Phuket Mob Violently Bounces Aussies From Kangaroo Bar

webfact

these people are scum, its a wonder they even let them out. i say close the borders and lock away the keys. it was good enough in the old to transport them for life, not i say lets do it again.

either close the borders or bring back the death penalty for public drukedness

I'm probably not the first to point this out - Australians were never transported - it was the British.

Agreed..uneducated people making outlandish generalisations? Close what borders...How about we kill all stupid people at birth, the world would be a better place then, wouldn't it.

not good idea to kill them at birth, we would be deprived of their amusing contrubutions here in TVF as they grow older. whistling.gif

Edited by attento
  • Like 1

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story. Made so by the fact that the "mob" was not clearly defined.... Would be curious to know if it was other farang patrons at the bar, or local Thai guys. Looks like they would have pissed off both groups, with the ashtray attack on the American and slapping the bar girl. Impressive to break the guy's leg in a street fight, must have used some furniture on him. And after seeing the photos, it seems to once again solidify the link between excessive tattoos and mindless drunken violence. Regarding their injuries, som nam na !!!!!!!!!

They where warned by Thais & farang alike - they didnt heed the warning!

Tattoos have got nothing to do with it! NO more than singlets or board shorts do!

Well personally I am more likely to associate heavy tattoos with tramp/ rough types than I am with jehova's witnesses. But there I go profiling again.

I'll buy you a beer!

• Like 2

Yet another incident where the culprits should be on the first plane home. Thai law is intransigent on other issues, how about supporting the Tourist industry and drawing the line. When Thailand earns a reputation, not as a magnet for drunks and thugs, but as a resort of choice for the civilised tourist, then the Tourist industry will have much to promote.

Amazing.....I read daily about the thugs in Taxis and tuk-tuks in Phuket and you talk about civilised tourists..or civilised anything? good luck!!

Recently there was an article here about some British thug who got beaten up in Pattaya....similar circumstances...abusing bar girls...pool balls thrown as I recall. All the bleeding hearts came out and said how the Thais fight like a pack of soi dogs etc etc. Jesus!!!

Cannot believe that these two drunken drongos have kept so many people entertained for so long. More than 180 comments so far.

and all because they went out for a few quiet drinks!!!!!

I actually like Aussies in an English / Aussie love-hate sort of way and as long as we retain the Ashes who cares.

PS

They call us POMs, when in fact it was their descendants who were Prisoners Of His Majesty's Government (POMS) . That is, they're all criminals anyway biggrin.png

Edited by chutai
  • Like 1

Show me the rates you quote...bullsh!t

Some of the most ridiculous, boorish and aggressive behavior I've ever seen in Thailand has all been Australians. I don't know what's going on "down under" but it seems to be a nation pre-disposed to produce scumbags.

I'll tell you what's going on downunder jake. Cheap travel is what it is. if you book a few months ahead, in the low season (low season for low lifes....makes sense!!) you can do Melbourne/Sydney to Bangkok/ Phuket return, for well under $500.00. These yobbos couldn't afford any more, so places like Phuket are stuck with them. They copped what they deserved, and all the understand, a good thrashing. The guy with the broken leg must have been on the end of a kick boxer's wrath??

It's probably closer to $600 return. But it's true Jetstar and Airasia often have sales that allow return airfares for $600.

I've seen some advertised pretty cheap...but then add the taxes and the price goes up big time.

Nope. :) I regularly travel back on these fares. Normal cost is usually around the $700-800 mark return (standard fare with baggage etc). Air asia's sale fares are all inclusive, except baggage, same as Jetstar fares. Trust me, it is really that cheap.

I hate Jetstar and travel Airasia. Better planes, better staff ( ;) ) and better and cheaper food. The stop in KL is a bit annoying though.

I actually like Aussies in an English / Aussie love-hate sort of way and as long as we retain the Ashes who cares.

