Cricket In Bangkok

cricket

And others claim it is an extremely tedious game doted on by the British and a few others:

Doted on by the English, rather than the British (Scotland -v- Wales Test Match?) because many grounds could serve beer all day, while the pubs were forced to close at three in the afternoon.

And there is very little to beat sitting in a deck chair on the village green on a Sunday afternoon, snoring away while the sound of ball on willow drifts across the green ....

Except having a knees-up in the Frog & Nightgown on Soi ** with half-a-dozen lively bar-girls, watching England win the Rugby World Cup, having a good plate of fish 'n' chips, or Som Tam

Why go on ....

Warnie now has his 500 wickets the second player ever, that chucker is close, however the great leggie beat him to it.

Australia won on a pitch especially prepared for the chucker, but it backfired.

Here are the results.

Sri Lanka v Australia

Galle Intl Stadium

2nd Inns:

* Australia 8/512 (Dec)

M.L. Hayden 130 D.S. Lehmann 129 D.R. Martyn 110 M. Muralitharan 5/153

Sri Lanka 10/154

S.K. Warne 5/43

1st Inns:

Australia 10/220

D.S. Lehmann 63 M. Muralitharan 6/59

Sri Lanka 10/381

T.M. Dilshan 104 D.P.M.D. Jayawardene 68 S.K. Warne 5/116

Australia won by 197 runs

Like them 12call? :D:o

• 1 month later...

Irish man declares for English cricket squad

Irish cricket sensation Ed Joyce has decided to declare for England in a bid to reach the zenith of his professional career

But the 23-year-old Middlesex player must undergo a four-year qualification period before he can be included in an English line up, he will however be permitted to play for Ireland in the interim.

It was a decision which the Wicklow man did not make rashly and has come to only after a lot of soul-searching. "Everything about me is Irish, but we are not a Test nation," said the middle-order batsman,

He is also looking forward to batting for Ireland in their cricket campaigns for the next four years. "I have declared for England but the good thing is I can still play for Ireland during the qualification period," he said.

Hailing from a cricket-mad family in Bray, Ed played for Merrion and Dublin University before moving to England to join Middlesex.

Over to u Blonco !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Murali is a chucker. Umpire Darrel Hair said so, and that's good enough for me!

The ICC should strip him of the wickets he took in Zimbabwe recently. What a shambles. What a disgrace.

As for English cricketers, quite a few were born in other countries:

A. Caddick - NZ

R. Croft - Wales

N. Hussain - India

The only Irish-born players to have played for England were:

Leland Hone, Timmy O'Brien and Martin McCague. McCague was actually brought up in Australia! Of course he was never good enough to play for Australia.

Irish man declares for English cricket squad 

Irish cricket sensation Ed Joyce has decided to declare for England in a bid to reach the zenith of his professional career

But the 23-year-old Middlesex player must undergo a four-year qualification period before he can be included in an English line up, he will however be permitted to play for Ireland in the interim.

It was a decision which the Wicklow man did not make rashly and has come to only after a lot of soul-searching. "Everything about me is Irish, but we are not a Test nation," said the middle-order batsman,

He is also looking forward to batting for Ireland in their cricket campaigns for the next four years. "I have declared for England but the good thing is I can still play for Ireland during the qualification period," he said.

Hailing from a cricket-mad family in Bray, Ed played for Merrion and Dublin University before moving to England to join Middlesex.

Over to u Blonco !!!!!!

I didn't think an irishman could count to 4. :D

Seriously though, what is the big deal about playing for a second rate side like england, they remind me of that good old Aussie band, the Easy Beats. :o

Not only Hair, more recently an english umpire too called him in ceylon.

He submitted himself for testing at a University in Perth, his action was found illegal as he straightened his arm more than 10 degrees. A point worth noting, he slowed his delivery by more than 30k during the test in an attempt to beat it.

back to you 12carr

Australian prime minister says Muralitharan throws the ball.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard, a self-confessed "cricket tragic," weighed in Friday in the debate over whether star Sri Lankan legspinner Muttiah Muralitharan is a thrower.

Howard's verdict: "Yes."

"They proved it in Perth too, with that thing," Howard added, miming a video screen with his hands.

