Trendy Condo Sukhumvit

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved this email today with the attached letter from Grande Asset. It's in PDF format.

Looks like completion is very close now.

CM&D who took over the construction management of the Trendy development about 6 months ago is an American company so hopefully hand over time table will be upheld this time.

"July 6, 2007

Sub: Update Progress of the Trendy Condominium Project

To: Valued Customers

Grande Asset Development Public Company Limited (Grande Asset), developer and owner of the Trendy Condominium would like to inform you that Grande Asset has received the occupancy permit granted by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA). Shortly, we will process the condominium juristic person registration and begin the ownership transfer registration.

Currently, our Project Manager, Construction Management and Development (Thailand) Ltd. (CM&D) is preparing the building to hand over to Grande Asset. Once it is completed, Grande Asset will send a notification letter to you for unit inspections and ownership transfer, which should take place in August, 2007.

Yours sincerely,

Kamolwan Ajjmavara

Executive Vice President,

Sales & Marketing"

Livinginlondon, did you get this letter?

I recieved this email today with the attached letter from Grande Asset. It's in PDF format.

CM&D who took over the construction management of the Trendy development about 6 months ago is an American company so hopefully hand over time table will be upheld this time.

"July 6, 2007

Grande Asset Development Public Company Limited (Grande Asset), developer and owner of the Trendy Condominium would like to inform you that Grande Asset has received the occupancy permit granted by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA). Shortly, we will process the condominium juristic person registration and begin the ownership transfer registration.

Currently, our Project Manager, Construction Management and Development (Thailand) Ltd. (CM&D) is preparing the building to hand over to Grande Asset. Once it is completed, Grande Asset will send a notification letter to you for unit inspections and ownership transfer, which should take place in August, 2007.

Yours sincerely,

Kamolwan Ajjmavara

Sales & Marketing"

Mate,

I haven't received such a letter or email. They are a 'joke'. They have been making empty promises from day one!

I'll only believe it when it happens............Letters or emails from Grande Asset mean jack S*@T.

They are a mickey mouse developer with donald duck as their CEO!

Just look at that ugle geezer on their official website. He's a geek who messed up the Raffles chain in Singapore and was sacked to take over the Grande Asset Management.

Brilliant man !!

:o

"July 6, 2007

Yours sincerely,

Kamolwan Ajjmavara

Yeah you're right mate, they are a joke.

But getting the occupancy permit is a big step, I'll be in Bkk on the weekend and I will go and check it out, i'll post some pics and an update.

Are you in Bkk now?

Sales & Marketing"

Mate,

I haven't received such a letter or email. They are a 'joke'. They have been making empty promises from day one!

I'll only believe it when it happens............Letters or emails from Grande Asset mean jack S*@T.

They are a mickey mouse developer with donald duck as their CEO!

Just look at that ugle geezer on their official website. He's a geek who messed up the Raffles chain in Singapore and was sacked to take over the Grande Asset Management.

Brilliant man !!

Stubs,

Great photos..............

Yes, letters and emails from Grand Asset mean jack SH*&!

August??? It'll never happen..............More like November/December.

Just wait and see............Just like in their contract.........Project will be ready in April 2006!

It's July 2007 now..............Still waiting for my bachelor romping pad.

Stubs,

Great photos..............

Yes, letters and emails from Grand Asset mean jack SH*&!

August??? It'll never happen..............More like November/December.

Just wait and see............Just like in their contract.........Project will be ready in April 2006!

Yes you are correct mate, I've learned you can't believe a word they ever say.

But it is a good milestone that they now have have the occupancy certificate.

I will be in Bangers this weekend, I'll have a look around and post some pics.

Stubbs....great shot of the new Trendy restaurant 555555

Looks ok points, how many square is that and how much are you paying?

Yeah, but still quite a bit left to do around the apartment! I reckon another 2 months of work needed around the site.

The ensuite and separate bathroom all done and it looks good.

It's a corner unit. Hence, breathtaking views with no obstruction. As you can see from the photos!

Those on the left right up to halfway would be obstructed with the Regent Development coming up infront.

Its about 72 square metres - 1 bedroom + separate living room, appox 775 sq feet.

It's a corner unit. Hence, breathtaking views with no obstruction. As you can see from the photos!

Sorry, what's breath taking view? The view over the slums towards the skyscrapers?

From outside, the place looks like a combination of View Talay and a Japanese love hotel.

The name itself would make me run away from it. They better remove the sign.

post-7277-1184557718_thumb.jpg

post-7277-1184557809_thumb.jpg

Edited by think_too_mut

Looks ok points, how many square is that and how much are you paying?

Yeah, but still quite a bit left to do around the apartment! I reckon another 2 months of work needed around the site.

The ensuite and separate bathroom all done and it looks good.

Those on the left right up to halfway would be obstructed with the Regent Development coming up infront.

