I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

I saw the XA variant of this phone in Mae Wang, downstairs in Kad Suan Kaew in Chiang Mai this afternoon. As soon as the non A model arrived I will buy one. The price is the standard 9,490 Baht with 16GB card and 3GX micro SIM card, there's also a silicone case/cover included. I forgot to check whether it has a compass.

I thought to open a new thread so owners could answer question about this particular model.

--damole

Edited by damole

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought one from the Mobile Expo last Thursday. So far I've been very pleased with it, and yes it does have a compass.

I've been using an HTC Rhyme, Which I'd been happy enough with, but the IQ X is much faster, the picture quality is better.....and basically it does what it says in the reviews.

One plus is that fact that you can access the internet from both it's sim cards.

One problem though, like a lot of mobiles now, is it doesn't have a detachable battery so you can't carry a spare to change when the battery goes flat.

Also my HTC has quick launch icons for phone, messages, emails and camera on the locked page but they're not on the IQ X and I miss them, although it does have quick launch icons for missed calls and messages so it's a start.

Also, on the HTC in the drop down page, there's a quick launch available to turn on/off WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, airplane mode and WiFi hotspot (tethering). There is a widget on the IQ X to cover most but it doesn't include a WiFi hotspot on/off icon (which I use fairly often) so I have to go though the settings to turn it off and on.

These are just minor differences I'll get used to and for the money I think the IQ X is very good value.

A friend of mine has got a Galaxy Grand and has just broken the screen, although the phone still works. A Samsung shop have said a new screen will cost around 5000 baht but after looking at my phone today he's going for an imobile phone as a replacement. At the moment he can't decide whether to get the IQ X or the IQ5.1 with it's bigger screen.

@sumrit,

you said no quick launch icons of camera, emails and so on.

On android JB you can set them as you want them, I did that on my iq4 and I also have the full drop down page on mine.

Oh, no hot spot, I just checked.

Yes amazing value on the iq smart phones, I doubt I will ever again spend +20K baht on a phone when you can get one below 10K bath

that is maybe say 75% as good as the top smart phones from the known manufactures.

• Like 2

wifi hotspot just download a widget from PLAY store

I think you misunderstand, I've got wifi hotspot on the phone but on my HTC there was a quick launch option from the drop down screen (the one you can drag down from the bar at top of the screen that contains things like app updates, new emails, new messages, etc, etc) so I could turn the wifi hotspot on/off very quickly. With the IQ X that option isn't available so I have to go through settings, wireless, tethering, etc every time I want to turn it on and off. I was used to the easy access but now it's a bit more long winded, that's all.

@sumrit,

you said no quick launch icons of camera, emails and so on.

On android JB you can set them as you want them, I did that on my iq4 and I also have the full drop down page on mine.

Oh, no hot spot, I just checked.

Yes amazing value on the iq smart phones, I doubt I will ever again spend +20K baht on a phone when you can get one below 10K bath

that is maybe say 75% as good as the top smart phones from the known manufactures.

I agree, I doubt I'll spend 20k+ baht on a phone again either.

On the point about the quick launch icons on the locked page, I thought there must be a way of adding them but I've been through the settings but can't find anything, Can you point an old thicko in the right direction please.

• Like 1

Thanks, but it's already configured and working properly as it should be. I'm not trying to get it to work I'm simply saying that, without the quick launch option, on this phone I have to go through several 'settings pages' every time I want to turn it on and off.

If I explain why I mentioned it, it might help. When we go back to the village tethering from my phone is the only option for getting the internet on my laptop. When tethering for any length of time phones tend to run hot and the battery runs down quickly (unless plugged in to it's charger). For this reason I only turn tethering on while I'm actually using the internet, so I could easily turn the wifi hotspot on and off ten times a day or more. With the quick launch icon it was easy but now, as I said, I have to go though several settings pages each time to do the same job.

On the point about the quick launch icons on the locked page, I thought there must be a way of adding them but I've been through the settings but can't find anything, Can you point an old thicko in the right direction please.

If you open your aps page(s) then you press and hold the app icon you want to move to the opening page(s) and then drag the app icon and the phone should change to front pages again and then you just place your icon on your preferred front page.

Thanks, but it's already configured and working properly as it should be. I'm not trying to get it to work I'm simply saying that, without the quick launch option, on this phone I have to go through several 'settings pages' every time I want to turn it on and off.

If I explain why I mentioned it, it might help. When we go back to the village tethering from my phone is the only option for getting the internet on my laptop. When tethering for any length of time phones tend to run hot and the battery runs down quickly (unless plugged in to it's charger). For this reason I only turn tethering on while I'm actually using the internet, so I could easily turn the wifi hotspot on and off ten times a day or more. With the quick launch icon it was easy but now, as I said, I have to go though several settings pages each time to do the same job. 

For some reason you really are not understanding what I'm showing you.

