Makro Membership Requirements?

Genericnic

Just speak with GM at any store.

Good luck with speaking to a GM or just a DM...

I have had a Makro card for close to 18 years now, issued by the super hwy store. Back in the beginning one did have to have a business to get the card. Strangely I treasure that card for some reason..... Its now worn and has seen better days . The gave me a new one some years back and it just wasn't the same..... the new one is a thin plastic white one.... the old one was bright orange and thick real plastic....

Have shopped at the same super hwy Makro for close to 18 years now and until recently , I would say that it was a very smooth , professionally run operation. {other than finding someone in a resposnible managerial position to speak with when a problem occured.]

I would say I average 8 - 10,000 baht per month, spending at Makro.

About approximately 6 months ago I started to notice a small problem. When I go to Makro, I go with a pre printed list of the items I want. When selecting an item off the shelf, I mark the price on my list and go on to the next item. I keep all my Makro purchases on computer and have them all back to the mid 90's. Again , starting about 6 months ago, I started noticing that when I get home and check off my list vs the Makro printout, there, too many times now , seem to be a higher price on the Makro print out than I marked on my sheet.

At first I just assumed that I made and error and marked the wrong price , but it continued to happen way to often. Returning to the desk as Makro always ended up in frustration. About 10 times in these past months I found little price differnces...... and strangely it is always higher on the Makro sheet than that on the wall tag which is posted....

I don't know if this is reflected in a change of management or what ever the reason. I would just like to point out to all Makro shoppers to mark down your item price and then check against the purchase print out.

Its annoying but Makro til now has proven a very good place to shop for me.

I would be very interested in hearing if anyone else has noticed or had this happen.

G

My wife and I spend an average 7,000 baht a month there. The card was issued on the day we applied and we do not have a business. We went on vacation one month and they sent a letter asking why we hadn't been in. We shop at the super highway store.

Did they pick you up from airport, and drove you straight to the store as opposed to your place of stay, on you return from holiday ?

I have had a Makro card for close to 18 years now, issued by the super hwy store. Back in the beginning one did have to have a business to get the card. Strangely I treasure that card for some reason..... Its now worn and has seen better days . The gave me a new one some years back and it just wasn't the same..... the new one is a thin plastic white one.... the old one was bright orange and thick real plastic....

Have shopped at the same super hwy Makro for close to 18 years now and until recently , I would say that it was a very smooth , professionally run operation. {other than finding someone in a resposnible managerial position to speak with when a problem occured.]

About approximately 6 months ago I started to notice a small problem. When I go to Makro, I go with a pre printed list of the items I want. When selecting an item off the shelf, I mark the price on my list and go on to the next item. I keep all my Makro purchases on computer and have them all back to the mid 90's. Again , starting about 6 months ago, I started noticing that when I get home and check off my list vs the Makro printout, there, too many times now , seem to be a higher price on the Makro print out than I marked on my sheet.

At first I just assumed that I made and error and marked the wrong price , but it continued to happen way to often. Returning to the desk as Makro always ended up in frustration. About 10 times in these past months I found little price differnces...... and strangely it is always higher on the Makro sheet than that on the wall tag which is posted....

I don't know if this is reflected in a change of management or what ever the reason. I would just like to point out to all Makro shoppers to mark down your item price and then check against the purchase print out.

I would be very interested in hearing if anyone else has noticed or had this happen.

G

Regarding price differences. The policy of my favourite food store back home on price differences between shelf and cash was. First item was given free. Balance 10% off. Guess that would be dreaming to wish for anything close to that here.

G

Regarding price differences. The policy of my favourite food store back home on price differences between shelf and cash was. First item was given free. Balance 10% off. Guess that would be dreaming to wish for anything close to that here.

Dream........ I think here that could be street termen as a very moist dream......w00t.gif

G

Dream........ I think here that could be street termen as a very moist dream......w00t.gif

Applies at Tesco here

#39 '...or some items two smaller sizes are cheaper than one big one.'

So true; also in the local markets a kilogram of large fruit is more expensive than a kilogram of the smaller variety: Thai massz (math) I guess, or am I missing something? blink.png