Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

My Wife and I are presently in the process of buying a small unit at Vista Garden Soi 71.

We paid our initial deposit a year ago and were told it would be ready end of Jan this year.

We put a clause in the contract which said if it was not ready by the end of April we would get our deposit back plus interest at 15%

The last time we spoke to them they said July...we said we had this clause and they laughed and said "why do you worry about it being late...everyone is late"

So I guess it would be a long drawn out affair to actually fight them for it. I had thought about selling it on..but think now that we will just bide our time and wait a bit longer and keep it when its finished.

It will be lovely when it is finished...they only have a few lower units left now which they are selling at over 60,000 Baht a sq.mtr which is far more than we paid for a reasonably high floor.

the first of the two towers is now complete and people are now moving in...but our tower is still nowhere near complete and I think that July will more than likely come and go and we should realistically be looking at about October I think.

Just goes to show that they are all the same really..all make false promises of completion dates. If they told you the truth to begin with they would never sell anything would they?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Wife and I are presently in the process of buying a small unit at Vista Garden Soi 71.

We paid our initial deposit a year ago and were told it would be ready end of Jan this year.

We put a clause in the contract which said if it was not ready by the end of April we would get our deposit back plus interest at 15%

The last time we spoke to them they said July...we said we had this clause and they laughed and said "why do you worry about it being late...everyone is late"

So I guess it would be a long drawn out affair to actually fight them for it. I had thought about selling it on..but think now that we will just bide our time and wait a bit longer and keep it when its finished.

It will be lovely when it is finished...they only have a few lower units left now which they are selling at over 60,000 Baht a sq.mtr which is far more than we paid for a reasonably high floor.

the first of the two towers is now complete and people are now moving in...but our tower is still nowhere near complete and I think that July will more than likely come and go and we should realistically be looking at about October I think.

Just goes to show that they are all the same really..all make false promises of completion dates. If they told you the truth to begin with they would never sell anything would they?

Good point made! It's not only Trendy or Regent............all projects in the LOS seems to have major delays.

But I tell you what guys.........In Thailand & Malaysia, better to have delays then to have them just abandon the whole project altogether. It has happened loads of time in these two countries.

Basically, your deposit is gone!!!!!

So delays are a good sign............Cowboy countries, like we mentioned where legislation can change overnight are always risky. Hence, its reflected in the the price you pay........LOS is so much cheaper compared to S'pore, Hong Kong, etc.........where you're paying a premium for quality coupled with safety and security.

Think about it, if it's a safe investment, loads of international banks would be pouring out money to customers to loan them cash to buy properties in LOS. But, search around and you'll find that NO international overseas bank will lend monies for properties in BKK EXCEPT their own local banks!

FACT.....as I've done my research.

Good luck lads.

They owe you somthing for sure. A promise for April is what was agreed.

I totally agree with you Skipper...but how to get something from them thats the question?

Sure I could sue them as per our agreement with them and walk away with 67,000 baht (assuming the court upheld it)...but that does not get me a Condo then at what I consider to be a good price and leaves me in limbo for the whole time that the case went to court...and we all know how long that takes here :o

But how much time and money would I waste? The courts may well say that ALL develpments are late so I should have expected the delay and throw it out...Farang verses Thai Corp....I dont think I would win to be honest.

Its just not worth the agro...a contract here is not worth the paper it is written on...especially if you are dealing with a large corporation !!

But how much time and money would I waste? The courts may well say that ALL develpments are late so I should have expected the delay and throw it out...Farang verses Thai Corp....I dont think I would win to be honest.

That is very wrong. Once you open your court case - it will never stops until final court decision. Also, if you open case for your money + 15% - surely you have to ask them to cover your expences and so, can be much more than you think and they prefer to settle with you asap to save face.

Get the dumbest lawer and tell him what to do. and get your money. I did that - it worked after first hearings

• 2 weeks later...
Any progress news from anyone?

Several full size palm trees went in out the front last week, and the front area seems to have been paved. Last I saw they where slapping concrete on the front and doing stairs. Can't see much of what is going on inside now - it is all glassed. Still got the blue & white insulation stuff covering the outside of the building (or perhaps that will be the final surface and all it needs is to have the plastic wrapper removed?)

