Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

webfact

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story. Made so by the fact that the "mob" was not clearly defined.... Would be curious to know if it was other farang patrons at the bar, or local Thai guys. Looks like they would have pissed off both groups, with the ashtray attack on the American and slapping the bar girl. Impressive to break the guy's leg in a street fight, must have used some furniture on him. And after seeing the photos, it seems to once again solidify the link between excessive tattoos and mindless drunken violence. Regarding their injuries, som nam na !!!!!!!!!

They where warned by Thais & farang alike - they didnt heed the warning!

Tattoos have got nothing to do with it! NO more than singlets or board shorts do!

i have tattoos,i don't get drunk,i have respect for Thai culture and there people,I am Australian and proud of it,lets hope these 2 Aussies learnt a valuable lesson here.

drunks never learn lessions, they just heal and than get whipped the next time they act up!

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

really? I am surprised at that, haven't seen to many aussies being fools, but that dosn't mean that it does not happen. most of the sussies that I have seen have been happy drunks,

Another couple of <deleted> giving us all a bad name, someone should invent an idiot detector to stop these fools leaving Oz

I'm quite sure the problem is with every nationality, when they left Oz I am sure they were very nice people, the drink affects people in different ways! Hope they realize what they did and realize there life could have been at risk!!

I doubt that

So what we have here is a couple of aussies who objected to the American smoking in a bar in which that is not legal. The ashtray mysteriously leaped off the table hitting the American and a chain reaction occurs.

CSI Harry! He sees how it all went down, so perceptive! Seriously, what is the point of such conjecture?

The Thai press (it's on the front page of one of the big dailies) says they were refused entrance to Hollywood and started abusing the guard, almost causing a fight, then went directly opposite to the Kangaroo Bar, split open the American's eyebrow with an ashtray, slapped a bar-girl, started hitting other customers with a chair and even started assaulting other people on the soi.

Eventually, other tourists (of no specified nationality) had had enough, surrounded these two knuckle-draggers and gave them the kicking they so richly deserved. I hope they weren't too drunk to remember the lesson they were given. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, low-lifes.

Can you provide a link to the Thai page?

wouldnt be surprised if there were a few aussies giving these idiots a lesson amongst the mob. Its is always a few giving the rest of us a bad name, happens everywhere, getting drunk is no excuse, they need to be tossed out of Thailand along with all the other idiots that think they can come here and do as they please.

• Like 1

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

really? I am surprised at that, haven't seen to many aussies being fools, but that dosn't mean that it does not happen. most of the sussies that I have seen have been happy drunks,

I'm equally sure that Australians and other nationalities could level the same accusation against your countrymen. There are scumbags in every country it's just unfortunate that they are able to travel nowadays.

It's sad to see two you men Australian or not behaving this way with no respect for the people around them. Even more unfortunate is that it apperas to be Australians that are in the headlines for this over other nationalities. Being Australian myself it very disappointing every tome I read these aritcles.

looking by these pictures it seems there may be more to the story with all the hugging happening. Especially the pic where he didn't want to let go of his "mate"

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Mob-violently-bounces-Aussies-from-Kangaroo-Bar-21131.html

Absolutely brilliant!!!

Thai logic (an oxymoron if ever there was one).

The police have handcuffed the guy with the broken leg clap2.gif and not the guy with just a gash over his eye clap2.gif

• Like 2

They come act like fools, they think that it's ok to disrespect people and act like they are better than the local people. This happens in this country too often with both Brits and Aussies. They should take away there visa exempt status to visit the country. Make them get tourist visas to come here.

They should definitely do something but I don't know that your proposal would change much. Compulsory education means that they have enough brain power to fill in a tourist visa application. Idiots like these two should be registered on a "Not allowed to travel" list.

Yep, really gives us Aussie's a bad name. Such a shame. Usually it is the kids coming over for their first or second trip to Thailand, getting drunk and thinking they are better than everyone else. Happens all too much in Phuket which makes me avoid it and hit Pattaya instead for a break - and that is saying something!!!!!

One very good reason why I and many others give Patong a wide berth!!

Yes, you are right. The same reason I do not go out in Germany in my hometowns party mile. But you may believe or not: It is not Thailand!

I don't believe this story. Some things don't add up.

ALL MOB BEATINGS that I have witnessed in Thailand are Thais, who join in punching, kicking, and stomping after the fact, with no sense of hesitation.

The fact that XXX Disco is brought up makes me wonder if they were in, and kicked out.

I would not be surprised if the two were drunk and argumentative. That wouldn't be enough to warrant a beating that leads to a broken leg.

Don't expect them to even hint at the truth until they are back in Oz. Until then I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. The Bangla area is prone to mob beatings because of the high number of Thai men in the area, bouncers, tuk tuk, motorcycles, etc.

Interesting story. Made so by the fact that the "mob" was not clearly defined.... Would be curious to know if it was other farang patrons at the bar, or local Thai guys. Looks like they would have pissed off both groups, with the ashtray attack on the American and slapping the bar girl. Impressive to break the guy's leg in a street fight, must have used some furniture on him. And after seeing the photos, it seems to once again solidify the link between excessive tattoos and mindless drunken violence. Regarding their injuries, som nam na !!!!!!!!!

They where warned by Thais & farang alike - they didnt heed the warning!

Tattoos have got nothing to do with it! NO more than singlets or board shorts do!

very true..you can also add nationalities to above...piss heads are just that!!!

• Like 1

It's odd that these fellows who do this more often than naught seem to be built like a Hino Truck and look like Og the Caveman. I could set a beer can on that man's brow alone and it would remain there soundly. I wonder if these guys are on steroids or something and their minds are already on the fringe; simply waiting for a few pints of alcohol to trigger the reaction. I do not recall ever seeing or reading about a 70 Kilo man resorting to the same behavior.

They come act like fools, they think that it's ok to disrespect people and act like they are better than the local people. This happens in this country too often with both Brits and Aussies. They should take away there visa exempt status to visit the country. Make them get tourist visas to come here.

How will that sort out this problem?

If they have to get a visa in Oz to come next time they will have this on their record and may not be granted a visa for another entry. England does this with "Football Hooligans" and they are not allowed to leave the country to cause problem for other countries police.

In my three years working at the Australian embassy from 96-98 I visited Patong regularly to assist Australian warships visiting Ao Makham and anchoring off Patong. During that period I am ashamed to say I saw some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from Australian servicemen! I visited Patong again as a civilian last year and I was absolutely disgusted at the appearance and behaviour of young Australian "Bogans" there for a week of alcohol abuse and depravity.

It seems Australian tourists are quickly developing a reputation for being the most aggressive and rude nationality across the world. One of the reasons I chose to leave Australia and live in Thailand was the seemingly rampant disregard to the rule of law by the young people of Australia.

Disgusting behaviour by two Australian men who clearly do not know when they have had enough to drink. They must have been truly wasted for the bouncers at Hollywood to refuse them entry judging by the state of some of the people I have seen admitted over the years!

Makes one ashamed to be Australian!

You shouldn't be ashamed because of a few, these two thugs should be deported!!

Agreed they should be deported. But I can well understand being ashamed. I have had to have dealings with them outside of the drinking scene both here in Chiang Mai and Bangkok. They can be a very arrogant lot who think they are better than others.

Thankfully that is not true of all of them there are some very fine Ozzie's here.