Krabi: Nine Dead In Phuket Wedding Guest Truck Crash

webfact

Nine dead in Phuket wedding guest truck crash
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Nine died and seven were injured after two pickup trucks – one carrying wedding guests returning to Trang from Phuket and one ferrying road construction workers – collided in Krabi last night.

Police were called to the scene, at the dangerous curve known as harm tai, or “forbidden to die” in the Sai Khao district of Krabi at 8pm, and found two wrecked pickups, a Toyota and an Isuzu.

Six passengers were dead at the scene and 10 were injured. The injured were taken to area hospital, where three more later succumbed to their injuries.

“The construction workers were headed back to their camp in Klong Thom District and the wedding guests were coming from Phuket, headed to Trang,” said Lt Wirat Madosod of the Sai Khao Police.

“It appears that the driver of the construction-workers’ truck lost control in the rain and slammed into the wedding-guests’ truck on the curve,” he said.

Police have only identified three of the nine who died in the crash: Haroon Komkum, 22, from Narathiwat; Gudee Dudobe, 20, from Narathiwat; and Wandee Jeemung, 61, from Trang.

Police believe road conditions were the cause of the accident. However, they are continuing their investigation.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Nine-dead-in-Phuket-wedding-guest-truck-crash-21152.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-05-25

" It appears that the driver of the construction-workers’ truck lost control in the rain and slammed into the wedding-guests’ truck on the curve,” he said.

Police believe road conditions were the cause of the accident. However, they are continuing their investigation.

Hmm which one is it then Sherlock? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

its a known black spot , why don't the authorities narrow the lanes before the bend to slow vehicles down ? sumnum na !, life is so cheap here . RIP.

• Like 1

" It appears that the driver of the construction-workers’ truck lost control in the rain and slammed into the wedding-guests’ truck on the curve,” he said.

Hmm which one is it then Sherlock? coffee1.gif

Surprised they didn't just say "bad luck" caused the accident, really no idea why TV keeps posting this daily "accident" stuff, just say thousands die every year due to stupidity and be done with it.

• Like 2

It just never ends.....xxxxxxx mad drivers everywhere !!!

I'm in Cha Am.....the bypass to Hua Hin is just plain deadly in the slightest rain.....cars, buses, vans....all doing 140+....

I guess it's the invincible Thai drivers....they're protected....madness!!

Edited by metisdead

No one really knows what happened. RIP to those that died and prayers for their families. Deadly motor vehicle accidents happen everywhere, everyday. But yes, riding in the back of a pickup and riding a motorcy without a helmet increase the risk of serious injury or death a hundredfold.

What a sad end to the festivities...

But these kind of accidents with many deaths always happen when people are transported back of pickups.

R:I:P:

Unfortunately, this wil happen over and over and over and over and over..........

Government/Police cares ? Forget it... a human life is worth.... NOTHING in Thailand coffee1.gif

Very sad AGAIN for all those victims !

Typical thai driving was the reason for this disaster, not the road conditions. Any normal driver adjust his speed to accomodate the conditions. I have lived in USA and UK for longer than I have lived in Thailand, but I do not know of one friend or even acquaintance that has been killed in those countries. Here I have lost count ! Darwin,s theory in action, but it is tragic when an expat driving sensibly gets mowed down by these non-thinking maniacs.

• Like 1

They certainly learn nothing that's for sure, they drive to close behind me I tug on the hand brake, no brake lights show and then they have to slam on their brakes, I can repeat this with the same driver behind over and over and over.

All 3 lanes full where the heck can they get too once they have passed............NOWHERE.

Motto is they learn nothing.

Rest in Peace. Death on a happy day in Thailand, happens so often.

I too was injured riding in the back of a songathawe. Why? ndrehe driver drove at speed rous a sharp left hand turn, There was a line of vehicles headed toward us. The driver had to drive us through a brick wall to miss the oncomming traffic. Pick-up trucks are not suitable for taxi work.

very sad indeed.RIP I sometimes drive from phuket to Nakhon , im scared everytime , everybody drive like crazy rain or not , passing others cars in curve with no visibility and 7 kids in the back of the truck etc etc. My last cab from airport was driving like a total maniac , with his little daughter in front , no seatbelt and jumping everywhere. Thai governement should really do something

what a waste AGAIN,,sadly they wont ever learn,sleeping policemen at blackspots may help,,but i doubt it,,

Don't ever mention sleeping policemen. Imagine an ambulance in an emergency rush to hospital. then coming across sleeping policemen, slow, slow, bump. bump.