Non B - Single Entry Only?

my girlfriend called the embassy yesterday as she is about to join me here in Bangkok, however she cannot get a Multiple Entry Non Immigrant B visa from the embassy in Oslo, as they per now!?!? only issue Single entries....

Can you change a Single Entry Non B visa to a Multiple entry while staying in Thailand? Otherwise it seems like the stupidiest thing ever. (she is norwegian)

Why is it stupid? A "B" visa is for work. All she should need is a single entry and then extend her stay. I believe most all Embassies only issue a single entry type B visa unless you already have a work permit.

No. You can not change a single entry visa inside Thailand.

Why is it stupid? A "B" visa is for work. All she should need is a single entry and then extend her stay. I believe most all Embassies only issue a single entry type B visa unless you already have a work permit.

No. You can not change a single entry visa inside Thailand.

I got my multiple in Sydney with not much problem. How can you possibly get a Non B Visa before you get a Work Permit? And as her job involve a lot of travel to China a multiple would be essential...or can you enter/reenter as many times as you like when you extend the visa for a year?

How can you possibly get a Non B Visa before you get a Work Permit?

You can not obtain a work permit without a valid non immigrant visa so yes you can obtain a non B visa before you get a work permit.

And as her job involve a lot of travel to China a multiple would be essential...or can you enter/reenter as many times as you like when you extend the visa for a year?

You obtain a one year extension of stay and then a multi re-entry permit to match and you leave/return at your convenience and maintain the same expiration date stamp each time you enter. No requirement to leave but you may at any time.

The other option may be to use the single entry, obtain work permit, obtain multi B visa from Penang. She will be required to exit every 90 days or less with that visa but if travel is frequent that may not be a problem.