Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

PM me if you want photos - I can see the roof from here and wander past once or twice a day. post-25383-1146462602_thumb.jpg

I got a request for updated photos, so here is a new one taken from the same vantage point. I'll take a few more from ground level when I wander past next. The roof seems done. There is cladding on the outside, glass has gone in.

post-25383-1158386790_thumb.jpg

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM me if you want photos - I can see the roof from here and wander past once or twice a day. post-25383-1146462602_thumb.jpg

I got a request for updated photos, so here is a new one taken from the same vantage point. I'll take a few more from ground level when I wander past next. The roof seems done. There is cladding on the outside, glass has gone in.

its September 16, 2006 now...."Trendy might be finished by end of 2007" = advice from call to developer....

Here are some more photos, taken yesterday with a crappy phone camera from ground level. Still looks like a bomb site but work is happening.

post-25383-1159238961_thumb.jpg post-25383-1159238977_thumb.jpg post-25383-1159238989_thumb.jpg

post-25383-1159239002_thumb.jpg post-25383-1159239016_thumb.jpg post-25383-1159239037_thumb.jpg

Why people bought this, and why I came very close to doing so myself is simply that it is cheap, like 3 million baht for a nice flat which for a bkk condo is not bad at all.

Though I heard (from Thaivisa) that it might have some structural problems. Also, it might not be much fun during the construction of the Regency next door.

• 2 months later...
Any more news on Trendy's progress please ?

Thanks

Here is a new aerial shot: post-25383-1166519288_thumb.jpg

Personal observations:

The neon 'Trendy' arch on the roof just got installed today. Cladding over almost the entire building, and I think the top half of the tower has its final surface done. Glass in all the upper half windows (pool level and above. Not sure if glass goes into the lower levels or if this is all carpark). They appear to have stopped digging up the sidewalk in front. Some lights have already been installed on the front of the building (probably silly - it is still very much a building site so why install finishing touches when they are going to get filthy at the very least?). At least one and probably both cranes are gone and they are no longer carting away debris by the truckload. It might end up a shiny new building but I still prefer mine even if the lifts are slow :o

Thanks

Personal observations:

The neon 'Trendy' arch on the roof just got installed today. Cladding over almost the entire building, and I think the top half of the tower has its final surface done. Glass in all the upper half windows (pool level and above. Not sure if glass goes into the lower levels or if this is all carpark). They appear to have stopped digging up the sidewalk in front. Some lights have already been installed on the front of the building (probably silly - it is still very much a building site so why install finishing touches when they are going to get filthy at the very least?). At least one and probably both cranes are gone and they are no longer carting away debris by the truckload. It might end up a shiny new building but I still prefer mine even if the lifts are slow :o

Hi Stub

Thank you very much for that photo. My condo is one of those with a big balcony, you will be able to see my BBQ's very easily. We will be practically neighbours.

I really apreciate that Stub, its hard to keep an eye on progress from Australia. It looks like it has progressed very well in the past 4 months. About time.

Cheers again

Thanks

Personal observations:

Hi Stub

Thank you very much for that photo. My condo is one of those with a big balcony, you will be able to see my BBQ's very easily. We will be practically neighbours.

I really apreciate that Stub, its hard to keep an eye on progress from Australia. It looks like it has progressed very well in the past 4 months. About time.

Cheers again

That's a much better photo than the first. Mind you the grouting work on the near balcony looks a bit two bob.

That's a much better photo than the first. Mind you the grouting work on the near balcony looks a bit two bob.

post-31136-1167032316_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032334_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032370_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032441_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032484_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032513_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032526_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032542_thumb.jpg

post-31136-1167032554_thumb.jpg

I have completed inspection of my unit 15 floor. A type studio smallest. happy and lucky that trendy managed to get completed where many failed. Not for fussy buyers though. Some minor finishing not satisfactory. But i think for the majority of suffering owners who waited so long. This is one big christmas present.

Common facilities like swimming pool not complete yet but should be soon.

I have completed inspection of my unit 15 floor. A type studio smallest. happy and lucky that trendy managed to get completed where many failed. Not for fussy buyers though. Some minor finishing not satisfactory. But i think for the majority of suffering owners who waited so long. This is one big christmas present.

Common facilities like swimming pool not complete yet but should be soon.

Thanks for the photo's

I have bought on level 17. Because of the duplex's on the roof (L18) my unit is only about 70% complete. My lawyer emailed me last week and she was told completion for my unit will be early February. I wont be holding my breath tho, Ive been given 4 different completion dates in the last 12 months :o

Say...have they given you any idea when you can move in? how about the common areas and the foyer? how far from completion do you think?

I friend of mine tried to buy a studio a couple of weeks ago but was told they are sold out.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The communal areas are unfinished as of 3rd January ...but work is continuing all the time.

Shopping mall is glazed and looking more like.....

We inspected our unit on floor 7, where the windows, Kitchen area and floor are incomplete.

The promise for a finish date was April 2007 and they laughed when I suggested July !!

The communal areas are unfinished as of 3rd January ...but work is continuing all the time.

We inspected our unit on floor 7, where the windows, Kitchen area and floor are incomplete.

The promise for a finish date was April 2007 and they laughed when I suggested July !!

So when did they say that it'll be ready???

