I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that I am surprised about is that the phone has Flash installed.  This means I can watch BBC iPlayer and videos from the BBC website which for me is definitely a bonus for me.

Which browser did u use?Chrome or default browser?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am currently trying to root the phone using this method from XDA. Right now I'm having trouble getting the USB drivers installed or if I do, using PDANet, then my device doesn't show in ADB although it does show in device manager.

Anyone know where you can buy this in the Ladprao area of Bangkok? Not in Big C Imperial World last time I looked a couple of days ago.

Thanks.

Tesco lotus sell some. Have a look at the I-mobile website for I-mobile shops

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Many thanks have been on the site http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1273_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD-i-mobile-iq-x# unfortunately for me it is all in Thai and can't see an English button. Not sure where my nearest tesco is, was thinking the mall bangkapi should be a good bet

I got my IQ XA from Fortune Town (505 Shop next to Tesco - but several dealers had the X and XA in stock). Tesco Lotus did not have the IQ X in stock yet.

I recently bought the IQ 5.1 but at the price I could afford to donate the 5.1 and upgrade.

Mobile service centre on 2nd floor of MBK also had the IQ X and they also had a different case at 128 THB

So far I'm impressed with the IQ X - the camera is excellent - and having a decent auto-focus front facing camera is ideal for 'selfies' .... a brilliant feature for a phone sold in Thailand!

• Like 2

I found this link on the i-mobile Facebook page to download the drivers from the Mediatek website. I still couldn't get them to install so used ADBDriverInstaller which worked successfully and then updated the drivers manually with those I downloaded from Mediatek. My device is now correctly shown in Windows device manager but running, 'adb devices', still shows nothing.

--damole

Edited by damole

My IQ XA just powered down by itself while trying to store the pics after taking some pics and could not be turned on back earlier!

I managed to power back by holding power+volume down.

Did anyone experienced this before?

Has it got to do with the write speed of the internal storage/sd card?

Not had any crashes so far - but because the battery cannot be removed it may be hard to force a reset?

My IQ XA just powered down by itself while trying to store the pics after taking some pics and could not be turned on back earlier!

Not had any crashes so far - but because the battery cannot be removed it may be hard to force a reset?

That's why i held onto power+volume down button when h screen is blank till ther are 3 options for me to choose from,Recovery,Normal+custom mode...:blink:

Also my HTC has quick launch icons for phone, messages, emails and camera on the locked page but they're not on the IQ X and I miss them, although it does have quick launch icons for missed calls and messages so it's a start.

Still can't find a way of putting quick launch icons on the locked page, but I've just found out, as well as having the unlock icon to use, you can scroll the locked page round in the same way as you can with your desk top pages.

From the locked screen scroll to the left and it goes straight into camera mode, scroll to the right and you go to another locked page that gives you options of adding more screens to display several different pages, such as messages, email, calendar and different Google pages.

Also thaicbr's suggested app to provide a quick launch icon to turn the wifi hotspot (tethering) on and off works great.

My IQ XA seems to run a little slower than my IQ 5.1 that has the same processor? There's a slight delay sometimes when typing so it runs a letter behind making typing tricky. I guess it could be Android 4.2 v 4.1 in the IQ 5.1 as processor and memory etc are the same spec.

The 5.1 did not slow noticeably even if I had lots of apps running, but the XA slows up in the same way as my old single core Samsung Duo S whenever it's receiving mails.

Any idea what I can do to prevent it running slow? Do I need to disable Facebook, Line, etc to stop them running in the background (but this seems to defeat the purpose of having a quad core phone?).

Yes but Flash was never part of Android it was simply 'included' with various releases, now it's not.

That doesn't mean you can't manually install it (or that manufacturers like i-mobile can't bake it into their customised firmware)

• Like 1

Perhaps might be due to some applications corrupted?

I ever experienced crashes in my IQ XA before but nt as often as my iphone 4.

I've tracked the slow running issue to Google Play. I can't uninstall Google Play as its built in and it seems to be needed to update other Google apps - but I noticed that it appears 3-4 times in Task manager and it eats memory and processing power (the CPU graph goes off the scale when it's running). If I disable it the phone runs much faster with no delays when typing - but I get a notice every morning from Google asking me to enable Google Play. There's also feedback on the Play Store about Google Play being memory hungry.

Updating it made no difference - as soon as it runs the phone slows down. Anyone else have this problem?

• Like 1

Juz discovered another software fault when trying to use camera,after taking of pics,screen of phone will go blank which i gotta toggle between power and home buttons repeatly for it to go back to lock screen page...

Anyone encountered such problems before?

Otherwise-it's really a value for money phone!

I recently got to play with a Google Nexus 4 which I had planning to buy as my next phone and I think the IQX compares reasonably well with it. I prefer the dedicated menu button on the IQX because some of my apps don't always seem to have a menu button when I need one. I'm not sure why Google thinks a dedicated 'recent apps' is such a good thing when a long press of the home button does the same thing.

I also have problems with both K9 email and Dolphin browser not having a seach button which was definitely a plus of my old, now retired, LG Optimus 2X.

I'm already hitting memory problems when installing apps and all my currently installed apps have already been, 'moved to sd card'. I guess I need to get this phone rooted sooner rather than later so at least I can get rid of twitter and facebook and maybe some more. It's such a shame Android doesn't have some simple user partioning tool. I'd rather have more space to install apps than space to store my photos/music/videos as I put all those on the external sd card. My Nexus 7 shows Internal+Media as one partition in TitaniumBackup.

I also had some problems with the Phone app which was crashing because of something strange in my address book. There were no strange characters that I could see but after deleting a few entries in this case those starting with 'Ja' and then adding them back in the problem was fixed. The problem didn't occur in the People app. I think looking at the csv file of my address book there was a post code in one of the entries that wasn't quoted as a text string. I never had a problem in any of my other Android devices.

I haven't used the camera much so not much to report about that yet, RevStar Zen, I haven't seen your problem yet but I plan to start taking some picture when I get to London tomorrow.

One of my games Speedball2 would not run, it would crash without error message straight back to the home screen. Ashpalt 7 runs very smoothly most of the time.

I get an AnTuTu score of 12496.

I have managed to play every 720p and 1080p video I have tried so far, stuff that my old Optimus 2X wouldn't even nearly play.

--damole

Edited by damole
  • Like 1

I got my antutu score of 12779 and it seems the my phone standing is sandwiched between nexus 7 and 10.

Update me in regards to u using the camera to see if there's any abnormalities..

Thanks,Damole!

They are saved to the internal sdcard that is built into the phone. I like to keep all my files on the external sdcard so that if I need to factory reset the phone I won't lose anything.

--damole

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

They are saved to the internal sdcard that is built into the phone. I like to keep all my files on the external sdcard so that if I need to factory reset the phone I won't lose anything.

--damole

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I prefer the same way as well..how to store the photos in the external sd card?Anyone else knows?

Thanks Damole!

I started reading some of the tip pages for Android 4.2 and found that a two finger swipe from the top will pull down the quick settings screen, rather than a one finger swipe followed by touching the quick settings icon. I know this is general Android but I think it wasn't available in the previous versions although I'm not 100% sure.

I still haven't manager to get adb to connect to my phone so I'm unable to try the rooting method I posted about early.

--damole

Edited by damole
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...