I-Mobile Iqx/xa

damole

Hello,

Can you tell me if the imobile IQX has any different interface similar as HTC sense or if it is pure 100% android.

I hate all this <deleted> around Android and prefer it virgin !

Are you still happy with the IQX ?

Thanks.

It's straight forward 100% Android.

I bought my IQ XA from the mobile expo on the day they came out and, yes, I'm still happy with it. Very good value for money.

My teenage daughter has a Galaxy Grand (at her age it's the name Samsung) and my IQ XA is far better.

When comparing with the An-tu-tu benchmark my IQ XA came out at 13,290, after I'd put a class 10 SD card in(although I know a couple of others on here have had results around 12,500), where as my daughter's Grand only scored around 6500 (I can't remember the exact score)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had my IQX for a while now and it's a great phone, my only issue is that there isn't enough memory to install all the apps I want. I have had to un-install many apps that I use infrequently in order to keep my most important ones up to date.

Until I get it rooted and so can un-install some of the pre-installed apps and maybe change the partition sizes then it definitely loses a couple of stars.

--damole

If you need more spamce use LINK2SD

Very good and easy, it will use your SD CARD as partition.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

It's not just a usual MOVE TO SD CARD, it is a lot better.

I did look at this before but it needs root access which I haven't manage to do yet. I saw some new threads on the XDA forum since I last tried so I will give it another go over the weekend. I

cheers

damole

• Like 1

Forgot to add earlier, unlike other dual sim phones where you can only use one sim to access the internet, with the IQ X(A) you can get 3G access with both sims.

sumrit I am in the UK for a while and simply can not get my IQX to work with Vodafone. ThaiCBR has been trying to help me through it but nothing seems to work. Checked the APN and it all looks OK.

Curious you say both SIM slots work for data is that documented?

Cheers.

Forgot to add earlier, unlike other dual sim phones where you can only use one sim to access the internet, with the IQ X(A) you can get 3G access with both sims. 

sumrit I am in the UK for a while and simply can not get my IQX to work with Vodafone. ThaiCBR has been trying to help me through it but nothing seems to work. Checked the APN and it all looks OK.

Cheers.

Perhaps u need the IQX(A) to use in UK as it's more for 900/1800/2100 frequencies in UK.

http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers.

I know both sim slots work for 3G because I have tried it. Although sim 2 is the primary slot for the 3G internet.

When I bought my IQ XA from the mobile expo in Bangkok they gave me a free pre loaded i-mobile 3G mini sim and installed it in sim 2. That worked for both calls and 3G internet. I already have an AIS unlimited data sim so I put that in sim 1 and, via settings, set that for my primary use for both 3G internet and calls, etc. That worked correctly as well.

What did happen though is that it turned off sim 2's connection for both calls and internet. I went to the local i-mobile shop who explained sim 2 is the primary slot for 3G and they changed the settings to make that the primary sim again to show me. I then had both calls and 3G internet on sim 2 plus call facilities on sim 1. By simply switching 3G internet to sim 1 in settings I can still get the internet via that sim (but with sim 2 disabled of course).

I hope this makes sense.

As far as I'm aware all 3G connections in the UK are now on 2100mhz (including vodafone). An IQ X is compatable with both 850mhz and 2100mhz so I can only guess there is something wrong with your APN settings. But check that vodafone are using 2100mhz because I know, prior to that frequency being adopted, all UK networks used to use 900mhz. And of course your phone wouldn't be compatible then.

I did have a problem when I was in the UK a few years ago, using an LG phone with a 3 sim card. That turned out to be APN settings.

When I was there last year though I again bought a 3, £15 all you can eat data, sim and put it into the HTC phone I was using. It set itself up straight away, I didn't need to change/set up anything.

The i-mobile website has the following:

IQ X

Supports use 2 SIM
2G: 900/1800 MHz (AIS / Dtac / True)
3G: 850/2100 MHz (Dtac / True/3GX)
IQ XA
Supports use 2 SIM
2G: 900/1800 MHz (AIS / Dtac / True)
3G: 900/2100 MHz (AIS/3GX)

I'm in the UK using a 3 SIM and everything worked as soon as I put the SIM in. I just ordered a free Vodaphone SIM which comes with 30 days free internet so I will give it a try when it arrives.

