Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

webfact

Considering the age of these supposed "bogans" they should know better but arrive already fuelled by people like Tim Sharky Ward about TIT and rules and manners don't count...consume alcahol and whoever knows what..become agressive..suffer the consequences ..

A lot of people go to Thailand and feel like there are no rules or laws they have to follow

This same duo when would be out looking for trouble in Australia when drunk and partying. Unfortunately for them they got the type of sustained and severe response they are unlikely to get back in OZ.

I'm not sure they would be out looking for trouble back home Bookman. They were caught up in the excitement of being on holiday, in a foreign country, relying on something they read on the internet, and inhibitions go out the window. If you hang out in a place like Phuket/Pattaya/Soi Nana in Bangkok, you get a jaundiced view of what Thailand is like, and how Thais live. They didn't take the time to relax, take it in, learn a little of the country they were visiting, evaluate the area they were in, so they misbehaved and copped a flogging.

I have no sympathy, and believe it should have been a more severe lesson. There's something that I've learned in life, and that is that people learn no lesson unless they learn the expensive lesson, and in my view, this could, and should, have been more expensive for them.

As per my previous post, I'd administer the lethal injection for being so stupid, and thereby raise the world IQ by a tiny fraction.

Edited by F4UCorsair

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look what just appeared in the news...

http://m.smh.com.au/travel/trave

l-news/more-travellers-taking-a-trip-theyd-rather-forget-20130525-2n3rg.html

Four Australian travellers a day are arrested for crimes around the world and statistics show a jump of almost 50 per cent from previous years.

Figures from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade revealed that 1507 Australia

ns were arrested or jailed for various crimes in the 2011-2012 financial year, up from 1067 in 2010-2011.

The number of Australians in custody was at record levels with 572 being jailed as at December 31.

And where did the majority of this trouble occur?

Not in Thailand... Compare apples to apples...

Look what just appeared in the news...http://m.smh.com.au/travel/trave

l-news/more-travellers-taking-a-trip-theyd-rather-forget-20130525-2n3rg.html

Four Australian travellers a day are arrested for crimes around the world and statistics show a jump of almost 50 per cent from previous years.

Figures from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade revealed that 1507 Australia

ns were arrested or jailed for various crimes in the 2011-2012 financial year, up from 1067 in 2010-2011.

The number of Australians in custody was at record levels with 572 being jailed as at December 31.

And where did the majority of this trouble occur?

Not in Thailand... Compare apples to apples...

Sorry URL screwed up, typing on dumb smartphone.

Just copy and paste it into the browser addreddbox and you'll find a map. They were spread out everywhere but Thailand is high.

Well, I do not know much about the details of this story, but do know a bit about the bloodied bloke pictured. I was once dancing with my girlfriend (about 3 years ago) and he walked up and said something into her ear. He then immediately pushed me away very firmly and she hurriedly grabbed me and hugged me. He looked at me and said, "get lost" and I looked back and said, "I think you can tell who she chose".. He then hauled off and punched me right in the jaw while I was hugging and dancing with my girl. I've never been in a fight before and didn't return the punch but I was a bit pissed off and considering it.. I have seen him quite drunk on many occasion and quite belligerent to several ladies since.. If he was the one hit with the ashtray, he doesn't get much sympathy from me. Oddly enough, I saw him last night, I always stay clear of him though I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me. w00t.gif

All this has happened in Australia right? Because it's stated this was their first trip to Thailand.

but it gives no details of the person pictured in the photo who alleged he got hit with the ashtray.

Probably just a little more to the story than we have been told.

I am led to believe that the pic of a bloodied man standing solo was the American who got hit with the Ashtray.. It doesn't depict him exactly from what I've read but sort of insinuates that is him. Stating man was bloodied by an ashtray I probably shouldn't assume..and no they didn't actually say it was him who was hit with the ashtray but it did seem to insinuate it was him. I shouldn't assume, as i know not for sure.. And as for what may be a confusing post of mine above, i thought i was replying to another post I'd made on this thread, about running into the bloodied man pictured solo, a few years ago in a bar here, while with my girlfriend..

Well, I do not know much about the details of this story, but do know a bit about the bloodied bloke pictured. I was once dancing with my girlfriend (about 3 years ago) and he walked up and said something into her ear. He then immediately pushed me away very firmly and she hurriedly grabbed me and hugged me. He looked at me and said, "get lost" and I looked back and said, "I think you can tell who she chose".. He then hauled off and punched me right in the jaw while I was hugging and dancing with my girl. I've never been in a fight before and didn't return the punch but I was a bit pissed off and considering it.. I have seen him quite drunk on many occasion and quite belligerent to several ladies since.. If he was the one hit with the ashtray, he doesn't get much sympathy from me. Oddly enough, I saw him last night, I always stay clear of him though I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me. w00t.gif

All this has happened in Australia right? Because it's stated this was their first trip to Thailand.

but it gives no details of the person pictured in the photo who alleged he got hit with the ashtray.

