How To Open A Business In Thailand.?

as a tourist, can I open a business in Thailand.?

i don't mind to have a business in Thailand that I could manage when I m not in Thailand. is that possible?

I could organize off shore things in Thailand and bring visitors there. help them to look to purchase condo by example.

my Thai lady could organize their arrival, hotel, and everything for them.

is it legal, and how do I proceed ? people trying to sell me land tell me all the time they can open a business for me. what if I do it myself with 2 other thai people.

how much it costs?

How to make a small fortune in Thailand - start with a large one.

Really this question is beyond the pale, almost "how long is a piece of string". Of course you can legally set things up as you like if have sufficient capital and pay reputable lawyers.

Do some basic research, even if only using google to start with, and then come back and ask more specific questions in the doing business forum. And try figuring out how to build the necessary personal relationships with knowledgeable local residents, not least in order to be able to identify a law firm that you know you can trust.

But the fact that you've come here to ask this question in this way without even bothering to read the thousands of threads that touch on these issues already here, implies to me that it will be difficult for your business to become a profitable one, which is of course a completely different issue.

• Like 1

Starting a business in Thailand can be done but like starting any new business you need to be there 24/7 and work your butt off. Thinking you can be offshore and be successful won't work unless your Richard Branson.

If you do go ahead, please keep us updated ok. Good luck!

• Like 1

How to make a small fortune in Thailand - start with a large one.

Really this question is beyond the pale, almost "how long is a piece of string". Of course you can legally set things up as you like if have sufficient capital and pay reputable lawyers.

Do some basic research, even if only using google to start with, and then come back and ask more specific questions in the doing business forum. And try figuring out how to build the necessary personal relationships with knowledgeable local residents, not least in order to be able to identify a law firm that you know you can trust.

But the fact that you've come here to ask this question in this way without even bothering to read the thousands of threads that touch on these issues already here, implies to me that it will be difficult for your business to become a profitable one, which is of course a completely different issue.

As a tourist, as the OP suggests, he isn't going to do anything legally. The way his questions appear, it looks like he just woke up and thought about it, ie, he has done no research what-so-ever and is relying on answers from TV to streamline his business model.

Strange post.

BTW, the 'how long is a piece of string' thingy, twice the length from the middle to one end.

That usually does it....................tongue.png

IIRC, OP is moving his Mrs. down to Phuket and wants her to do something, so it sounds like this is the way he is leaning in setting her up in some sort of biz. There are quite a few punters on this board that have either done this, or contemplated doing this.

OP search for relevant threads, grab some popcorn and enjoy the stories.

Edited by steelepulse

Thinking you can be offshore and be successful won't work unless your Richard Branson.

-

I bet Sir Richard put in his fair share of sweat equity over the years, maybe more so in the early stages but he certainly knew his business and minded his P's and Q's right from the get-go.

To the OP - if you're thinking of doing this for your lady, believe me it's much cheaper just to pay her directly.

She most likely wants the "face" of being seen as a business owner, but believe me it's a very very expensive appearance to have to maintain.

The odds of your being able to do what you're talking about so that it's able to sustain itself - forget about making a profit - are very very very slim.

Just put her on a spending allowance, and if what you can afford isn't enough then let her go. And don't expect her to sit around waiting for you while you're out of the country either, odds are also very slim in that regard.

Sorry to be so cynical, there are exceptions etc etc blah blah blah.

Edited by PalMan
  • Like 1

can you tell us more about the people trying to sell you land, and how this can be.

Furthermore, these same folk trying to sell you land want to help you start a business!

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Epic fail, don't bother.

Silly answer.

Not silly read the OP slowly so it sinks in, you think it's going to work? I'm doing the OP a favour.

Starting a business anywhere in the world it's either in your nature or it isn't. I'm telling you for a fact it isn't in the OP's nature full stop.

I started a business 8 months ago and got shot down in flames on this forum by about 65% of the members , just take your time and you will have to be here to keep an eye on things as well. The biggest thing you will need is a good supporting wife and an honest one , I have this and my wife and I on the way to make some serious money .... good luck on your venture

7 months ago you was fed up with Thailand and moving to Malaysia.

Another waster full of shit.

I started a business 8 months ago and got shot down in flames on this forum by about 65% of the members , just take your time and you will have to be here to keep an eye on things as well. The biggest thing you will need is a good supporting wife and an honest one , I have this and my wife and I on the way to make some serious money .... good luck on your venture

This time next year Rodney,we'll be millionaires!

~ Only Fools and Horses

This time next year Rodney,we'll be millionaires!

~ Only Fools and Horses

If memory serves me right Rodney and Del Trotter became millionaire 's in the end.

