BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

Kick them out go back to Aussie, hopefully into the Outback..... says me an Australian

• Like 2

Interesting story. Made so by the fact that the "mob" was not clearly defined.... Would be curious to know if it was other farang patrons at the bar, or local Thai guys. Looks like they would have pissed off both groups, with the ashtray attack on the American and slapping the bar girl. Impressive to break the guy's leg in a street fight, must have used some furniture on him. And after seeing the photos, it seems to once again solidify the link between excessive tattoos and mindless drunken violence. Regarding their injuries, som nam na !!!!!!!!!

They where warned by Thais & farang alike - they didnt heed the warning!

Tattoos have got nothing to do with it! NO more than singlets or board shorts do!

i have tattoos,i don't get drunk,i have respect for Thai culture and there people,I am Australian and proud of it,lets hope these 2 Aussies learnt a valuable lesson here.

drunks never learn lessions, they just heal and than get whipped the next time they act up!

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

really? I am surprised at that, haven't seen to many aussies being fools, but that dosn't mean that it does not happen. most of the sussies that I have seen have been happy drunks,

They got what they deserve. must broke their head so they will not damage nor disturb anyone & anything else. such people must not stay out of a geole.

Another couple of <deleted> giving us all a bad name, someone should invent an idiot detector to stop these fools leaving Oz

I'm quite sure the problem is with every nationality, when they left Oz I am sure they were very nice people, the drink affects people in different ways! Hope they realize what they did and realize there life could have been at risk!!

I doubt that

So what we have here is a couple of aussies who objected to the American smoking in a bar in which that is not legal. The ashtray mysteriously leaped off the table hitting the American and a chain reaction occurs.

CSI Harry! He sees how it all went down, so perceptive! Seriously, what is the point of such conjecture?

Australians!

A long story... they could have just written "Two Aussies in Phuket....." and we would've guessed the rest

• Like 1

The Thai press (it's on the front page of one of the big dailies) says they were refused entrance to Hollywood and started abusing the guard, almost causing a fight, then went directly opposite to the Kangaroo Bar, split open the American's eyebrow with an ashtray, slapped a bar-girl, started hitting other customers with a chair and even started assaulting other people on the soi.

Eventually, other tourists (of no specified nationality) had had enough, surrounded these two knuckle-draggers and gave them the kicking they so richly deserved. I hope they weren't too drunk to remember the lesson they were given. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, low-lifes.

Can you provide a link to the Thai page?

wouldnt be surprised if there were a few aussies giving these idiots a lesson amongst the mob. Its is always a few giving the rest of us a bad name, happens everywhere, getting drunk is no excuse, they need to be tossed out of Thailand along with all the other idiots that think they can come here and do as they please.

• Like 1

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

really? I am surprised at that, haven't seen to many aussies being fools, but that dosn't mean that it does not happen. most of the sussies that I have seen have been happy drunks,

I'm equally sure that Australians and other nationalities could level the same accusation against your countrymen. There are scumbags in every country it's just unfortunate that they are able to travel nowadays.

It's sad to see two you men Australian or not behaving this way with no respect for the people around them. Even more unfortunate is that it apperas to be Australians that are in the headlines for this over other nationalities. Being Australian myself it very disappointing every tome I read these aritcles.