Beer -- U.s. West Coast Craft Beer

noise

I know I'm going to be criticized for this, but I can't resist and it really is true--I was just watching the BBC covering the aftermath of the killer tornado in Oklahoma. It showed videos of people searching the reckage of their homes to salvage what they could, and a woman walking away from the rubble clutching a six-pack of Sierra Nevada to her chest. Yes, it's that good.

• Like 1

I know I'm going to be criticized for this, but I can't resist and it really is true--I was just watching the BBC covering the aftermath of the killer tornado in Oklahoma. It showed videos of people searching the reckage of their homes to salvage what they could, and a woman walking away from the rubble clutching a six-pack of Sierra Nevada to her chest. Yes, it's that good.

She probably heard it's "liquid gold" over here in Thailand wink.png

Another one who went to Rimping Rumchok and just got home empty handed. I agree with heybruce and don't really consider Sieraa Nevada a craft brew but still a good one that I'd love to be swilling right now!

They have them today. For me, I think the large Erdinger @ 135 baht is a better deal.

At The Duke's we have Rouge Porter, Anderson Valley IPA and Boont Amber and also the Dead Guy Ale.

Dead Guy is a middle of the road Ale IMO. Certainly not worth 200+ bht.

REDISCOVER BEER WITH DESCHUTES !

Available in Chiang mai from June 15 @ Craft Beer cnx : Just 25 years old, Deschutes Brewery is one of America’s top five craft brewers, with some of the most celebrated and decorated craft beers in the world, including the World’s Best Beer in the World Beer Awards last year. Demand is so great in the western United States, that Deschutes can not even supply the eastern states.

Cheers...https://www.facebook.com/craftbeers.cnx

Chang

Cheap,cheerful, and challenging for the brain.

My beer of choice :-)

the end result is always the same.....pi$$Ed up against the wall

I use to love Chang until i ate a lot of durian with it during Songkran...Chang + Durian = BAD

It was the smelliest nastiest puke i ever experienced in my life...and it always tends to creep its way out while im trying to sleep

I can still smell it

Beer Lao isn't a craft beer.

Beer Lao dark tastes like "Lucky Lager" Bock brewed in Wash. State back in the 70's.

YES! We used to look forward to the Bock brew once a year or every other year? when I was a teenager in California in the 1970's. As I recall, it was only available for a week or two at our local Ralph's Super Market. I've never thought about it tasting similar to the beer Lao dark. Actually you just jarred my memory about that as it was long forgotten....burp.gif

• 2 weeks later...

At The Duke's we have Rouge Porter, Anderson Valley IPA and Boont Amber and also the Dead Guy Ale.

Duke, I love your restaurant but it would be useful to your customers if your staff knew that you sold those beers. For some of them you have pictures up so customers can just point and say "I want that one", but when I asked for a "Rogue Dead Guy beer" it caused infinite confusion. It did turn out that you had it in stock though,