Good luck to anyone willing to have a go at business.

well I run already some business and started many business in the past, some failed, some work, but it s all personal... like selling things to friends...i do business and invest 0 from my pocket... just a few hours of my time and i can make money.

but i would like to get my business in Thailand with my business name because i start to make some real money.

I don't want do things in western countries...

so I just need to register at the thai chamber of commerce i guess, find 2 Thai guys and I m set... after this I can start to make real money. organizing tours or else in bkk. my head is always filled with crazy projects...

all money I make will be sent to my Thai bank account and i will not pay tax because i will make maybe 10000$ a year. enough for me to live comfortably when I come to Thailand...

so guys what you think?

well I run already some business and started many business in the past, some failed, some work, but it s all personal... like selling things to friends...i do business and invest 0 from my pocket... just a few hours of my time and i can make money.

but i would like to get my business in Thailand with my business name because i start to make some real money.

so I just need to register at the thai chamber of commerce i guess, find 2 Thai guys and I m set... after this I can start to make real money. organizing tours or else in bkk. my head is always filled with crazy projects...

all money I make will be sent to my Thai bank account and i will not pay tax because i will make maybe 10000$ a year. enough for me to live comfortably when I come to Thailand...

so guys what you think?

I think never mind.

so guys what you think?

I think never mind.

I'm kinda hoping that this really is a tongue-in-cheek wind-up thread!w00t.gif

Where will the OP be situating his tour office,under Saphan Thaksin maybe?A suitable bridge to make you feel right at home,what on earth is this doing in the business forum?rolleyes.gif

In 2011 was asking same questions on this forum about buying a business in Thailand . Despite all the negative feedback did it anyway.

Still have it today and yes I have made SOME money, enough to pay the bills and VERY little profit, just enough to pay monthly living expenses without dipping into the bank account.

So, here is what I learned: your not buying a business, but a lifestyle, spend at least 6 months living like a local, not a tourist. Expect to make little to no money . If you plan on making 1000's of USD dollars per month, forget it. Best you can do is make enough to pay the bills and enough to cover living expenses.

To own a business, you need to be part conman, part entertainer, and have be able to forgive and forget. Have at least 1 year of money to live on, and and any profit consider a bonus. You HAVE to be there full time , even if you can't work there. Forget the " have someone else run it " stuff. Was only last year that I could not be there full time.

Remember, your buying a lifestyle, not to get rich. If you keep that in mind, it can be fun, and great experience.

look guys I know thailand. i just want run my little business. I know I won't be rich. i run already some business but i didn't open any company. many guys open companies even if they don't make any money. they can buy land and house. I m not going to buy anything, just use my company name on line to advertise...

so how to do that?

look guys I know thailand. i just want run my little business. I know I won't be rich. i run already some business but i didn't open any company. many guys open companies even if they don't make any money. they can buy land and house. I m not going to buy anything, just use my company name on line to advertise...

so how to do that?

Hope this helps.........http://export.ebay.co.th/

so how to do that?

-

Really, it seems to me that you're either trolling or very unlikely to succeed asking questions like that here.

Either you just go ahead and wing it, do what you like a make a little money without following the laws and take your chances on getting in trouble.

Or you do it seriously putting in the capital to set it up properly to be completely legal - in which case you better be serious about making good money or you will lose a lot.

The first path people here won't help you, this forum is all about doing things the proper legal high-cost investment way.

In which case the first step is to identify a trustworthy and competent law firm to help you and answer all your questions.

Or you do the research yourself as much as you can and then come back and ask very specific questions and likely people will help you out a little bit here and there but you have to do 90% of the work yourself.

You can't just expect people to spell out every step like a cookbook for free when they are in the exact business of making money from newbies like you.

Ive read quite a few old posts on tv about opening a business and the pitfalls associated with such an enterprise in thailand, one piece of advice that stuck in my mind was, make one of your business partners a lawyer, paid by you, that way you control 2/3 of the business and not just 1/3

I m not asking you what kind of business i should do. i am asking you how to register my business in Thailand. jeez! give me a break...

if you want make some money I give you a free tip, many thai people don't have credit card and can not buy from eBay. or from online store...

buy for them and take a %.

i can create a business for each of you, instead to stay at home all day long. why not try to do something productive instead to wait the cash from your country and make fun of people.

why not help Thai people who have no job and help them to start their business. mmmh, let me think very hard. selling ice cream by example...? or fruits? or selling Thai handmade product on line.

you are lucky that your government gives you free money every month. I don't know what you would do if you were Thai citizen. jeez! what you want do the rest of your life outside of sipping beers all day long in gogo bars? .

Edited by Cheapcharly