PS

They call us POMs, when in fact it was their descendants who were Prisoners Of His Majesty's Government (POMS) . That is, they're all criminals anyway biggrin.png

We call you a lot of things...pommies being the nicest thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Cannot believe that these two drunken drongos have kept so many people entertained for so long. More than 180 comments so far.

and all because they went out for a few quiet drinks!!!!!

Imagine the hoo-ha if they had gone out and really played up !

• Like 1

I watched the latter half of the incident, these guys are lucky to be alive. The guy with the eye injury was pinned down with arms behind his back while about 6 of the street touts kicked and stamped his face and head. The guy with the broken leg ran down towards the beach end of the road, with about 15 locals chasing him. I am sure he got similar treatment. The cops couldn't even stop the mob, they just kept kicking and kicking. It was quite sick to watch, and I had to go home after it .... I did not see the incidents leading up to the beating, just the beating itself.

Great, so finally we have the truth.

These guys were beaten to a pulp by local Thais (who hate Farang) out for some blood. The story was just a cover up for nasty local Thais out for a "fight". These 2 drunken Aussies provided them with an excuse to entertain themselves. The same happens in Pattaya. A couple of drunken guys become abusive and all the Thai bouncers go out and start bashing them.

I'll bet these Aussie guys did not pick up an ashtray or furniture to bash people.

You're reading this all wrong. The Thais saw the man running towards the beach and were fearful that he might jump into the sea and drown like the bloke in Pattaya. In an obvious attempt to save the blokes life they broke his leg in order to stop him.

• Like 1

Sounds like someone is hurt because a negative comment was made about Australia.. To reply to your misconceptions. No actually I moved to a country where the people have respect for each other people and because my partner of 2 years is Thai and wanted to be here. So it does make sense. No self esteem problem here and it's not because 2 drunk people got into a fight. Of course this happens everywhere, but it seems when it does happen here there is always some f*#kwit aussie involved. I don't see the bad in everything just in Australia because of the people. The only reason I went back there at Christmas was to sell my house and visit my sick mother, if it wasn't for that I would never go back. The country is miserable, I have travelled all over the world and people don't really like Aussies and the ones that have been to visit don't particularly want to go back, sorry that my comment hurt your feelings.

Wow, if you're so embarassed by being an Australian, here's an idea for the next time you're passing South Sathorn Road. Walk into the Embassy and sign a statutory declaration renouncing your Australian citizenship and subsequently hand in your Australian passport at the same time (as will be required) - see how far you get without it.

Plenty of visitors and previous residents would love to go back to Australia, I know several, I'm married to one who wishes to one day return permantently - not withstanding a trip back to Adelaide (which for

chuthai if he/she is still playing along was not founded on convict labour and try telling any South Australian this and see how that goes) within the next month - but I'm quite happy to set myself up here in Bangkok for a few years.

We're far from being the most hated tourist in the world - who that title goes to, is anyones guess really - but having travelled myself, I can assure our good friend warltier that Australians (as a collective whole or otherwise) do not hold it.

On a side note, why isn't Virgin Australia copping any of this "anti-airline" rhetoric? They too have transport these pillars of society to the shores of Phuket for a pittance...

• Like 2

Australians!

We're NOT ALL like that,But these Idiots certainly sound like they deserved it ...hopefully this will temper there attitude !

Edited by metisdead
Large font reset to normal.

"You're reading this all wrong. The Thais saw the man running towards the
beach and were fearful that he might jump into the sea and drown like
the bloke in Pattaya. In an obvious attempt to save the blokes life they
broke his leg in order to stop him."......................At last, someone makes some sense

• Like 1

It's probably closer to $600 return. But it's true Jetstar and Airasia often have sales that allow return airfares for $600.

Sydney to Bangkok/ Phuket return, for well under $500.00. These yobbos couldn't afford any more, so places like Phuket are stuck with them. They copped what they deserved, and all the understand, a good thrashing. The guy with the broken leg must have been on the end of a kick boxer's wrath??