--damole

I went to the local i-mobile shop who explained sim 2 is the primary slot for 3G and they changed the settings to make that the primary sim again to show me. I then had both calls and 3G internet on sim 2 plus call facilities on sim 1. By simply switching 3G internet to sim 1 in settings I can still get the internet via that sim (but with sim 2 disabled of course).

I hope this makes sense.

OK getting closer and yep I am with you so far.

So you can only access data on 1 SIM but are able to swap between what SIM you want? From your first post it sounded like you was able to use both SIM data's at the same time. I agree it looks like I have an APN issue but for the life of me I can not get around it even after manually creating the APN.

Interesting.

Just pulled my Three SIM from my Nokia and dropped it into SIM1 with the Vodafone on SIM2 no joy for data on either in fact the GSM for Three (SIM1) disabled itsself.

Removed the Vodafone (SIM2) leaving only the Three (SIM1) in I finally have a dada connection!

So it is a Vodafone problem time to try and get my Vodafone number switched to Three.

Cheers guys.

I'm in the UK using a 3 SIM and everything worked as soon as I put the SIM in. I just ordered a free Vodaphone SIM which comes with 30 days free internet so I will give it a try when it arrives.

--damole

Just done the same thing myself and it connected instantly.

Odd with the Vodafone SIM I wasnt getting any 3/3G/H symbol against the GSM signal strength indicator. Removed the Vodafone so only had 1 Three SIM and it worked first time.

Cheers for the confirmation.

In the user manual for my IQ 1.1 it says a micro SIM will only work in SIM 2 card slot so maybe something to check for other i-mobile phones.

@kkerry rthanks for checking that. Whilst oficially its true in reality the micro SIM will still fit into the full size SIM1 slot without having to use a SIM adaptor but only just.

Just been to the thirs Vodafone shop to tell them t there is a problem with their SIM and my handset and that it works OK on Three only to be told there was nothing they could do.

Anyone looking to use this handset in the UK I would recommend getting a Three SIM dont bother with Vodafone IMHO.

Hey, have you notice that the IQ9 is exactly the same as IQx but with bigger screen ?

So for the 500 Thb price difference it is a lot better, but I guess that IQx will be cheaper soon...

Have you noticed just how big the IQ9 is though........

Yes, 5.7 just as the Samsung Note !

But what I noticed more is how small is the IQx when I see most of the people having a bigger one.

And IQ9 still fit in trousers pocket, so it's ok, and for this cheap price I wouldn't care to break it fast anyway.

I went to the local i-mobile shop who explained sim 2 is the primary slot for 3G and they changed the settings to make that the primary sim again to show me. I then had both calls and 3G internet on sim 2 plus call facilities on sim 1. By simply switching 3G internet to sim 1 in settings I can still get the internet via that sim (but with sim 2 disabled of course).

I hope this makes sense.

OK getting closer and yep I am with you so far.

So you can only access data on 1 SIM at a time but are able to swap between what SIM you want? From your first post it sounded like you was able to use both SIM data's at the same time. I agree it looks like I have an APN issue but for the life of me I can not get around it even after manually creating the APN.

Basically yes. Firstly we are only talking about a 3G data connection. If you have a data allowance on two sims you can access it on both without swapping sims over.

From your first post it sounded like you was able to use both SIM data's at the same time

But of course you must tell the phone which sim you want to access the data from. otherwise how will the phone know which one to use?

With other dual sim phones you are only able to access 3G internet from one sim slot so you would have to physically swap the sim card over.

The two sim slots on the IQ X(A) do act slightly differently though.

You can get data and call/text access from sim 2 plus call sim access from sim1 IF you have the data priority set to sim 2 in settings.

IF however you select data priority for sim 1 in settings you get data and call/text access from sim 1 but sim 2 is them turned off for both data and call access.

