Annual Visa Extention/renewal Funds

Hi,

I'd like to know, what is the actual rule/law on the annual funds that are required with regards to 1) retirement visa (800,000 BHT/per year for extention) and 2) marriage visa (400,000 BHT/per year for extention).

Specifically, i want to know whether these funds have to be brought in EVERY year (evidence of which to be shown to immigration), OR is it legally acceptable to the immigration deptartment that your Thai Bank simply needs to be seen to have the required amount of funds at the time of visa extention renewal each year (again, evidence of which to be shown to immigration).

If i've lost anyone following the above..sorry, but simply put, can the same funds be used year after year, (whats the actual legal stand point) or do new funds have to be brought in annually?

I know and appreciate what can and can't be done when having a good relationship with authorities in the Kingdom, but in this case, i'd just like some clarification on the actual/legal position.

I've read the immigration website, Interior Ministy website, Thai Embasssy (UK) website and various forums, but none are able to clarify this point.

Any help factual help would be most welcome.

Thanks

KIR

Hi,

I'd like to know, what is the actual rule/law on the annual funds that are required with regards to 1) retirement visa (800,000 BHT/per year for extention) and 2) marriage visa (400,000 BHT/per year for extention).

Specifically, i want to know whether these funds have to be brought in EVERY year (evidence of which to be shown to immigration), OR is it legally acceptable to the immigration deptartment that your Thai Bank simply needs to be seen to have the required amount of funds at the time of visa extention renewal each year (again, evidence of which to be shown to immigration).

If i've lost anyone following the above..sorry, but simply put, can the same funds be used year after year, (whats the actual legal stand point) or do new funds have to be brought in annually?

I know and appreciate what can and can't be done when having a good relationship with authorities in the Kingdom, but in this case, i'd just like some clarification on the actual/legal position.

I've read the immigration website, Interior Ministy website, Thai Embasssy (UK) website and various forums, but none are able to clarify this point.

Any help factual help would be most welcome.

Thanks

KIR

Legally ? I don't know

In practice, the funds have to be topped up to reach the 800k or 400k with funds coming from outside of Thailand.

I am not sure they would accept a balance year after year with no movement of funds and no top up as this would indicate that you are living with other income and they will want to know why.

If you are married and working this is ok but prohibited for retirement

Edited by Krub