• 6 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, have read elsewhere that Aeon now charges 150B per withdrawal.

Some people suggest going inside the bank and withdrawing any amount exceeding the ATM limit at the machine outside. I worry about the fees for doing this and whether the exchange rate might be lower on the inside, though this seems unlikely.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

First, have read elsewhere that Aeon now charges 150B per withdrawal.

Some people suggest going inside the bank and withdrawing any amount exceeding the ATM limit at the machine outside. I worry about the fees for doing this and whether the exchange rate might be lower on the inside, though this seems unlikely.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

There is a thread running with all the current information, read it.

guys for those that know I have a question

I've been told that I can go into a bank branch here with my UK visa debit card and make a withdrawal over the counter e.g. Bangkok Bank

Is there any information on this, what exchange rate is used - is it the same exchange rate as the visa system that is applied during an ATM withdrawal or does the bank apply their own rate, any info appreciated Thx

guys for those that know I have a question

I've been told that I can go into a bank branch here with my UK visa debit card and make a withdrawal over the counter e.g. Bangkok Bank

Is there any information on this, what exchange rate is used - is it the same exchange rate as the visa system that is applied during an ATM withdrawal or does the bank apply their own rate, any info appreciated Thx

You'll get the Visa exchange rate at Bangkok Bank...shouldn't be a Bangkok Bank charge for the counter withdrawal if they do it. But remember if your home country bank issuing your card has a foreign transaction fee your home country bank will apply their fee so don't blame it on Bangkok Bank. Over in another thread on AEON ATMs now charging a Bt150 the use of debit and credit cards to accomplish a counter withdrawal has been discussed. Some successes and some failures.

Click this Link to take you to "one" of those posts in that thread...it links to one of my posts where I had success with a credit card on 15 Feb but as you read in the post I had zero success with a debit card just the day before. Other posts in the thread talk about the success or failure some folks have had in using debit or credit cards for counter withdrawals/cash advances...most of the counter withdrawal posts are in the later half of replies since there are over 400 replies in the thread so far talking about AEON ATMs now charging the fee and the thread then kinda mutated into talking debit/credit card counter withdrawals and wire transfers.