Married Foreign Husbands Wife Living With Thai Husband

manxninja

It's very widespread, not only with foreigners here part-time.

The wife of full time foreigners can have a Thai husband tucked away, she visits when, funeral, go to see relatives, little holiday with her sister, etc.

>If you're an honest guy, please let the gentlemen know what their wives are doing when abroad.Guess you'd be more than happy, when somebody would "open your eyes."

It's pretty much common here. I'd guess 80% of Thai women are doing the same shit.And you won't loose face telling it through let's say your wife.-wai2.gif

Two sides to every story. My wife visits her home village often and likes to help at local temples, meaning she does spend nights away from home.

So, when I read this conversation I spoke to her about it and her response was that any 'doubting thomas' should confront any such woman in person. YES, tell the foreign husband - or even better take a photo of the loving couple and drop it in the mail.

AND, yes, I have seen this, but Thais do it to Thais as often as with foreigners. The Mia Noi of a wealthy Thai often has a boyfriend on the side.

When she spends the night away, you never question or confront.

You just turn up once or twice where she is supposed to be staying, late at night.

"Surprise darling, I missed you so much, I just had to come".

How easy is that, how daft would you be not to do it (randomly and without warning).

• Like 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an age defined rule here to help us calculate the probability of unfaithfulness in Thailand , I would like to ask the posters ? Like , take half your age , then times it by the number of things you couldn't legally own in Thailand but you have paid for , then add on to that the hours your partner/wife/gf spends at the market without you in a day( or dancing the night away ) and then minus your wifes age .

Oh <deleted> I got -12 .

edit - It would be 466 .

edit - I mean 14 .

edit - Yes , and I think that's pretty good .

Edited by onionluke
  • Like 1

Is there an age defined rule here to help us calculate the probability of unfaithfulness in Thailand , I would like to ask the posters ? Like , take half your age , then times it by the number of things you couldn't legally own in Thailand but you have paid for , then add on to that the hours your partner/wife/gf spends at the market without you in a day( or dancing the night away ) and then minus your wifes age .

Oh <deleted> I got -12 .

I think the rule is, if you give them the opportunity, they will most likely take it.

Applies to men and women, after all, Thailand is the country (dare I say hub) of fooling around.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

The wife of full time foreigners can have a Thai husband tucked away, she visits when, funeral, go to see relatives, little holiday with her sister, etc.

>If you're an honest guy, please let the gentlemen know what their wives are doing when abroad.Guess you'd be more than happy, when somebody would "open your eyes."

It's pretty much common here. I'd guess 80% of Thai women are doing the same shit.And you won't loose face telling it through let's say your wife.-wai2.gif

Two sides to every story. My wife visits her home village often and likes to help at local temples, meaning she does spend nights away from home.

So, when I read this conversation I spoke to her about it and her response was that any 'doubting thomas' should confront any such woman in person. YES, tell the foreign husband - or even better take a photo of the loving couple and drop it in the mail.

AND, yes, I have seen this, but Thais do it to Thais as often as with foreigners. The Mia Noi of a wealthy Thai often has a boyfriend on the side.

When she spends the night away, you never question or confront.

You just turn up once or twice where she is supposed to be staying, late at night.

"Surprise darling, I missed you so much, I just had to come".

How easy is that, how daft would you be not to do it (randomly and without warning).

Wow, that is some twisted advice! But I suppose if you have been burned numerous times it would be hard to trust anyone.

If you had an argument with your wifes parents and she took your side, yes it does say alot about her. Quite bizarre behaviour to anyone that know thai culture well.

Im glad for the people its worked out for, not jealous.

But you sound like your having a right miserable time in the house you will never own, surrounded by thais that dont like or respect you.

Chok dee bola you will need it.

The Isaan national sport of Gambling can also f**** up marriages too. Some guys "man up" and sack the lady, others send em "out of the village" to work. That is impossible to manage from another country let alone from the same one.

• Like 2

Bola the man who built a house for his thai wife in the middle of no-where and financially supports the thai familly mocking other people.

Classic a true example of how not to do it.

I bet he met her in bangkok and she was a tourist guide. The delusional ones have lost the lot in my experience.

I think your just jealous of the guys that are living here and are quite happy....The facts are I have a falling out with the In-laws and the wife took my side and didn't speak to here family for 3 years,and they live next door......when a lady does that for you ,you know you have found the right one.