It is a quick launch icon that saves you going into the menu pages. Just press the widget icon and BINGO your hotspot turns on. Press the icon again and BINGO it turns off. The only difference is this icon is NOT in the pull down menu but on the home screen.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

If you open your aps page(s) then you press and hold the app icon you want to move to the opening page(s) and then drag the app icon and the phone should change to front pages again and then you just place your icon on your preferred front page.

Sorry, I don't think I making myself very clear. I know how to put an app onto one of the home (front) pages, it's adding an icon to the first 'locked' page I want to do.

When you want to use the phone you first press a button to light up the screen, yes? The first page you're presented with is a locked screen with an unlock icon/slider/ring you have to move to unlock the phone. It's that locked screen I want to add quick launch icons to.

On my HTC, as well as the unlock slider, I could add (up to) four icons (I had phone, email, messages and camera) to that locked page. So,if for example, I want to use the camera I would just drag the camera icon into the unlock ring and the phone would unlock straight into the camera mode. Likewise I can go straight to phone or to write a message plus any missed calls, new messages and emails would also be highlighted on those locked page icons so I could go straight to them in the same way if I wanted to.

For some reason you really are not understanding what I'm showing you.

It is a quick launch icon that saves you going into the menu pages. Just press the widget icon and BINGO your hotspot turns on. Press the icon again and BINGO it turns off. The only difference is this icon is NOT in the pull down menu but on the home screen.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My apologies, all I can say is it was late last night when I saw your post and clicked on the link and I didn't read it properly.wai2.gif

I installed it straight from your link and it works great, exactly what I needed.

Now can you tell a thicko like me how to put icons on to my locked screenwhistling.gif

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

I have removed the lock screen thing, when I press the top bottom (wake-up, power-off, reset) I am straight on the "front page".

On that page I got my most important/used apps. like camera- flashlight- calculator and so on.

That's the whole idea with the android phones, you can custom them to your own needs.

Anyone know where you can buy this in the Ladprao area of Bangkok? Not in Big C Imperial World last time I looked a couple of days ago.

Thanks.

Tesco lotus sell some. Have a look at the I-mobile website for I-mobile shops

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Anyone know where you can buy this in the Ladprao area of Bangkok? Not in Big C Imperial World last time I looked a couple of days ago.

Thanks.

Many thanks have been on the site http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1273_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD-i-mobile-iq-x# unfortunately for me it is all in Thai and can't see an English button. Not sure where my nearest tesco is, was thinking the mall bangkapi should be a good bet

Thanks.

Many thanks have been on the site http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1273_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD-i-mobile-iq-x# unfortunately for me it is all in Thai and can't see an English button. Not sure where my nearest tesco is, was thinking the mall bangkapi should be a good bet

Either use Google chrome or Google translate to ....... translate :)

• Like 1

Thanks.

Many thanks have been on the site http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1273_โทรศัพท์มือถือ-i-mobile-iq-x# unfortunately for me it is all in Thai and can't see an English button. Not sure where my nearest tesco is, was thinking the mall bangkapi should be a good bet

Either use Google chrome or Google translate to ....... translate :)

Eventually found it by pressing all the options and as normal it was the last one. Looks like a couple of stores are in the Mall bangkapi, so that looks a good bet. Thanks for the help. Was trying the translate function on safari which didn't work also just found out it is the same on chrome, it doesn't translate.

Was trying the translate function on safari which didn't work also just found out it is the same on chrome, it doesn't translate.

In Chrome go into settings - advance settings and there's an option to translate any page that's not in your own language.

It's easy to set up and translates from Thai without a problem. I use it all the time. It'll certainly translate the i-mobile web site smile.png.

I got it! The i-Mobile shop on the 3rd floor of Central Airport Plaza Chiang Mai seems to have a few of both models. Now it's just having it's first full charge and then I'll be able to start testing it.

--damole

I found a small issue with my IQ XA.When u're having a full 100% charge on the battery and u reboot it, battery level will drop to 43%?

I suspect it might be due to software issues as after that,i tried to open up some location-based apps and charge my battery at the same time...voila!The battery charging charges at tremendous rate back to 100% in less den 10 mins!?

Any IQ XA users encountered this?:unsure:

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi

So first impressions are pretty good. It feels comfortable in the hand. The display is excellent and in general it seems pretty responsive.

One thing is that I see no where to increase the number of home screens. I know I can install a different launcher but it would be odd not to be able configure something this basic.

--damole

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Consider a Jiayu G3 instead ! It's much more value for money, has a HD screen, quad-core processor and is very fast, and has guarantee. Can be ordered for example via jiayumobileshop.com

Posted Image

So where are the service centers in Thailand for the Jiayu???

• Like 1

One thing that I am surprised about is that the phone has Flash installed. This means I can watch BBC iPlayer and videos from the BBC website which for me is definitely a bonus for me.

One thing that I am surprised about is that the phone has Flash installed.  This means I can watch BBC iPlayer and videos from the BBC website which for me is definitely a bonus for me.

Most android-abled phones hv are flash-enabled nowadays...:D

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app