German,French Men Arrested With 400 Fake Passports

george

Thai police arrest German, French men with hundreds of fake passports

BANGKOK: A Frenchman and a German national have been arrested by Thai immigration police for attempting to smuggle out of the country more than 400 fake European passports and visa seals, police said Wednesday.

German Heinz Paul Bruggemann, 61, was detained at Bangkok's International Airport as he checked in for a flight to Switzerland Monday intending to take 255 fake passports and visa seals out of the country, they said.

The haul included 46 fake Italian passports, 67 French passports, 45 Portugese passports, 26 Belgium passports, 46 Spanish passports, one British passport, eight British visa seals, eight French visa seals, and eight German visa seals.

Also apprehended at the departure hall was French national Thierry Jean-Claude Villechenoux, 46, who was booked on a flight to London with 146 fake passports including 50 French passports and 96 Greece documents.

The European Union has accused Thailand of being hub for forgery of official documents which facilitate human trafficking around the globe.

--Agencies 2004-02-18

Guest IT Manager

Sounds like Daveyo plans extra-curriculr activities for a spare time hobby. :o

On the other hand, Dear Leader was right..Thailand is a Hub for some things.

I'd suggest that the embassies from whence (sorry about Ye Olde English) these passports came from, investigate their employees, as I doubt very much as to whether any forger would do such bizarre print runs?! It looks as though this is an 'inside job'. As for the guys involved, well, I'd be learning Thai for 'Yes Sir, Mr Prison Warden' petty ###### quick. Oh! Engaging a few brains cells might help them as well, they obviously haven't done that for a while.

Thaivisa editor , why the constant use of the appelation "Farang" surely by now you

are aware of its derogatory context in Thailand - if they are westerners call them that.

Interesting topic but a bit off topic, could you please open a separate topic about this issue?

Thanks!

Cheers

/Admin

what's so special to fake stuff in Thailand??

Everything in Thailands is fake, like the lady's smile, love, much woman (katoy), software, the law and even love and orgasm.

Over ten years experiance overthere !!! Amazing Thailand !!!

This is my first post, but I am not a rookie to thailand, I go three times a year, hopefully when I can retire (i'm only 32), if it is not too hard to get a visa, I hope to retire within 15 years, as long as I don't get married. :o

I think they are stupid to try and smuggle passports out of Thailand. We all know the luggage check they do at the airport, what were these morons thinking?

KJ

Edited by george

Hello every one, my first go here. I am in Lampang, new to Thailand, only 3 yrs! These passports, mybe one of mine (Uk) stolen in Bkk last year. The qiucker the thais can get these bad Farangs out of Thailand the better for us who slog on here with good intensions. Any way . Another point. We just got clear of an accident problem here in Lampang. after 3 weeks of hasstle all solved, but we had to accept the responsibilty (which was not true) So in the end a contract drawn up by the police and our insurance closed the deal. I will be happy to explain more for those interested, but the Key to it all now is going for the best insurance to cover your arse here. Highly recomend AXA based in chiang mai. Best regards to all

Pip

Let's see...the Frenchman and the German had about 281 fake passports, 117 French, 46 Italians, 46 Spanish, 45 Portuguese, 26 Belgiums and 1 British... plus Visa seals (8 each) for British, French and German and 96 Greek documents. I don't know what this means...my exposure and experience on the left side of the law is very limited, on occasion I do watch "Cops" on American TV and I once, when much younger, was a guest in three different jails all on the same night in Pensacola, Florida (a record for my unit that still stands)...Sorry, I digress...

my question is..."What type of person, and why...would want to buy a "fake" passport? It would be interesting if all 281 showed up at the same hotel on the same night and all decided to go Nana Plaza (before midnight) for a drink and companionship. A final question, does the mix of passports mean anything?

Guest IT Manager
Thaivisa editor , why the constant use of the appelation "Farang" surely by now you

are aware of its derogatory context in Thailand - if they are westerners call them that.

Well, someone who agrees with me.

I don't get it. Why would a 61 year old man do such a thing. Does he want to die rich? I'm not trying to say that 61 is a very old age, but doesn't he realize by now at this age that one doesn't need a lot of money to live happily. It makes me wonder what he had been doing over these 61 years.

Well, someone who agrees with me.

I have opened a new thread and a poll for the topic "farang", please continue that topic here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6448

Thanks!

/Admin

It's a familiar story. Foreign visitors carrying out lucrative illegal items for resale in their home countries. Buy cheap from that nice Thai guy recommended by you the temporary girlfiend. Could it be that the seller then tips of the police? Oh no! What am I thinking of; it couldn't happen in the LOS.

When I first came to Tland as a backpacker, I had people offering to buy my passport in return for 50K THB (5 years ago on Khao San), later on people offered me UN driving licenses, more recently I have had offers for Belgian and French passports. Please understand I did not solicite such offers. So from personal experience I would have to agree that BKK is a hub of sorts. But like any hub it may be the convenience offered by the locale, rather than anything specific to Thailand that makes this so. Afterall this place is famous for fakes, copies and other nefarious activities...so what better place to set-up shop as a forger. Moreover these people have been fairly open about their activities - otherwise I would never have solicited in the first place.

Seems to be one more reason to clean up BKK, kick out as many dodgy types as poss and tighten visa regulations. Busting those guys at the airport was obviously done for sensationalism, but good luck to the authorities as newspaper inches count more than quiet enforcement if your're trying to re-invent BKK's image.

Hello every one, my first go here. I am in Lampang, new to Thailand, only 3 yrs! These passports, mybe one of mine (Uk) stolen in Bkk last year. The qiucker the thais can get these bad Farangs out of Thailand the better for us who slog on here with good intensions. Any way . Another point. We just got clear of an accident problem here in Lampang. after 3 weeks of hasstle all solved, but we had to accept the responsibilty (which was not true) So in the end a contract drawn up by the police and our insurance closed the deal. I will be happy to explain more for those interested, but the Key to it all now is going for the best insurance to cover your arse here. Highly recomend AXA based in chiang mai. Best regards to all

Pip

Do you have the address for Axa Insurance in Chaing Mia, I would be interested.

• 3 weeks later...

issue passport that expire every ten years

come out with a new design every year

and put in a new bar-code every month

how about that...

ten years

equal

120 codes to monitor

the computer can take care of it

make it standard in every country....

what am i saying... ???

who pays...

:o

wonder where is resigned member?  :o

IT ....IT .... please...that was P L E A S E do not encourage the retiree to return on anything like a full time basis. I note he had some criticism as soon as he posted. Keep taking the medication Khun Anonymous. Stay in America...Muang Thai is not yet ready for a freethinker like you.

• 3 weeks later...
what's so special to fake stuff in Thailand??

Everything in Thailands is fake, like the lady's smile, love, much woman (katoy), software, the law and even love and orgasm.

Over ten years experiance overthere !!! Amazing Thailand !!!

:o You are late to know! :D