BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

You seem to be overlooking a few things.

1. The drunken scumbags were the perpetrators here.

2. The drunken scumbags got exactly what they deserved.

3. Defending the drunken scumbags is a bit ludicrous, mate.

You're the one being ludicrous here, mate....

I've overlooked nothing. Assuming the report was 100% accurate and they are guilty as reported, they did not deserve a deadly attack from a mob. They "deserved" to be restrained and arrested - that's it.

My point was about the assault on them being deadly. Yes, they did survive but it could have resulted in death.

I see you are still making wild assumptions!

• Like 1

OK..i've lived in Thailand over 20 years....mixed and mingled all over and never seen as you said ''a lot of racial hatred"' .....mob violence? sure any country has that and add booze and shit happens now and again..but a lot of racial hatred is crap..IMO

May I suggest you open your eyes and take off your rose coloured glasses.

And yes, these type of incidents do occur all over the world. Where did I Indicate that this only happens in Thailand?

No rose tints on me and my eyes are well open ...as i said ''a lot of racial hatred ''is crap...

You need to calm down giggle.gif

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

No surprise. They are the descendants of British criminals deported by the Kingdom at that old time. That's why we can see certain similarities between the English and the Australians... ;)

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians.  I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

No surprise. They are the descendants of British criminals deported by the Kingdom at that old time. That's why we can see certain similarities between the English and the Australians... ;)

May I ask where you come from?

No rose tints on me and my eyes are well open ...as i said ''a lot of racial hatred ''is crap...

Ok, so we both think the other is spinning crap... now we can give it a break.

Edited by tropo

@mikemac...

"Isn't it ironic that all these businesses selling booze will beg (advertise) for customers to come and drink their booze and then when they get too drunk and rowdy they'll throw them out on the street like trash or even "punish" them first - their best customers."

What's ironic about that?

Don't know how it works where you come from, but this is exactly how it works in the U.S.

-- and everyone understands that. It's called being a responsible person and not drinking

more than you can handle.

Immature teenage boys with poor judgment and no drinking experience often get falling-down

drunk and make a total fool of themselves. Men usually outgrow that kind of immature behavior.

Some never do.

@ tropo , I am surprised you even responded to that "ludicrous" comment from BradinAsia. He seems to know a lot about what happened that night, perhaps he was there. Likes the term "drunken scumbags" as well, takes one to know one.

I am beginning to think these guys found a bottle of Bundy rum that night and the rest is history.

You still making excuses for these immature low-life drunks? If you don't like

the names I called them, feel free to add your own favorite names.

Just leave out the "nice guy" stuff, ok?

@mikemac...

"Isn't it ironic that all these businesses selling booze will beg (advertise) for customers to come and drink their booze and then when they get too drunk and rowdy they'll throw them out on the street like trash or even "punish" them first - their best customers."

Don't know how it works where you come from, but this is exactly how it works in the U.S.

-- and everyone understands that. It's called being a responsible person and not drinking

Immature teenage boys with poor judgment and no drinking experience often get falling-down

drunk and make a total fool of themselves. Men usually outgrow that kind of immature behavior.

Some never do.

At the end of the day, you're just a hard head who believes it's ok for violent mobs to dish out street justice to anyone they think deserves it.

A mob attack can be deadly, but that's ok with you. It's ok to kick the shit out of people and break legs.

In my world there's no excuse for a mob assault. That's not the way justice is served.

Those kids were lucky to escape with their lives. It doesn't always end so well.

Fortunately, in both our respective countries, this kind of violence is frowned upon by most people and there's laws against it.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

It's not simply a matter of whether or not these guys deserved to be beaten half to death by an enraged mob. Nobody deserves that. (Usually!)

But the fact is, that when you put yourself into such a situation, especially in an environment where you are out of your comfort zone, you alone put yourself at the risk of suffering the consequences of which you alone set in motion.

In other words: som nam nah.
  • Like 1

@mikemac...

Some never do.

At the end of the day, you're just a hard head who believes it's ok for violent mobs to dish out street justice to anyone they think deserves it.

A mob attack can be deadly, but that's ok with you. It's ok to kick the shit out of people and break legs.

In my world there's no excuse for a mob assault. That's not the way justice is served.

Those kids were lucky to escape with their lives. It doesn't always end so well.

Fortunately, in both our respective countries, this kind of violence is frowned upon by most people and there's laws against it.

You defend the uncivilized hoodlum perpetrators as if they really deserved your sympathy.

I condemn them and say they got exactly what they deserved.

We will never agree. Next...

"Don't know how it works where you come from, but this is exactly how it works in the U.S.

more than you can handle."

Are you trying to tell me that the US is populated by responsible people who never drink more than they can handle ? Wow ! Those movies, tv shows, documentaries, newspapers, magazines and first hand reports have been lying to me all this time.

"Don't know how it works where you come from, but this is exactly how it works in the U.S.

more than you can handle."

Are you trying to tell me that the US is populated by responsible people who never drink more than they can handle ? Wow ! Those movies, tv shows, documentaries, newspapers, magazines and first hand reports have been lying to me all this time.

Maybe you should learn to read.

• Like 1

Well, I do not know much about the details of this story, but do know a bit about the bloodied bloke pictured. I was once dancing with my girlfriend (about 3 years ago) and he walked up and said something into her ear. He then immediately pushed me away very firmly and she hurriedly grabbed me and hugged me. He looked at me and said, "get lost" and I looked back and said, "I think you can tell who she chose".. He then hauled off and punched me right in the jaw while I was hugging and dancing with my girl. I've never been in a fight before and didn't return the punch but I was a bit pissed off and considering it.. I have seen him quite drunk on many occasion and quite belligerent to several ladies since.. If he was the one hit with the ashtray, he doesn't get much sympathy from me. Oddly enough, I saw him last night, I always stay clear of him though I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me. w00t.gif

How come there was an ashtray there. Smoking is banned in bars.

I have never heard that smoking was banned in bars before, is it really? I have lived in Patong for 3 years and have yet to see a bar where smoking was discouraged.