I Need And Advice Bout The Overstay

Hello everybody ...I have a question. I came here with visa for a long time so I dont have a problem but my american boyfriend was here last time and he got automatically two or three months stay just like a turist. So this time we were automatically thinking that its also at least two monts but we just realized that its only one month and that means 37 days of overstay. I know that 15th of march they changed the payment for overstay from 200 bht to 500 bht per day. His visa finished 18 of february so it would mean 27 days before changing the charge. So does it mean that he still pay for this 27 days 200 bht and for the last ten days 500 bht? Or he have to already pay 500 bht for all 37 days? Plus he still needs to stay till at least 15th of april cause he is taking thai massage classes so is it better to go to immigration, pay the fee for overstay and get the extension....or is it better to go to Cambodia. when he is leaving pay the fee and come back with one more month in his passport?

thank you for sending me advices...

:o

Lenka

So by that "visa run" you mean to go to Cambodia...pay the fee for overstay and come back with a new 30 days? thanx :o

500bht per day will be the charge and I doubt they will allow him to extend when he is considered illegal. He needs to do a visa run, pay his fine and then come back w/30days in his passport.

So by that "visa run" you mean to go to Cambodia...pay the fee for overstay and come back with a new 30 days? thanx :o

Yes...........and dont forget the show of funds.

If you happen to be in Bangkok or Pattaya many tour companies advertise trips to the border for this purpose.

Hello everybody ...I have a question. I came here with visa for a long time so I dont have a problem but my american boyfriend was here last time and he got automatically two or three months stay just like a turist. So this time we were automatically thinking that its also at least two monts but we just realized that its only one month and that means 37 days of overstay. I know that 15th of march they changed the payment for overstay from 200 bht to 500 bht per day. His visa finished 18 of february so it would mean 27 days before changing the charge. So does it mean that he still pay for this 27 days 200 bht and for the last ten days 500 bht? Or he have to already pay 500 bht for all 37 days? Plus he still needs to stay till at least 15th of april cause he is taking thai massage classes so is it better to go to immigration, pay the fee for overstay and get the extension....or is it better to go to Cambodia. when he is leaving pay the fee and come back with one more month in his passport?

thank you for sending me advices...

:o

Lenka

hi lenka_marie

You had mentioned your american boyfriend is taking Thai massage classes. Please give me some info. coz I'm also interested to take thai massage classes. How much? How many meetings a week? English class?

Thanks.