Anywhere I Can Repair Electrolux Vacuum Cleaner?

susanschwaiger

While I understand that a vacuum cleaner lasting only two years is a bit of a disappointment,depending on the initial out lay is it not just as easy to buy a new one.

I'm afraid it's a throw away society these days,things just aren't built to last and are often more expensive to repair,that's what the big company's want in my eyes.

It's the same with technology in general,as soon as we buy a new computer or phone they bring out a new model within weeks,it's very difficult to keep up with.

• Like 1

There is an Electrolux service center on Photisarn Road (off Pattaya-Naklua Road) at Soi 6, almost to the Sukhumvit end.

The shop is not marked or signed, but there is generally a truck parked outside with the Electrolux logo on the doors. The phone number is 087-1301119. I think they send all repairs to Bangkok.

Another alternative is Num Chai which is an authorized service center. Phone is 038-424303.

• Like 2

There is an Electrolux service center on Photisarn Road (off Pattaya-Naklua Road) at Soi 6, almost to the Sukhumvit end.

The shop is not marked or signed, but there is generally a truck parked outside with the Electrolux logo on the doors. The phone number is 087-1301119. I think they send all repairs to Bangkok.

Another alternative is Num Chai which is an authorized service center. Phone is 038-424303.

Agee. Try Num Chai Service Center on Suk. They are very helpful.

• Like 1

I had same problem. Numchai (nice people) do not do repairs on small products and told me to take mine to a shop in the soi on the left [west] after Pattaya Nua traffic lights and before Bankok Pattaya Hospital. The shop is on the left about half way down. Small shop with Electrolux sign over the shop so drive slowly and keep eyes peeled! It may be a throwaway society but a B5,000 vacuum cleaner only a few years old is worth repairing in my view

• Like 1

I have always used a little shop opposite Ayutthaya Bank on Pattaya Tai. They have repaired TV's. irons, my PC on one occasion, and two car radios/DVD players. They are polite, helpful and friendly, not expensive and telephone you when the job has been completed.

I called Numchai when one of the refrigerators gave up the ghost. Two guys turned up and i told them that the temperature sensor was stuffed and needed replacing. They poked around for 20 minutes before telling me I needed a new temperature sensor - and they couldn't get one. Once bitten, twice shy.

• Like 1

Correction to my post #8 (for future reference)

It's the 2nd road on the left past traffic lights and I think called Soi Photosarn. The Electrolux small shop is near soi 5 on left and between sois 4 & 6 on the right side

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

It is an old thread but perhaps the OP can tell me her experience with the repair.

I have the same problem. My 2 years old Electrolux vacuum cleaner just stopped working before. Was not even used much. Can anybody recommend a good brand? The last repair of this vacuum cleaner took 3 months. Perhaps I better throw it away. But if there is a good repair shop with reasonable prices perhaps I give it one more chance. My location is Pattaya. 

Edited by Beggar

I am very wary of using official repair centres after a rat chewed the wiring inside the motor on an electric range hood. They sent a repairman from Bkk who said the motor couldn't be repaired and a new one would be needed at a cost of 8000 baht. Foolishly I said go ahead with the repair. Unbelievably the same thing happened again a couple of months later, this time I took the motor to a local repair guy who has already fixed a washing machine, toaster etc. He repaired the motor for 100 baht and it's been working fine for over a year.

54 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I am very wary of using official repair centres after a rat chewed the wiring inside the motor on an electric range hood. They sent a repairman from Bkk who said the motor couldn't be repaired and a new one would be needed at a cost of 8000 baht. Foolishly I said go ahead with the repair. Unbelievably the same thing happened again a couple of months later, this time I took the motor to a local repair guy who has already fixed a washing machine, toaster etc. He repaired the motor for 100 baht and it's been working fine for over a year.

The 3 months repair was at Electrolux directly and it was shortened since I told them that I will send a complaint to the CEO directly - I had his email address. It was still under warranty. Before I have such an experience again I will rather throw it away. 

I have an other problem at my aircon too. 4 companies looked at it already. With no result. They can clean aircons but that seems to be it then. I think it is just a bad capacitor that needs to be replaced. The motor is okay. It simply runs slowly. Sadly the inside fan motor has the capacitor on the PCB directly (what a stupid construction - normally they are easy to replace). A new PCB costs at Daikin many 1000 Baht. So I would need someone who really can fix things and understands what he does. A new capacitor and soldering would be for sure cheaper than a new board. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, giddyup said:

They sent a repairman from Bkk who said the motor couldn't be repaired and a new one would be needed at a cost of 8000 baht.

This is an extremely common approach here in the area. I believe the engineers realize the repair could be easy and relatively cheap, but the money for them is in getting you to replace major parts. They have no qualms about doing this. For Westerners, they don't replace parts, but a Thai can get this done.