I've seen some advertised pretty cheap...but then add the taxes and the price goes up big time.

Nope. smile.png I regularly travel back on these fares. Normal cost is usually around the $700-800 mark return (standard fare with baggage etc). Air asia's sale fares are all inclusive, except baggage, same as Jetstar fares. Trust me, it is really that cheap.

I hate Jetstar and travel Airasia. Better planes, better staff ( wink.png ) and better and cheaper food. The stop in KL is a bit annoying though.

I have mucked around with Jetstar etc but find Thai the easiest, no stopover in Singapore just get on the plane and get off in Bangkok.. get on a plane in brissy at 2 oclock and get to Bangkok at 8:30 or so. bit more expensive , usually around 1100 bucks. coming back - leave at midnight and sleep most of the way. I've seen the airfares at $850 or so but they never seem to be available.

Sydney to Bangkok/ Phuket return, for well under $500.00. These yobbos couldn't afford any more, so places like Phuket are stuck with them. They copped what they deserved, and all the understand, a good thrashing. The guy with the broken leg must have been on the end of a kick boxer's wrath??

Nope. smile.png I regularly travel back on these fares. Normal cost is usually around the $700-800 mark return (standard fare with baggage etc). Air asia's sale fares are all inclusive, except baggage, same as Jetstar fares. Trust me, it is really that cheap.

I hate Jetstar and travel Airasia. Better planes, better staff ( wink.png ) and better and cheaper food. The stop in KL is a bit annoying though.

I have mucked around with Jetstar etc but find Thai the easiest, no stopover in Singapore just get on the plane and get off in Bangkok.. get on a plane in brissy at 2 oclock and get to Bangkok at 8:30 or so. bit more expensive , usually around 1100 bucks. coming back - leave at midnight and sleep most of the way. I've seen the airfares at $850 or so but they never seem to be available.

Jetstar seemed to be real low cost, the staff, probably more so the passengers (funnily enough), I just never liked flying with them. Air asia feels more a mid class airline...staff are great, passengers are a mix (not just all the cheap tourists). I don't mind Thai, but when a return ticket is nearly double air asia, I can't justify it. Air asia fly direct to GC via KL too. So work a look if you want to save a few $$. Only the KL stopover is annoying as the KL airport (that Air asia has) is woeful.

In my three years working at the Australian embassy from 96-98 I visited Patong regularly to assist Australian warships visiting Ao Makham and anchoring off Patong. During that period I am ashamed to say I saw some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from Australian servicemen! I visited Patong again as a civilian last year and I was absolutely disgusted at the appearance and behaviour of young Australian "Bogans" there for a week of alcohol abuse and depravity.

It seems Australian tourists are quickly developing a reputation for being the most aggressive and rude nationality across the world. One of the reasons I chose to leave Australia and live in Thailand was the seemingly rampant disregard to the rule of law by the young people of Australia.

Disgusting behaviour by two Australian men who clearly do not know when they have had enough to drink. They must have been truly wasted for the bouncers at Hollywood to refuse them entry judging by the state of some of the people I have seen admitted over the years!

Makes one ashamed to be Australian!

You shouldn't be ashamed because of a few, these two thugs should be deported!!

Why should they be deported. They have as much right to come here and get drunk, abuse people, slap women around as does a tourist looking at a famous monument or visiting an historical park. It is fully accepted in certain parts of Thailand, Phuket, Pattaya and others...so don't judge them for what is widely allowed to happen or encouraged. Some people just need to act out there aggression and this seems to a logical area to do it.

They come act like fools, they think that it's ok to disrespect people and act like they are better than the local people. This happens in this country too often with both Brits and Aussies. They should take away there visa exempt status to visit the country. Make them get tourist visas to come here.

Just got this for you from the FCO

Over 800,000 British nationals visit Thailand every year. - Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK

Exactly how many incidents involve Brits each year? Where are you from? Sanctimoniton?