BTW..I could give a dame about your sick jibes about my wife.........they say more about you than they do about me biggrin.png

JEALOUS of a man that married a BG from Pattaya, then built a house in her name, NEXT DOOR to the in-laws, Wow have I got this correct ?

Just to let you know ( not that I have to )............... I didn't meet my wife in Pattaya ( the Soi Post Office was a joke BTW biggrin.png ) ,when I built our house there was 75 baht to the £ ( so not big investment really ) and I don't mix with the Thai family and don't support them in any shape or form.So in fact, living where I do makes not difference to me.....I have some good friends that live locally and I have a few hobbies to keep me busy.I know living in the sticks is not every-bodies cup of tea but it suits me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by boloa

@khh

No moral rules on monogamy in Thailand which is part of the problem foreigners have living here.

which moral rules do you subscribe to?

deceiving your spouse about your sex life? immoral by my standards.

making tons of money at an innocent person's expense? immoral by my standards.

consenting adults having fun without hurting anyone? moral by my standards.

oh wait, they're hurting others by making them jealous because they're having more fun... well unless your spouse objects, you're always welcome to join the party :)

i would choose an honest open relationship over a dishonest closed relationship any day.

more specifically to the topic, any spouse who plans to be away for most of each year should not just expect extramarital sex to occur on both sides, he/she should plan for it with the other spouse in an open, honest way, to minimize risks of std's, unwanted pregnancies, nasty gossip, legal problems and any other negative things that could come up.

• Like 2

Wise words

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Edited by shaggy1969

I don't know anybody, don't have any friends,......

blink.png a monk in a monastery, has more social contacts! rolleyes.gif

So my life in Thailand is being compared to a monk-in-a-monastery? Great -- the girls'll get a kick out of that one.

It's never my husband, it's my uncle, or my cousin, maybe neighbor, never husband.

Firstly how is someone properly married and then only see their wife two or three times a year? I have a niece who behaves herself but I wonder why. She has a French partner who only comes to Thailand once a year.

My wife lives with me in Papua New Guinea because that's where my business is and a wife's place is with her husband. She wouldn't dream of leaving me here by myself and I have no desire to be on my own. That's what I call a regular marriage. We have a house at home and spend two or three months a year in Thailand. As time goes by this will increase but she'll always be with me. We love each other and want to be together.

I personally doubt the 80 to 90% stat. But the fact is that having a "wife" who you see a few times a year is bizarre. More bizarre than the fact that she then has a partner who is actually with her full time. Yeah, she's poor and they take the money and once or twice a year it's a bit silly. But who's the fool?

It's all about the money, getting rich without working for it, and they are getting rich with stupid falangs.

• Like 1

Firstly how is someone properly married and then only see their wife two or three times a year? I have a niece who behaves herself but I wonder why. She has a French partner who only comes to Thailand once a year.

My wife lives with me in Papua New Guinea because that's where my business is and a wife's place is with her husband. She wouldn't dream of leaving me here by myself and I have no desire to be on my own. That's what I call a regular marriage. We have a house at home and spend two or three months a year in Thailand. As time goes by this will increase but she'll always be with me. We love each other and want to be together.

I personally doubt the 80 to 90% stat. But the fact is that having a "wife" who you see a few times a year is bizarre. More bizarre than the fact that she then has a partner who is actually with her full time. Yeah, she's poor and they take the money and once or twice a year it's a bit silly. But who's the fool?

It's all about the money, getting rich without working for it, and they are getting rich with stupid falangs.

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other...

I just watched the first of Lobber's posted videos. Sad, seems to be a nice guy.Such a pity that he built everything needed for a good rural life, but didn't live it. Honestly, I think the fault is his, he simply had not considered that his wife expected him to become a farmer. She told him she couldn't eat love and that he could live in the house as long as he wanted. Why didn't he get the message?

In his words, she was up at six and working until 2am. He was swinging in a hammock, watching DVDs and complaining he didn't have the internet.

Edited by IsaanAussie

I just watched the first of Lobber's posted videos. Sad, seems to be a nice guy.Such a pity that he built everything needed for a good rural life, but didn't live it. Honestly, I think the fault is his, he simply had not considered that his wife expected him to become a farmer. She told him she couldn't eat love and that he could live in the house as long as he wanted. Why didn't he get the message?

