.

She should have sold the house that HE paid for and given him a shitload of his own money back.

Just because he was silly or naive to let her have the use of all the money and house and business doesn't mean he deserved to be ripped off and left with nothing.

Some Thai women have no conscience at all and I hope things go horribly wrong for her.

• Like 2

He buys her a business. He buys her a house.

Then has to beg for the money to return to the UK with the arse out of his pants.

She should have sold the house that HE paid for and given him a shitload of his own money back.

Just because he was silly or naive to let her have the use of all the money and house and business doesn't mean he deserved to be ripped off and left with nothing.

Some Thai women have no conscience at all and I hope things go horribly wrong for her.

No matter where you live in the world, when you let a woman move into your home, it becomes her home.

After a breakup, she is rarely the one that leaves.

No need for Thai bashing, this is normal female behaviour worldwide.

It is not considered, in normal society, as ripping anyone off.

Some men have been known to retain half their property (or more normally retain half the value of the property, without retaining any part of their home), I consider the woman in such cases to be unusually generous.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

To AnotherOneAmerican I do not know what planet you are living on but what you are saying is a complete myth. What you are talking about is long term marriage 20-30 years where the spouse has contributed to the relationship and has children. In this particular case there is no offspring and the relationship was incredibly short. Thus IMO the woman should have given him his money back but no she took it all and turned her back on him..She scammed him it’s as simple as that. In order for her to have a clear consciuos she said he got drunk and was lazy. Does that constitute her taking everthing he has... Besides why whouild anybody give all what he owns and just walk away from it? Why people are sticking up for her is well beyond my imagination, most of you who have replied to this post are just dumb and perpetuate the Asianphile stereotype attitude. I fully agree with FDog

• Like 2

To AnotherOneAmerican I do not know what planet you are living on but what you are saying is a complete myth. What you are talking about is long term marriage 20-30 years where the spouse has contributed to the relationship and has children. In this particular case there is no offspring and the relationship was incredibly short. Thus IMO the woman should have given him his money back but no she took it all and turned her back on him..She scammed him it’s as simple as that. In order for her to have a clear consciuos she said he got drunk and was lazy. Does that constitute her taking everthing he has... Besides why whouild anybody give all what he owns and just walk away from it? Why people are sticking up for her is well beyond my imagination, most of you who have replied to this post are just dumb and perpetuate the Asianphile stereotype attitude. I fully agree with FDog

I believe 6 month co-habitation in Australia and some US states entitles joint property ownership.

Having a child usually entitles 100% occupation with a court order to exclude the man trivial.

In this case he gave it to her as a gift, asking for a gift to be returned rarely works, no scam here.

If you bought me a house, I would accept your gift too, no problems, thanks and goodbye.

#25 good point keestha

He doesn't really say when things happened because he is talking retrospectively and probably can't remember. His wife though says he never helped on the farm unless I missed where she concurred.

Also I don't think she said he wont be able to stay, she says 'he said he can't stay because it is boring in the village' - unless again I got it wrong or missed it.

But I have to agree with you - I wonder how many arguments they had. Was he really as passive as he makes out? Was she as upset as she looks? But considering the video was made after the affair she looks very upset at seeing him again..

"Some Thai women have no conscience at all and I hope things go horribly wrong for her" - She wouldn't say the same about you FDog

"Besides why whouild anybody give all what he owns and just walk away from it?" - he gave £3000 away to his mate in England who ripped him as well - you are Thai bashing as well I think biggus. The guy didn't understand what he was getting into, end of...

Edited by anachack