Probably just a little more to the story than we have been told.

I am led to believe that the pic of a bloodied man standing solo was the American who got hit with the Ashtray.. It doesn't depict him exactly from what I've read but sort of insinuates that is him. Stating man was bloodied by an ashtray I probably shouldn't assume..and no they didn't actually say it was him who was hit with the ashtray but it did seem to insinuate it was him. I shouldn't assume, as i know not for sure.. And as for what may be a confusing post of mine above, i thought i was replying to another post I'd made on this thread, about running into the bloodied man pictured solo, a few years ago in a bar here, while with my girlfriend..

No, it happened in Phuket, the man I am talking about is the bloodied man pictured solo.. that I believe they are depicting as the American hit with the Ashtray, only the Aussies have been here a short time. Not all details of the story are clear and more to the story would paint a clearer picture. sorry all, i have sort of mixed up two different posts of mine on this thread. I am new here and have no clue how to find the response to my posts as my emial doesn't seem to provide a direct link to any comments on my posts, just an email saying someone commented.. If anyone has a little help as to how to locate a post in discussion, the advice is welcomed here.

Considering the age of these supposed "bogans" they should know better but arrive already fuelled by people like Tim Sharky Ward about TIT and rules and manners don't count...consume alcahol and whoever knows what..become agressive..suffer the consequences ..

A lot of people go to Thailand and feel like there are no rules or laws they have to follow

This same duo when would be out looking for trouble in Australia when drunk and partying. Unfortunately for them they got the type of sustained and severe response they are unlikely to get back in OZ.

...I'm not sure they would be out looking for trouble back home Bookman. They were caught up in the excitement of being on holiday, in a foreign country, relying on something they read on the internet, and inhibitions go out the window. If you hang out in a place like Phuket/Pattaya/Soi Nana in Bangkok, you get a jaundiced view of what Thailand is like, and how Thais live. They didn't take the time to relax, take it in, learn a little of the country they were visiting, evaluate the area they were in, so they misbehaved and copped a flogging.

Yes, you're right, that is a possible scenario.

For myself, i find that when guys of their age get in fights in bars there is usually a history of it

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

No surprise. They are the descendants of British criminals deported by the Kingdom at that old time. That's why we can see certain similarities between the English and the Australians... wink.png

It amazes me the amount of ill informed people who take to their keyboards and open their gobs before researching anything, when they are sitting in front of the greatest research tool in the history of mankind. Use it.

Yes, Australia, New South Wales was the first British Colony on our large island nation where the mother country transported their criminals. But wait. It was only the 'petty' crims they exported. Fraud, Embezzlement, Forgery, debtors - and of course for stealing food, as in loaves of bread to ward off starvation. The perps of Major and Captitol crimes (the real bad <deleted>) were all locked up and or executed in England. Not transported. Have a look at Australia today. In only just over 200 years. Highest living standard and wages in the world. Not a bad effort really. Not too bad for a bunch of 'crims'.

Actually the Poms now realise they made a big mistake, they should have left the crims at home and all buggered off down there when they had the chance!

Actually, my ancestors were Stonemasons, free settlers from the Old Dart, sailed to Oz in the early 1800s.

As for the term POM or Pommy - Which can be used both as derogatory or affectionate. It has been cloaked in mystery as to its real origin for years.

The most convincing suggestion for the etymology of the term 'Pom' is to be found on Michael Quinion's World Wide Words website.

"It is now pretty well accepted that the pomegranate theory is close to the truth, though there's a slight twist to take note of. HJ Rumsey wrote about it in 1920 in the introduction to his book The Pommies, or New Chums in Australia. He suggested that the word began life on the wharves in Melbourne as a form of rhyming slang. An immigrant was at first called a Jimmy Grant (was there perhaps a famous real person by that name around at the time?), but over time this shifted to Pommy Grant, perhaps as a reference to pomegranate, because the new chums did burn in the sun. With their pale skin turning the colour of a ripe pomegranate. Later pommy became a word on its own and was frequently abbreviated still further. The pomegranate theory was also given some years earlier in The Anzac Book of 1916.

I have been visiting and living in places like Pattaya since the VN War and Pattaya never changed so much as when the British Invasion began. The Poms ruined Pattaya with the arrival of their 'Lager Louts' via budget airlines. One rarely saw a fight in a Pattaya bar until they arrived.

So we can sit here all day finger pointing at which country has the greatest number of beer sodden neandathals. When the fact is every country has them.

