Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have an update on Trendy's construction progress and completion ? We live inLondon and are still being told April 06 ! Has work stopped completely ? Thanks

I almost bought a condo in the Trendy so I've been following progress there closely. There's no way it's going to be finished in April 2006. No real work has been done for months. I think they ran out of funds.

Or conversaions like this:

.........Hi, my name is surge, i live at the TRENDY, i am fine and how may i help you ...and button up your shirt, it's not sexy, it's like a dog to scrub, it's not sexy, No, it's not sexy.... you like espresso, i make it back there myself with a little lemon twist, it's good.

I walk past there everynight. The activity i see there is a couple of docile looking workers, scratching their butts, drinking whisky and lounging around on chairs.

Suspect that the developers have ran out of money. Can't see any prospect of it being finished in the next couple of years.

TIT

Now . this is a thread worth watching .... :o at least for the laughs

Unless you're 'londonliving' :D

yeah this is very true - perhaps not the most helpfull welcome to the forum... but never-the-less it is not uncommon for this sort of situation to arrise with "new builds"

it doesnt help being based in london at this time either - i guess you just have to keep contacting the contractor.

dyou have any contacts / friends in bangkok who can help?

If it's any encouragement, every building that has been started in Bangkok the last few years seems to get completed.

This is one of a few Sois on Sukhumvit where you can make a left or right turn at the top of the Soi, has good access to the back Sois to Soi 3 etc., close to Skytrain/MRT/ Expesssway.

Allot of 5 star properties are springing up around there and all the employees at these places will be looking to rent and buy in that area.

The location is great and I bet you make a tidy profit in 10 years.

Let's just hope they change that goofy name..... :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there londonliving,

I myself have bought a 1 bedroom unit at the Trendy. I'm from Cardiff. Anyway, I spoke to the sales manager recently and they said that its been push till July 2006. I'm looking forward to it tho! Well, let me know if you hear anything about it. We could exchange feedback on this project. Cheers!

Hi there londonliving,

I myself have bought a 1 bedroom unit at the Trendy. I'm from Cardiff. Anyway, I spoke to the sales manager recently and they said that its been push till July 2006. I'm looking forward to it tho! Well, let me know if you hear anything about it. We could exchange feedback on this project. Cheers!

They're having a laugh!!!

Sorry...But walked past last week...looks like a bombsite.... :o

I just can't believe any foreigner with a ounze of pride would buy into "The Trendy", and now I've just come across two!

Of all the developments going up...

Did you actually mention it to any manager there "listen, your plans are great and I'd like to live here, but your marketing manager needed a crash course in English slang before he plucked any age-old shit term from Google to name a multi-million development. I mean....no self-respecting foreigner could possibly buy a place here based on that alone. Apart from me."

Will we see you in bermuda shorts and socks on the opening day?

I was invited to do a walk round that building about 15 years ago and it was empty.

The guy who represented the developers/owners reconed that they just couldnt let out the units.

The negative vibes were mentioned...na...dont believe that... just requires a bit of promotion but it never happened.

The Ambassador Hotel was/is in decline and the only attractive thing about the place was the cages full of parrots lining the walls outside.

A couple of years ago it was going to be completely demolished but now appears to like a phoenix risen from the ashes as the "Trendy"....or has it...?? :o .....

PS.... it also had for a short time a guy who what I believe opened the first internet cafe ever in Bangers ........but he went Bust :D

There is definetly work going on. The place still generally looks lik a bomb site, but they now have car park ramps in enough state for some of the workers to park cars 'inside'. I suspect they have finished or nearly finished stripping all the stuff they no longer want and are underway with the major structural changes. I've seen loads of scrap metal being halled away, and loads of tiles being delivered. There is a new skeleton of a roof on top, and thankfully they have finished jackhammering :-/

PM me if you want photos - I can see the roof from here and wander past once or twice a day. post-25383-1146462602_thumb.jpg

There is definetly work going on. The place still generally looks lik a bomb site, but they now have car park ramps in enough state for some of the workers to park cars 'inside'. I suspect they have finished or nearly finished stripping all the stuff they no longer want and are underway with the major structural changes. I've seen loads of scrap metal being halled away, and loads of tiles being delivered. There is a new skeleton of a roof on top, and thankfully they have finished jackhammering :-/

PM me if you want photos - I can see the roof from here and wander past once or twice a day. post-25383-1146462602_thumb.jpg

GREAT PHOTO MATE !!!!!

DID YOU FLY OVER WITH A HELICOPTER????

Thanks everyone for their replies and the humour !

I flew out to Bangkok to see for myself and to chat to the developers.

Their new 'promise' is December 2006 !

I sincerely hope that you're still not "londonliving" in April 2008. :D

Alright mate,

What you expect with names? It's Thailand init. What you expect them to do, go 2 the mediterranean to seek some unique project name?

Most important location..................This project is in prime location. Next to the world's top hotels.

How can 1 go wrong.

Trendy........init!!!

:o

Does anyone have an update on Trendy's construction progress and completion ? We live inLondon and are still being told April 06 ! Has work stopped completely ? Thanks

Hi All Trendy Purchasers,

Letter just came through the post and states that The Trendy will be allowing all purchasers to do inspections on their respective apartments in the middle of June with a completion set for the end of July.

That's come quick if they do stick to this arrangement!!!

Hi All Trendy Purchasers,

Letter just came through the post and states that The Trendy will be allowing all purchasers to do inspections on their respective apartments in the middle of June with a completion set for the end of July.

That's come quick if they do stick to this arrangement!!!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

"The Trendy will be allowing all purchasers to do inspections on their respective apartments in the middle of June with a completion set for the end of July"

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you believe that then you will believe that all that blue mesh is a design upgrade from windows...

Edited by sfokevin

"The Trendy will be allowing all purchasers to do inspections on their respective apartments in the middle of June with a completion set for the end of July"

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you believe that then you will believe that all that blue mesh is a design upgrade from windows...

I know mate..............Crazy init!!!

No chance...........they're way behind on this project.

I won't even mention the Regency Apartments next door, which till now they're still working on the foundation. That I reckon will be ready in 2015!!!!

Anyway, I'm off to BKK next week for a holiday.............

NICE :D

Remodeling an old unfinished Hotel into Apartments must be a design challange, a headache for builders.

Delays are expected.

The Regency, next door may be on schedule, not sure.

I notice these large projects spend an entire year on the foundation sometimes.