Its about 72 square metres - 1 bedroom + separate living room, appox 775 sq feet.

I walk by the place daily and I've changed my opinion on it; it's looks pretty decent overall, certainly the location is great

From outside, the place looks like a combination of View Talay and a Japanese love hotel.

Think too mut! Don't think too much my friend........Obviously you live in paradise where there are no slums.

If you think Sukhumvit Area is a slum, then good on you mate...... :D

Yes, it is a Japanese love hotel........that is why I bought it. For me to enjoy my love sessions and have a great view of the slums before reaching org*@sm.

Thanks for your input.

In fact, I'll put a red light on. Hence, if you walk by.............you'll know that's my unit. Feel free to come in for a beer.

LOL I wish real estate people would have the sense of humor to advertise downtown Bangkok pads like this. :D

Think too mut! Don't think too much my friend........Obviously you live in paradise where there are no slums.

If you think Sukhumvit Area is a slum, then good on you mate...... :o

Yes, it is a Japanese love hotel........that is why I bought it. For me to enjoy my love sessions and have a great view of the slums before reaching org*@sm.

Thanks for your input.

In fact, I'll put a red light on. Hence, if you walk by.............you'll know that's my unit. Feel free to come in for a beer.

With a few hundred perople with exactly the same motives to buy in BKK, "Trendy" is going to be a wonderful place.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have two studios in the 15th floor. I have waited for a long time to get my condo, and also travelled to BKK many times because they promised it would be finished, and I went to buy furnitures. But now it seems to be closer than ever :o Dealing with this company have been a nightmare. No response and no information.

I also bought 5 condos in Pattaya/Jomtien and are thinking about selling one of my rooms in The Trendy for a price of around 2.800.000 baht. Two years ago, when I signed the contract, the price was 2.269.313 baht.

Anyone interested; send an email to <email addrfess removed. Interested parties please send a PM>

Edited by Maestro
Email address removed as per forum rules.

I may be interested in purchasing units in this building if people want to get out of their contract.

I understand the company appears to be full of crap, but I live very near this building and it has come a long way in the last several months. It is quite a nice building now and when the other development across the street is finished....Sukhumvit 13 should be completely revitalized and I think it will be a very nice and desireable area to live in.

Granted, the way this is going, it probably wont happen before 2009, but long term...this is going to be a great area.

Given that, I'd be willing to make a long term bet on your unit if you want out now. PM me.

I may be interested in purchasing units in this building if people want to get out of their contract.

I understand the company appears to be full of crap, but I live very near this building and it has come a long way in the last several months. It is quite a nice building now and when the other development across the street is finished....Sukhumvit 13 should be completely revitalized and I think it will be a very nice and desireable area to live in.

Granted, the way this is going, it probably wont happen before 2009, but long term...this is going to be a great area.

Given that, I'd be willing to make a long term bet on your unit if you want out now. PM me.

I think I remember a post in a different thread in this forum where the poster said units are still available from the developer. Then again, perhaps you are looking for something below the developer's asking price or units sizes/locations that are no longer for sale.

hi Livinginexile.....how's yr unit doing? is everything close to finishing?

Hi trajan

Over all the development is progressing nicely. It looks like they really will complete it in the next couple of months or so.

I am very happy with the way it looks now.

hi Livinginexile.....how's yr unit doing? is everything close to finishing?

Hi trajan

Over all the development is progressing nicely. It looks like they really will complete it in the next couple of months or so.

I am very happy with the way it looks now.

Hey mate,

Did they tell you when it'll be completed??? Next couple of months........it'll be 2008!

just inspected and bought a 1 bedroom. floorboards and bathrooms, kitchen etc all done in most units. 2 months max

Mate,

Don't trust them when they tell you 2 months!

They have been saying the same......tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.............like the Spanish would sa manana, manana, manana..........never happens.

I've been waiting since Aug 2005..........That's 2 years!!!

So 2 months, they say????? Let's see, eh.

Hi. I have two studios in the 15th floor. I have waited for a long time to get my condo, and also travelled to BKK many times because they promised it would be finished, and I went to buy furnitures. But now it seems to be closer than ever :o Dealing with this company have been a nightmare. No response and no information.

I also bought 5 condos in Pattaya/Jomtien and are thinking about selling one of my rooms in The Trendy for a price of around 2.800.000 baht. Two years ago, when I signed the contract, the price was 2.269.313 baht.

Anyone interested; send an email to <email addrfess removed. Interested parties please send a PM>

So the place is a nightmare and you are willing to get out with a 30% profit. Nice!

So the place is a nightmare and you are willing to get out with a 30% profit. Nice!

your profit calculation is way off.....its closer to 90%+...... (but you also have to take into consideration time lost)...

the actual out-of-pocket cash downpayment is only about 25% of the total purchase price (the remaining 75% being payable to the developer on completion)...