• Like 2

No, it happened here in Phuket 3 years ago, I am referring to the American or should I say the bloody man pictured solo in post 1.

No, it happened in Phuket. I am referring to the American or the bloodied guy who is pictured solo in the first post. He has been here for years.

I worked on Bangla road for a year, it's not uncommon for fights like this. We had a few at the bar I worked at, always made the night more interesting. 99% of the fights were drunk/stupid tourist running their mouths off.

Sent using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

No surprise. They are the descendants of British criminals deported by the Kingdom at that old time. That's why we can see certain similarities between the English and the Australians... wink.png

It amazes me the amount of ill informed people who take to their keyboards and open their gobs before researching anything, when they are sitting in front of the greatest research tool in the history of mankind. Use it.

Yes, Australia, New South Wales was the first British Colony on our large island nation where the mother country transported their criminals. But wait. It was only the 'petty' crims they exported. Fraud, Embezzlement, Forgery, debtors - and of course for stealing food, as in loaves of bread to ward off starvation. The perps of Major and Captitol crimes (the real bad <deleted>) were all locked up and or executed in England. Not transported. Have a look at Australia today. In only just over 200 years. Highest living standard and wages in the world. Not a bad effort really. Not too bad for a bunch of 'crims'.

Actually the Poms now realise they made a big mistake, they should have left the crims at home and all buggered off down there when they had the chance!

Actually, my ancestors were Stonemasons, free settlers from the Old Dart, sailed to Oz in the early 1800s.

As for the term POM or Pommy - Which can be used both as derogatory or affectionate. It has been cloaked in mystery as to its real origin for years.

The most convincing suggestion for the etymology of the term 'Pom' is to be found on Michael Quinion's World Wide Words website.

"It is now pretty well accepted that the pomegranate theory is close to the truth, though there's a slight twist to take note of. HJ Rumsey wrote about it in 1920 in the introduction to his book The Pommies, or New Chums in Australia. He suggested that the word began life on the wharves in Melbourne as a form of rhyming slang. An immigrant was at first called a Jimmy Grant (was there perhaps a famous real person by that name around at the time?), but over time this shifted to Pommy Grant, perhaps as a reference to pomegranate, because the new chums did burn in the sun. With their pale skin turning the colour of a ripe pomegranate. Later pommy became a word on its own and was frequently abbreviated still further. The pomegranate theory was also given some years earlier in The Anzac Book of 1916.

I have been visiting and living in places like Pattaya since the VN War and Pattaya never changed so much as when the British Invasion began. The Poms ruined Pattaya with the arrival of their 'Lager Louts' via budget airlines. One rarely saw a fight in a Pattaya bar until they arrived.

So we can sit here all day finger pointing at which country has the greatest number of beer sodden neandathals. When the fact is every country has them.

At last someone who knows a bit about Australian history and about the very bad convicts they sent there another good source about all the bad people is

The Fatal Shore. by Robert Hughes well worth a read.

BTW.

I'm not Australian.

At last someone who knows a bit about Australian history and about the very bad convicts they sent there another good source about all the bad people is

The Fatal Shore. by Robert Hughes well worth a read.

BTW.

I'm not Australian.

PS.

Before Australia the UK sent them to America but when America got independence that put stop to that, funny that is never mentioned.

There you go.

This is not an issue restricted to Australians or Brits, plenty of americans, europeans and others also imbibe too much and lose control, do stupid things. However, young Australians seem more and more hellbent on drinking themselves "stupider" than they already are with their binge drinking and their ridiculous behaviour, they are not an embarrassment to Australia, but an embarrassment to humanity.

I went to Rottnest Island off Perth for a holiday. The place was full of drunk teenagers throwing up everywhere. I have never seen such a disgusting sight anywhere else in the world
  • Like 1

This is not an issue restricted to Australians or Brits, plenty of americans, europeans and others also imbibe too much and lose control, do stupid things. However, young Australians seem more and more hellbent on drinking themselves "stupider" than they already are with their binge drinking and their ridiculous behaviour, they are not an embarrassment to Australia, but an embarrassment to humanity.

I went to Rottnest Island off Perth for a holiday. The place was full of drunk teenagers throwing up everywhere. I have never seen such a disgusting sight anywhere else in the world
Been there and seen that and would advise people never to even think about going there at the end of school year.

Another place to keep away in Western Australia at the same time of year is Dunsborough.

PS.

Before Australia the UK sent them to America but when America got independence that put stop to that, funny that is never mentioned.

There you go.

Here's some interesting facts conveniently ignored by Australian bashers:

Since early 1945, more than 7 million people have come to Australia as new settlers. The trigger for a large-scale migration program was the end of World War II.

The 2011 Census showed that over one in four of Australia's 22 million people were born overseas.

