Urgently Seeking A Teacher For North Phuket

I hope it's OK with the mods to post this.

I have been asked by my local technical college in north Phuket to try to find a teacher for them, starting as soon as possible.

Here are the job details, inasmuch as I know:

- The Hotel & Hospitality department of Thalang Technical College is urgently seeking a native English speaker to teach on their mini English Programme.

- Teaching hours are about 24 hours per week. The course content is related to the Hotel & Hospility sector, (restaurants, food & beverage, hotel administration etc), and the course is taught to a small number (about 10 students per class), with student age about 16 years old. This course is a 3-year, foundation course that leads to award of the Certificate in Hotel & Hospitality Studies.

- The teacher should hold a degree and have some teaching experience. Knowledge/experience of teaching within the hotel sector is an advantage, but not a requirement.

- There is no age restriction on this position.

- The college will pay a monthly salary of 28,000 baht and will assist in obtaining a work permit. (The college is trying to get an increase on their government budget so they can pay a little more...)

- Thalang College is located in north Phuket, about 3km from the airport and Nai Yang Beach. This is a very safe and quiet area, with clean, air-con rooms available from about 4,500 baht. This area is about as different from Patong as you can get :)

- The college very urgently needs a teacher to start next week if possible.

. If you're interested, please call the college administrator, Khun Pink on 0865293820, or PM me for her email address

simon

I think this will be OK. Our site is here to help teachers and if we have a teacher who is looking for work, this is an opportunity.

In these threads, we don't usually allow for a lot of discussion, so if you have questions, it might be best to send a PM and get the information you need.

It will be interesting to see if they get applications from any good and qualified teachers. It seems like a wage of 28,000 baht (for 104 classroom hours per month [24 x 4.33] ) isn't much, especially in what is likely the most expensive province in the country.

• Like 1

PM you?

How would one do that?

I am in my second year of teaching English to about 200 Thai students now.

Have degree,but not in teaching.

I am a native English speaker from California U.S.A., now living in northeastern Thailand.

This sounds interesting.

Tell me more and contact dertails please.

As Scott says, drop me a PM (private message) if you need more details/have questions. Just to briefly add that this area of Phuket is a world away from the bright lights and expense of Patong/south Phuket. I live her for 11 years and it's still 20 baht for pad Thai, still safe to leave your doors open at night etc.

Anyway - please send me PMs

Simon

To PM someone, click on the persons username in the upper left side of the post. This will take you to the profile page. Toward the right side of the profile page will be some boxes: "Add me as a Friend", "Send Me a Message," and "Find Content". Click on the 'send me a message' and the Private message system will come up. Write your message and send it.

If/when you receive a reply there will be a little red note in the upper right side under the messenger, which will give a number, like, '1', which means you have one message. Press on that and you can read your message.

• Like 1