Can't say much more than that because it is black outside :o

Any progress news from anyone?

Several full size palm trees went in out the front last week, and the front area seems to have been paved. Last I saw they where slapping concrete on the front and doing stairs. Can't see much of what is going on inside now - it is all glassed. Still got the blue & white insulation stuff covering the outside of the building (or perhaps that will be the final surface and all it needs is to have the plastic wrapper removed?)

Can't say much more than that because it is black outside :o

Hi Stub, thanx very much for that info.

I believe the plastic covering over all the facade will be the last to come off.

Actually...from the photo's you have given us from your balcony I know which apartment block you live in.

I also know 2 farangs that live there too. Gee it would be funny if you was one of them. Your not Aussie are you? :D

I totally agree with you Skipper...but how to get something from them thats the question?

Sure I could sue them as per our agreement with them and walk away with 67,000 baht (assuming the court upheld it)...but that does not get me a Condo then at what I consider to be a good price and leaves me in limbo for the whole time that the case went to court...and we all know how long that takes here :o

Its just not worth the agro...a contract here is not worth the paper it is written on...especially if you are dealing with a large corporation !!

Same with my condo too mate. They promised to pay interest if the project was not complete by April 06, its now Feb 07 and still not complete.

My farang lawyer told me not to bother chasing the developer because it was a waste of time and money. Aparantly it happens all the time.

So maipen rai and jai yen yen....they will finish it but in Thai time.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, that was a couple weeks ago. I guess that you're a slow reader. The fact that there was a lot of posting regarding getting an attorney involved and "a promise is a promise"...that's what I was referring to. Pretty silly after waiting two years, and getting himself all worked up for 67K THB. Perhaps threatening to hold his breath until he turned blue would have helped.

Gosh, that was a couple weeks ago. I guess that you're a slow reader. The fact that there was a lot of posting regarding getting an attorney involved and "a promise is a promise"...that's what I was referring to. Pretty silly after waiting two years, and getting himself all worked up for 67K THB. Perhaps threatening to hold his breath until he turned blue would have helped.

You have to be one of the most irritating posters on this forum Backflip. but then you know that anyway as that seems to be your purpose in life, to get up people's noses that is, I have been reading your posts elsewhere and it appears you never have anything remotely constructive to offer

Gosh...I have been AWAY...I am not a slow reader, just been to the islands on a holiday from a holiday and did not bother much with internet.

Happy now :o

You have to be one of the most irritating posters on this forum Backflip. but then you know that anyway as that seems to be your purpose in life, to get up people's noses that is, I have been reading your posts elsewhere and it appears you never have anything remotely constructive to offer

Gosh...I have been AWAY...I am not a slow reader, just been to the islands on a holiday from a holiday and did not bother much with internet.

Happy now :o

I will second that. A complete a-hole. Wish this forum was like xbox, where you could vote to kick someone out :D

skippy,

I have to warn you about something: someone has hacked into your TV account, and is making stupid posts. The previous posting is, I'd guess, supposed to be an insult - but it doesn't make any sense. I know that an intelligent, sophisticated, and educated person as yourself wouldn't have made this posting. To prevent further problems, you should probably change your password.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
huh?

Where is the "madness and rage"?

Don't worry about it ThaiPauly, backflip often enters a thread and posts some sort of pointless antagonising statment.

Yes, what we normally do is ignore him. It is much more productive this way. It is good therapy for him as he makes his comments, but nobody gets offended this way. Really the best way to go.

• 2 months later...
Seen some "Trendy" studios for sale at around 2.7m is that a good price?

Anything I should know that's not obvious, like the place doesn't have a roof yet. :o

Hi

Are you sure there are studios still for sale? I know someone who tried to buy one a couple of months ago but they were sold out!

Where did you see the "for sale" adds?

Are they for sale through Grande Asset...the developer?

I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a condo in the Trendy condo building. There are likely to be major structural problems with the building as it is just a slip-shod makeover of the old Bankapi Hotel, which stood abandoned and vacant for almost 10 years :o