Feel Good Here In Chiang Rai...

little_muppet

I just met a very rude taxi driver i ever met in chiang rai yesterday, before i went to Bo's Place lastnight. He tried to double price up for us me and my (almost )bf. i didnt pay him as he asked after that heyell on me and said super rude words to my friend than drove away. I really got pissed lastnight made my bowling time at night not that fun too...I hate when ppl try to take advantage from tourists or non local ppl. i know exactly how much it cost not i am kee niew!! im i wrong to call him" MORON?"

All transportations in Thailand are negociated and agreed upon before the trip. If you did not do this, than he was not the "MORON" :o

• 4 years later...

I haven't been to Thailand for some time now but hope to be back soon this year. Married a girl from the North but after 25 years she decided she had had enough. She became the westerner and I became the oriental. I like Chiang Rai but my connections are slightly south in the Province of Phayao - not too far away. The north of Thailand is so different from the south, and even in the north there are many differences from changwat to changwat - the language in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai/Phayao are different. I feel it is my second home and can't wait to get back and spend some time in the village, also in the village wat, I hope to be ordained as a monk some time in the future. Look after Chiang Rai and the north until I get back home.

I agree. Phayao city is small enough to get around easy, great food, got the lake, college, and so friendly people. My home 10 minutes away in Dok kham tai is the best-small, quiet town and everyone knows everyone. Just country folks.

Looked at the general site for best place to live in Thailand but did not see it.

Quiet night Stu?

Nothing on the telly? :lol:

Telly is evil! I was actually looking for the car hire thread for a friend who is visiting this weekend and came across this. Made interesting reading and just goes to show that the CR forum was just as social 4yrs ago and hasn't just recently evolved.

Go away Naam, I can hear them calling you in Outside the Box.

Stu, I saw that The Tourist Inn Guest House in Jed Yod Street rents a 4WD for 1000B a day when I was in there last week.

Cheers Scea, my mate just arrived on the airasia flight, I'll let him know.