So you would normally put your primary data sim into sim slot 2 then choose which sim you want to use as your primary calls/text sim in settings. If, for example you've used all your data allowance for sim 2 but have a data allowance on sim 1 you don't have to physically swap the sim cards over, you just switch over in settings.......remembering that you do lose call in/out facilities on sim 2 for the period that sim 1 data access is turned on.

There....................clear as mud now isn't it whistling.gif

With other dual sim phones you are only able to access 3G internet from one sim slot so you would have to physically swap the sim card over.

This is the first dual SIM I have ever had and I didnt know that. Thank you.

There....................clear as mud now isn't it whistling.gif

You may laugh it is actually a lot clearer for me. Not sure what says about me but hey ho!

Thanks guys.

Yes, 5.7 just as the Samsung Note !

But what I noticed more is how small is the IQx when I see most of the people having a bigger one.

And IQ9 still fit in trousers pocket, so it's ok, and for this cheap price I wouldn't care to break it fast anyway.

Hands on the size difference really is noticable.

The IQX is very slim about half the thickness of my old N8 IMO negates that embassing pocket buldge a IQ9 would cause...... :-))

iq x 2 weeks old.

recieved a call this morning, couldnt hear them.

recieved another call from them, still couldnt hear them

tried calling them back call connected, could not hear any dialling sound or anything on the other end.

tried all sorts of things finally a factory reset. i can still only hear calls on head phones or rear speaker.

i have never dropped the phone and have installed nothing.

google is full of this problem, but no decent solutins offered.

any ideas?/

The main service centers offer a guaranteed fix/replacement within 1 hour.

Dont get caught rthe way I did forst toime I went back the local shop and they sent it away for me taking 1 month.

Centers available on the i-Mobile site.

If you are close to a service center I would be inclined to drop it in and let them fix it.

For the money its a very good phone just hope it doesnt suffer Q&A p[roblems down the line then again TiT!

• Like 1

I'm surprised they did not make the 3g triband 850/900/2100 band. Good to see imobile improving the value of their android phone.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

Hey, have you notice that the IQ9 is exactly the same as IQx but with bigger screen ?

So for the 500 Thb price difference it is a lot better, but I guess that IQx will be cheaper soon...

Have you noticed just how big the IQ9 is though........

I been using the IQ XA for a month and had a chance to use the new IQ 9A this weekend. I need dual SIM for work so I've been very interested in the high-end iMobiles. I used the IQ 5.1 for a month but found it too heavy with limited battery life.

For it's screen size it's light and slim and it's curved black cover and metal trim looks very upmarket. It comes with a flip cover with magnetic screen-off function like a Samsung Note and a small pen which is not a proper digitiser but still handy if you have big thumbs. It also has a normal back cover without the flip cover and the same clear plastic cover as the IQ X. (Which I guess will also go red with use?).

The speaker in 'phone' and 'speaker-phone' mode is better than on the IQ X but everything else is about the same - except for the camera. The spec for the front and rear cameras is the same as the IQ X but at least on the one I'm using the picture quality is not as good as the IQ X. The larger screen on the IQ9 does not look quite as good as on the IQX as it's the same resolution but it's obviously bigger - so there's slight faded areas on full backlight and the colours are not as rich. But even when I view photos taken with each phone on a laptop the IQ X has more natural colours and less tendency to blow out bright areas.

So for the same cost we can have a smaller, lighter X or a bigger, heavier 9 - but there's no real advantage to the extra size of the 9 unless you have really big hands. Battery is bigger on the 9 and it's removable - but with the bigger screen I'd expect similar battery life. Both SIMs on the 9 are full sized.

One small area where the IQ9 has an advantage is that you can switch to a smaller font and so get more text on the screen (with some functions) - so you can see the whole of a phone number in the directory for example.

If the camera on the IQ9 was as good as the (very impressive for a phone) one on the IQ X - I would probably stay with the 9 as I like the bigger keyboard - but I'll probably be switching back to the X to save pocket space and weight and to get better photos.

I think the X and the 9 are currently the best specced dual SIM phones - so for me they are the best fit for my needs?

Edited by Familyonthemove
  • Like 1