In his words, she was up at six and working until 2am. He was swinging in a hammock, watching DVDs and complaining he didn't have the internet.

It's a song "rak gin, mai dai"

http://youtu.be/6u84qIO_t7o

If you're an honest guy, please let the gentlemen know what their wives are doing when abroad.Guess you'd be more than happy, when somebody would "open your eyes."

I understand the feelings of wanting to do the right thing, having a courage that's sort of the opposite of sticking one's head in the sand.

However, I live by a code that recognizes each person has having unique struggles with the right to live their life without interference (i.e., a lesson learned from ST's Prime Directive).

Truth is, you can never know the inner workings of someone else's relationship. I do believe that many, if not most, Thai wives married to farang have secret Thai husbands or lovers, & those who don't, discreetly (or up front) funnel money towards their moms & other family members.

A farang husband has to have some inclination that this is going on, & as such, we really should stay out of it. In some cases, the husband may approve. I know of one case involving a British husband who accepted this scenario as the only way to have & keep the setup he has in Thailand with the Thai wife; you honestly cannot say he is stupid. This is his choice & is based on his personal needs & wants. I know of a few cases whereby the farang actually enjoys the open lifestyle. And in another case, I know a wealthy German who openly acknowledges & shares his wife in a polygamous relationship: she's his when he goes to Thailand, that's his only rule.

Getting involved is a backdoor way of trying to insert your morality into someone else's affairs. At the least, you're going to screw their lives up. And you're going to make enemies at the same time; if you know nothing else about Thailand, know that having a Thai enemy can be detrimental to your health & even life.

Respect Mister Seabagsfull. I believe you have the right attitude as an Expats especially your last paragraph.

Living a quiet, happy Expat life in Thailand is not hard to do as long as you do not make other farangs business, yours because there is always 2 sides to every story and they are seldom both known.

• Like 1

The farangs i've seen come and go generally had no concept of isarn culture,giving their wifes way to much money to wander.

No problem with farangs having comforts they paid for but when they give wifes 60-90k baht a month they ask for trouble.

Soon she has a posey of friends which aren't her friends controling her life till her relationship goes rocky.

The money leaves,the friends leave.Just my observation.

• Like 1

We have a guy in the village whose wife moves her Tom in whenever he is away. He know this and is OK with it. Not sure whether any threesomes involved or not clap2.gif

Having a Tom is hardly being unfaithful, but they're not normally 3-some material!

• Like 1

Well I'm not 100% sure ..........but sirchai said 80% of women ( one guy even put it as high as 90% ) are getting extramarital Thai Sausage ,so why should my wife be any different sad.png .......after all you lot are the experts blink.png

What a shame that the husbands always seems to be the last person to find out. Carry on and stick your head in the sand Boloa along with the thousands of other ostriches that live here.

• Like 1

We have a guy in the village whose wife moves her Tom in whenever he is away. He know this and is OK with it. Not sure whether any threesomes involved or not clap2.gif

Had a guy in our village who croaked it whist in the UK. Day one his wife moved a Tomboy into the house. The guys mother sends the ex daughter in law 40,000 Baht a month to pay for the pick up they had on tick. Why are farangs so f***ing stupid.

• Like 1

^^^^^, a bar girl told me a long time ago, you can buy a xxxxx but you cant buy a heart.

Such insight for one so young, and probably closer to the truth than many will admit.

Edited by metisdead
Vulgarity edited

The Thai can can keep face because unfortunately the joke is on the foreign husband.

End of the day when the poor old foreign husband gets wise to what is happening or bleed dry....the Thai husband gets everything.

Very true.

The Thai man has no face to lose, he lost it years ago.

Even work-shy, lazy sh*tes are rewarded in Thailand!

Topic synopsis: There are a lot of stupid old farangs out there, but no Thai floozy is ever going to get the better of me, no Siree, you betcha.

Got to agree.

If you have nothing in common with a girl half your age, can't speak her language, can't eat her food and don't understand her culture, do you honestly believe for one moment she really loves you? Couple this with where you met her and the fact you sit around, p*ss and moan all day then you are so surprised when she bleeds you dry!?!?

Like the man says, there really are a lot of stupid farangs out there! TOO MANY

• Like 1