Blackout

hansgruber

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How enjoyable it is to sit at my hotel in the pineapple plantations, with darknest all around, save for the flicker of my solar lights and the fireflies.

Beats sitting in an air-con ice-box.....

I'm surprised how some people are surprised unsure.png

Several months ago we were told that due to maintenance, one of Thailands power plants will be Off-Line sometime in May or something like that. The problem was predictable, not unexpected at all. The government said there might be black-out's as Malaysia and Myanmar can only make up for a fraction of what would be needed. I believe Thai Visa mentioned about it too.

So, no surprise. We had no power for about two hours in Koh Phangan but lucky for generator.
We been warned about a couple of months ago, so we were prepared-ish. Next time, I'll ust need to make sure, I have petrol too crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Several months ago we were told that due to maintenance, one of Thailands power plants will be Off-Line sometime in May or something like that. The problem was predictable, not unexpected at all. The government said there might be black-out's as Malaysia and Myanmar can only make up for a fraction of what would be needed. I believe Thai Visa mentioned about it too.

So, no surprise. We had no power for about two hours in Koh Phangan but lucky for generator.

We been warned about a couple of months ago, so we were prepared-ish. Next time, I'll ust need to make sure, I have petrol too crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

As you say; "or something like that".

Well not exactly. Those warnings were related to a gas field in Myanmar shutting down for maintenance, and the worry what effect it may have on Thailand. And was in April.

• Like 2

We been warned about a couple of months ago, so we were prepared-ish. Next time, I'll ust need to make sure, I have petrol too crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Actually the outage was from a malfunction of something or other in Suratthani or something like that. Or at least that's what's been reported, even on Thai TV news stations. Nothing to do with that report of a few months back.

No conspiracies to be had for the tin-hatters here, not that it would stop them anyway... ph34r.png

• Like 1

Hmm... Sounds like someone switched the electricity from Aopor or Paklok to Chalong and Rawai.

We had electricity for an while, but not anymore.

Came back in southern Rawai at 11:00 - ish.

Water wasn't on though.

I suppose the water authority doesn't think to have backup diesel generators for the pumps?

What a place.

What a bunch of ****ers.