One more reasons to stay away from Patong, way to many Aussies, they should all go back to Bali and stay there coffee1.gif

Maybe the Thai's (ie the locals here), say the same about you?? whistling.gif

I don't know about Patong but for sure the locals in Pattaya seem to be more than thankful for my repeat business. Unlike the Aussies I behave like an educated and respectful person and thus never had an arguments with the local Thais wai.gif

PS

The other legend is the they were Prisoner Of Mother England...Poms as well. Don't think we will ever know for sure. Either way they turned out to be better than where they came from!!! think cricket (overall), swimming, rugby (on average) and pretty well anything else. our former prime minister still holds the record for the fastest yard glass (or pint, whatever) sunk at oxford, and I believe one of our cricketers also hold the record for the most cans of beers drunk (45 or 46 ) on a Sydney to London flight. I thank you for bringing us in to being the great nation we are. Buuurpthumbsup.gif

One more reasons to stay away from Patong, way to many Aussies, they should all go back to Bali and stay there coffee1.gif

I don't know about Patong but for sure the locals in Pattaya seem to be more than thankful for my repeat business. Unlike the Aussies I behave like an educated and respectful person and thus never had an arguments with the local Thais wai.gif

What's your point? I'm Aussie, every Thai I met loves me, including the security at my condo, restaraunts etc (and not for me spending money). How about unlike these Aussies, some Aussies, some idiots who act like this drunk (regardless of nationality)..would be a more accurate statement.

I could say...you live in Pattaya...says a bit about you...but hey we shouldn't make generalisations should we? Because they aren't always fact.

In my three years working at the Australian embassy from 96-98 I visited Patong regularly to assist Australian warships visiting Ao Makham and anchoring off Patong. During that period I am ashamed to say I saw some of the worst behaviour I have ever seen from Australian servicemen! I visited Patong again as a civilian last year and I was absolutely disgusted at the appearance and behaviour of young Australian "Bogans" there for a week of alcohol abuse and depravity.

It seems Australian tourists are quickly developing a reputation for being the most aggressive and rude nationality across the world. One of the reasons I chose to leave Australia and live in Thailand was the seemingly rampant disregard to the rule of law by the young people of Australia.

Disgusting behaviour by two Australian men who clearly do not know when they have had enough to drink. They must have been truly wasted for the bouncers at Hollywood to refuse them entry judging by the state of some of the people I have seen admitted over the years!

Makes one ashamed to be Australian!

You shouldn't be ashamed because of a few, these two thugs should be deported!!

Why should they be deported. They have as much right to come here and get drunk, abuse people, slap women around as does a tourist looking at a famous monument or visiting an historical park. It is fully accepted in certain parts of Thailand, Phuket, Pattaya and others...so don't judge them for what is widely allowed to happen or encouraged. Some people just need to act out there aggression and this seems to a logical area to do it.

Are you talking about the Aussies or the Thais getting drunk, abusing (shooting) people and bashing women? need some clarity here.

What's your point? I'm Aussie, every Thai I met loves me, including the security at my condo, restaraunts etc (and not for me spending money). How about unlike these Aussies, some Aussies, some idiots who act like this drunk (regardless of nationality)..would be a more accurate statement.

I could say...you live in Pattaya...says a bit about you...but hey we shouldn't make generalisations should we? Because they aren't always fact.

Sorry I should have replaced Aussies with Bogans, I got carried away with my generalisation. Sadly Austrialia seems to have a lot of trash young uneducated rude people coming on holiday to Thailand and mostly in Patong

Sorry I should have replaced Aussies with Bogans, I got carried away with my generalisation. Sadly Austrialia seems to have a lot of trash young uneducated rude people coming on holiday to Thailand and mostly in Patong

That I can agree with. I try to avoid them back home as well and why I selectively choose decent friends. The problem is the 'other' Aussies, ie decent people, go unnoticed among the trash of Bogans that strive for this type of attention.

From the photo, it's easy to see these are exactly those types of people.