Blackout

hansgruber

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering 1 thing about this blackout event where the electric goes out in so many provinces and that is

When this electrical line or plant gets fixed I just want to know is it a short term band aid fix and just the beginning of say a more long term issue of more blackouts to come

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not sure if it is related - but since the power went back on last night I have had constant problems with the internet connection.

I think the building I'm staying in uses 3BB, but its an outside provider (cyberpoint wifi)

Very intermittent, every time I try to load a page it fails 4 or 5 times before it loads, right through until now.

Has anyone else had net issues since last night?

Might sound crazy - but, could another military coup be happening????

If it was they would not black out the people who who cheer for it. They'd black out Issan.
Ahhhhh, tourism - foreigners panicing - heading for the airport - ringing their embassy etc etc etc etc.

That said, we haven't got a post from anyone in Issan yet.

Any y'all southerners want some good quality, true red, Isaan electricity? Plenty of it up here.

Well you need some reward for living in such a boring grotty area. thumbsup.gif

These outages have their advantages.
Most of my neighborhood was outside, talking, laughing, comparing flashlights, playing video games together, etc.

Trying to drink the beer while it was still cold!

Some of them I haven't talked to in months and everyone seemed happy.

I heard my wife discussing farangs and when questioned, she said they were discussing whose fault this outage was.
I said Why farangs?
She said, they leave the air con on when they're not home, as well as lights, have huge houses with more bedrooms than people, big cars, etc.
I didn't argue, except to say that rich Thai people do all these things too.

• Like 1

Not sure if it is related - but since the power went back on last night I have had constant problems with the internet connection.

I think the building I'm staying in uses 3BB, but its an outside provider (cyberpoint wifi)

Very intermittent, every time I try to load a page it fails 4 or 5 times before it loads, right through until now.

3BB working well in Kata today.

3BB working well in Kata today.

I have an UPS on my 3BB router, so I had internet also during the blackout yesterday since 3BBs signal was not affected.

Just wondering 1 thing about this blackout event where the electric goes out in so many provinces and that is

When this electrical line or plant gets fixed I just want to know is it a short term band aid fix and just the beginning of say a more long term issue of more blackouts to come

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Prime Minister Yingluck is sure to go on record with a firm promise that it will not be allowed to happen again. So no worries...

Might sound crazy - but, could another military coup be happening????

If it was they would not black out the people who who cheer for it. They'd black out Issan.

Ahhhhh, tourism - foreigners panicing - heading for the airport - ringing their embassy etc etc etc etc.

That said, we haven't got a post from anyone in Issan yet.

If it's as hot down there as it is up here, an extended power cut will have tourists leaving in droves, unless hotels have their own generators. I can't see the pampered tourists of today suffering without AC, satellite tv and hot showers.

It's at times like this that the cheap places will continue without a break in guest numbers, while expensive places see their guests running for the door.

I had it for a while - I think it was on the 22nd - for maybe 15 to 30 minutes. My browser would instantly show an error message with a "Try again" button, so I would do that and it would take a few more times before it would load. I can't remember what the error page actually said, apart from the "Try again" button.

No power out at all where I am in Kata.

But cable TV out since about 17.20 so electric down some where else.

No problem in my area of Rawai with electric. Cable is out though. Cable just came back online.

Edited by Jimi007

No problem in my area of Rawai with electric. Cable is out though. Cable just came back online.

You gave me hope for the cable TV. Turned on TV - nothing. Wife laughed at me.sad.png

• Like 1

You gave me hope for the cable TV. Turned on TV - nothing. Wife laughed at me.sad.png

LOL! I had just read your post and I turned on my TV, nothing but static! By the time I had finished my post the cable came on and the TV was on really loud! I'm on KPP Rawai though.

Funny, reading the posts, Jimi, told my wife to turn it on, just like LIK.
Then, before she could, I read his.
Then yours again and told her never mind.
But, too late she already did.
And we have it here in Rawai.

Thanks guys.

Still out in Kata. <deleted>??

Storm must have broken something.

Yes, noticed on my way home that the Koktanod area was out. No problems on Katekwan Road and further North.