Muralitharan, who became the top test wicket-taker last week with 521 wickets, surpassing West Indian Courtney Walsh's total of 519, has a genetic defect which stops him from fully straightening his bowling arm.

His "doosra" delivery - a ball which spins away from right-handed batsmen - was reported as a suspect bowling action after the home series loss to Australia in March.

The International Cricket Council-sanctioned University of Western Australia in Perth proved Muralitharan wasn't bowling with a straight enough arm. Since he was reported, he has been under a 12-month probation, meaning he could be banned if he is reported again for throwing instead of bowling.

Howard has been a lifelong cricket fan, commenting frequently on the sport and its personalities. When he hosted a barbecue last year for visiting U.S. President George Bush, one of the invited guests was former Australian cricket captain Mark Taylor, whom he introduced to Bush.

When Howard visited the United States last year, he told New York Yankees baseball manager Joe Torre during a visit to Yankee Stadium that if Torre ever visited Australia, he'd take Torre to a cricket match.

Well there you have it,JH says that the LEADING Wicket Taker in Test Cricket is a chucker !!!!!!! so it MUST be TRUE !!!!!!

Muttiah Muralitharan, the newly-crowned world-record Test bowler, has returned home to a hero's welcome in Sri Lanka. Politicians, cricket administrators, family and close friends welcomed him at the airport before crawling in a four-hour motorcade through rush-hour traffic to the cricket board headquarters in central Colombo.

Thousands of fans, provided extra motivation by the ongoing controversy over his bowling, poured onto the streets to celebrate his return from Zimbabwe where he broke Courtney Walsh's world record and became the highest wicket-taker in Test history.

Muralitharan's arrival was even broadcast live on national television with the cameras following his journey from the time the team's Emirates airline jumbo touched down at Katunayake International Airport. He was garlanded as he led the team into the VIP arrivals hall before being mobbed by the media.

Murali appeared slightly overwhelmed by the outpouring of affection. "I'm very happy to have achieved this record for the country," he said. "It's a huge honour and I am very grateful for all the support I have received. Everyone has done so much for me."

"I would like to thank the public, my parents, all my past captains, especially Arjuna Ranatunga who stood by me during tough times, and my team-mates, without whom it would have not been possible, and, finally, the cricket board, who have backed me all the way."

Behind the scenes, Murali's arrival has prompted the government to get ever more involved in his doosra ban. Despite Eshan Mani's plea for politicians to stay out of the controversy, the prime minister, Mahinda Rajapakse, has successfully lobbied for the Indian government to support Muralitharan.

Murali has remained typically defiant about his outlawed delivery, claiming that he "was stronger than ever" and suggesting that he was the victim of an Anglo-Australian conspiracy: "The ban is because of pressure from Australia and England. There is no problem in Asia."

When the hullabaloo over his return dies down – on Saturday he will be paraded through the streets of Kandy, his hillcountry hometown – he will sit down with close friends and advisors to consider whether to confront the ICC directly with a legal fight.

ARE THE AUSSIES AFRAID TO FACE Muralitharan IN THE COMING SEASON IN AUSLAND???

He is a chucker of that there is no doubt.

He will never be called in ceylon again of that there is no doubt.

Any umpire who calls him outside of ceylon will never umpire in ceylon or the sub-continent again no doubt.

What about this for a bit of controversy, call me a racist but the Cricketing Nations are quickly developing into 2 factions, black and white.

Did you see how quickly the ceylon cricket board jumped into Zimbabwe's case when the Oz trip there was being heavily criticised.?

You are a racist.

Well I won the bet, if anyone was gonna use those words, my money was on you 12carr.

If my comment are racist however then I invite the Moderators to delete the post, if it stays, then you are wrong again. :D

One other thing 12carr, why wont the chucker toru Oz????, I hear he is a bit thin skinned. :o

You are a racist.

Well I won the bet, if anyone was gonna use those words, my money was on you 12carr.

If my comment are racist however then I invite the Moderators to delete the post, if it stays, then you are wrong again. :D

One other thing 12carr, why wont the chucker toru Oz????, I hear he is a bit thin skinned. :o

Thin Skinned,that's according to the DRUG USER is it not?

And here he is !!!!!!shanewarne.gif

And here he is with some THIN SKINSakshay-shane.jpg