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics in mid-2010 5,993,945 of the Australian resident population were born outside Australia, representing 26.8% of the total Australian resident population.

Over 200 countries are represented, but the UK is number one on the list. Thailand is 24th on the list.

Now add to that immigration from the UK from 1850 onward (gold rush) and early 1900's and you'll find that the number of people directly descended from prisoners is quite small relative to the whole population.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

In my three years working at the Australian embassy from 96-98 I visited Patong regularly to assist Australian warships visiting Ao Makham and anchoring off Patong. During that period I am ashamed to say I saw some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from Australian servicemen! I visited Patong again as a civilian last year and I was absolutely disgusted at the appearance and behaviour of young Australian "Bogans" there for a week of alcohol abuse and depravity.

It seems Australian tourists are quickly developing a reputation for being the most aggressive and rude nationality across the world. One of the reasons I chose to leave Australia and live in Thailand was the seemingly rampant disregard to the rule of law by the young people of Australia.

Disgusting behaviour by two Australian men who clearly do not know when they have had enough to drink. They must have been truly wasted for the bouncers at Hollywood to refuse them entry judging by the state of some of the people I have seen admitted over the years!

Makes one ashamed to be Australian!

That's an interesting perspective.

I work with several Australians and none of them impress me as the type that would do anything like those two in the Patong situation. The nice Aussies I work with are older, though, and they've been here for quite some time. But they express frustration that Australia has become such a nanny state, and from what they say, it seems that perhaps the OZ government has taken "self-protection laws" to an extreme. After reading your comments, I wonder if there's any connection to young Australians feeling so suppressed by an overabundance of laws in their own country that they lose control a bit when visiting abroad, especially in a place like Thailand where it's perceived to be somewhat lawless.

• Like 1

Thank you cpofc for your well written post, a pity the majority of the Aussie bashing rednecks that read it will either understand it or give it the credit it deserves. I am surprised KhunMichael and Jake Blues can manage to write anything with their feet so firmly stuck in their mouths.

In my three years working at the Australian embassy from 96-98 I visited Patong regularly to assist Australian warships visiting Ao Makham and anchoring off Patong. During that period I am ashamed to say I saw some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from Australian servicemen! I visited Patong again as a civilian last year and I was absolutely disgusted at the appearance and behaviour of young Australian "Bogans" there for a week of alcohol abuse and depravity.

It seems Australian tourists are quickly developing a reputation for being the most aggressive and rude nationality across the world. One of the reasons I chose to leave Australia and live in Thailand was the seemingly rampant disregard to the rule of law by the young people of Australia.

Disgusting behaviour by two Australian men who clearly do not know when they have had enough to drink. They must have been truly wasted for the bouncers at Hollywood to refuse them entry judging by the state of some of the people I have seen admitted over the years!

Makes one ashamed to be Australian!

That's an interesting perspective.

I work with several Australians and none of them impress me as the type that would do anything like those two in the Patong situation. The nice Aussies I work with are older, though, and they've been here for quite some time. But they express frustration that Australia has become such a nanny state, and from what they say, it seems that perhaps the OZ government has taken "self-protection laws" to an extreme. After reading your comments, I wonder if there's any connection to young Australians feeling so suppressed by an overabundance of laws in their own country that they lose control a bit when visiting abroad, especially in a place like Thailand where it's perceived to be somewhat lawless.

No. Plenty of drunken behaviour and associated violence in Australia. Not overwhelming, but most definitely occurs on a regular basis.

Think about why so called nanny state legislation has been enacted in the first place. Activities by inconsiderate morons cost the State a lot of time & money in resources, whether it is cleaning beaches or staffing emergency services. Those who complain about the nanny state would do so even more if government funded services were not provided. Just look at the comments made in response to complaints made to the Australian Honorary Consul in Phuket

• Like 1

I agree cpofc, well posted. Every country I've visited, and it's probably 40+, has its 'lager lout' equivalents, and they're boorish the world over.

Khun Michael, give it a break man. That's a line that's been done to death over the years, it's not valid, and frankly I'm starting to find it a bit tedious and offensive, particularly when it's a parroted line with no thought given. It's mentioned several times further up in the thread, is just a dumb line, and at a guess, the number of caucasians in Australia descended from free settlers would greatly outnumber those descended from criminals transported for crimes committed in the old country, so your contention is plain silly.

I'm descended from convict stock and proud of it (but no more proud than if I'd come from a line of free settlers), never committed a crime, never been in a brawl, am a retired professional, have university degrees, am more articulate than most who post here, but by your reckoning I am probably none of those.

tropo, post # 356, made some good points.

jocko, post $ 351, I agree, Fatal Shore is well worth reading.

Edited by F4UCorsair