What's the verdict??

:o

Thank God, u didn't get bombed off!

So when did they say that it'll be ready???

What's the verdict??

I talked to Khun Phimpisa Visedsinthop from Grande Asset last week and she told me absolutely 100% finished by late March early April and that I should arrange my travel plans acordingly :D

A freind and myself bought on level 17, he is there at the moment and he has informed me he believes the completion date will be early April. Let me tell you, he is a very fussy buyer and has nearly pulled out a couple of times because of the delays but he told me last week that he is delighted with the progress and results and that the finished project has exceded his expectations.

I will be in Bkk for business in 4 weeks so I will see for myself then.

tough luck. Just when things going smoothly. Developer arranging viewing and transfer title. suddenly comes the currency shit. call the developer they at a loss. everything on hold. Now with the bombing, any body knows what happening. I am a singaporean

"looking at this thread I am a little surprised at the chances some contributors will take at the risk of a pig in a poke or am I being unduly cautious?"

What are you referring to? If you "read" the thread, as compared to "looking", you might get a different perspective.

tough luck. Just when things going smoothly. Developer arranging viewing and transfer title. suddenly comes the currency shit. call the developer they at a loss. everything on hold. Now with the bombing, any body knows what happening. I am a singaporean

No probs for those rich Singapore lads........Small deposit to lose after all init.

By the way, if your little island were to be bombed, I'm sure you would not know what's

happening too.

Look on the bright side of life........... :o

LOS will always live on.............

Long live the KING...........................

I was in the building looking at a unit on the 12th floor yesterday which was supposed to be complete. Looking at the stage they are at with the common areas, and the unit i looked at was a bare shell, im guessing another 4 months of serious work to be done, then theres gonna be a lot of site cleanup etc etc.

Looking at the show unit, the standard of finishing is pretty poor. Water damaged skirtings, laminate floor installed the wrong way, and installed with big (3-4mm) gaps between boards, toilet install not straight. All small points, but the one that did make me think was the wet cement on the floor in the unit i looked at, aparently filling 'cracks' in the concrete.

I think for the price of it, its a pretty good deal so long as you keep an eye on the finishing while its being done.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the latest photo's of the Trendy, at last the development is progressing well.

My condo is on level 17 (the top) and as you can see by the pic of my unit, there is a lot to be done. Level 17 is the last to be complete due to the duplex's being built on the roof.

I am very happy with the final result and the over all development looks fantastic. I have included a partial pic of the pool level, tiling is underway and work is progressing on the coffee shop and gym.

The retail area underneath is nearly complete and only the shop fit outs remain.

I think I got very good value for my money. Any other owners out there with comments?

I have read in this thread that some are not happy with the finishings.

post-32112-1169338850_thumb.jpg

post-32112-1169338989_thumb.jpg

post-32112-1169339089_thumb.jpg

post-32112-1169339541_thumb.jpg

These are the latest photo's of the Trendy, at last the development is progressing well.

My condo is on level 17 (the top) and as you can see by the pic of my unit, there is a lot to be done. Level 17 is the last to be complete due to the duplex's being built on the roof.

I am very happy with the final result and the over all development looks fantastic. I have included a partial pic of the pool level, tiling is underway and work is progressing on the coffee shop and gym.

The retail area underneath is nearly complete and only the shop fit outs remain.

I think I got very good value for my money. Any other owners out there with comments?

Hey, looks like your property aint gonna be ready by April mate........

Loads still to be done..........I've got one on the 11th floor, corner unit.........At least, on inspection of mine,

the bathrooms, ceiling, a/c units, flooring, windows, etc were all done. And this was in OCT 06.

I heard that completion will be around Aug 07.

When did they say to you that it'll be ready?

Good luck.

Hey, looks like your property aint gonna be ready by April mate........

Loads still to be done..........I've got one on the 11th floor, corner unit.........At least, on inspection of mine,

the bathrooms, ceiling, a/c units, flooring, windows, etc were all done. And this was in OCT 06.

I heard that completion will be around Aug 07.

When did they say to you that it'll be ready?

Good luck.

Hi

My lawyer forwarded me an email from Grande Asset saying all will be complete the end of March!!!

I'm not suprised as they have been telling me different completion dates for over a year now.

I do think it will be sometime in April though, they seem to be getting on with it now.

When was the last time you inspected?

Hi

My lawyer forwarded me an email from Grande Asset saying all will be complete the end of March!!!

I'm not suprised as they have been telling me different completion dates for over a year now.

I do think it will be sometime in April though, they seem to be getting on with it now.

When was the last time you inspected?

I did my inspection in Oct 2006. Like I mentioned in my previous thread. I've had loads done to my unit compared to yours. It was starting to come together....

April 07.......???? Impossible mate!

I've got my brother who works in BKK and he was told that'll it'll be in July 07 at the earliest.

He spoke to the GM at Grand Asset last week.

I mean........I'm in no rush to complete as I've not secured all my funds yet..........Hence,

I'm happy with the delays, etc. But pity the poor locals, who have been waiting for so long just

to get their keys and to live in it.

It'll be done. But I've got no complaints..........Price wise, it's really cheap compared to other projects in the

city centre and compared to the rest in the South East Asian region.

For small money.........not a big risk :o