60 Day Tourist Visa Vientienne

no but i have heard on decent authority that doubles are ez to get. you can also go down to khon kaen and get a fresh visa (border visa = 14 days).

2 months is a LONG time to spend in lao and it might do you good just to get back out and plugged into 'civilization'

2 months is a LONG time to spend in lao and it might do you good just to get back out and plugged into 'civilization'

Dont think he intends to stay in Laos for 2 months.............he is wanting to know if he can get a 60 day tourist visa for Thailand from the Thai Embassy there.

:o

no but i have heard on decent authority that doubles are ez to get. you can also go down to khon kaen and get a fresh visa (border visa = 14 days).

You know, I may be wrong, but I think the OP is talking about going to Laos and getting a 60 day Thai visa and not spending 2 months in Laos.

It is quite easy to get a Thai tourist visa in Vientiane. I even got a 90 day Thai visa in Vientiane for 100 baht.

This one needs some explaining:

I even got a 90 day Thai visa in Vientiane for 100 baht.

And if you have already been in Thailand on consecutive tourist visas, chances are you won't get another one in Vientiane - that's my experience there.

This one needs some explaining:
I even got a 90 day Thai visa in Vientiane for 100 baht.

zzap......i think he missed a zero off the fee............reading richards previous posts he is married and currently extending that would explain why he got a 90 day (Non Imm O marriage) in Laos.

Yes, I intend to get a visa for Thailand not Laos. My passport(usa) contains one used 60 day tourist visa, which I used two years prio, and a recently expired non-b (issued from vientiene). My passport is pretty marked up from other countries, also. Is this a problem? Will I encounter problems?

I think your worrying too much providing your passport is readable and has empty pages and 6 months validity on it then you will be ok.

After all whats the worst that can happen?...............they turn you down and you come back into Thailand on a 30 day entry stamp, then all you need do is plan a trip down to Penang for a double tourist (providing you want to stay that long that is).........or you/ll need to do another 30 day run if you are only stopping a short time.

yeah, sorry got it. thaiflyer was right, you have confirmed.

vientiane and pnh are not good places to get multi visas (also sng/hkg = bad) for thailand as rule goes -but if its only one tourist visa they would have to be pretty harsh to turn you down. that said, i think much of the sourness is out of laziness - in vne and pnh they just dont want to be bothered. it also can be the communications with thailand is expensive/slow.

my experience is my 48+24 may be actually better - i THINK i have less hassles as it shows im not stuck on sukhumvhit3. also when immigration thumbs thru your pp and they cant make links without scrutinizing it in a computer - its a good thing. your not a 1 month visa runner - my hunch the bane of thai immigration (although i had heard 50% expat pop does this).

when i had pages added in pattaya and the consular official was tossing pp back - all the old codgers were moved along quickly. my big phat pp was handed to me and the guy almost nodded with respect. all the pages/stamps from india to indonesia multiples and all nations in between. i personally think this as a rule - if youre not living inthailand and have retirement visa, you are a tourist and you should be touring.

also when you have xxx stamps in thailand or wherever - the officals look at you and wonder what youre doing. for insatnce when i was working on the sly in indonesia yrs ago i started to get hassled a bit. too many stamps.

for me as a final note. i dont work in thailand and get proper tourist visas - i think this much better than visa runs which are really skirting law and are more hassle then worth doing imo.

i think youre ok dude -

You should be fine. Thaiflyer is right, though,what's the worst that can happen? You get the 30 day deal. Vientiane is great for a day or two. Great cafe food, pastry and coffee, credit the Frogs, I guess. Closes early (10 p.m). Get a cheeseburger at Sticky Fingers (Ozzie or Kiwi shop), nothing even close to it in Thailand anywhere that I've been. Almost worth the trip by itself.

A visa for Laos can be obtained at the border(nong khai) right? Also, what time do I need to be at the embassy before?

You can get the visa for Laos at the Laos border after you exit Thailand. If your not sure of the procedure, stop at one of the visa service offices and for a price they will walk you through the process. Then next time you can do it on your own.

I usually took the over night train from Bangkok to Nong Khai. When you get off the train, find a tuk tuk driver and ask him to take you to a visa service or you can go straight to the friendship bridge and stumble through the procedure.

It's really not that hard but it can be a little confusing.

Don't pay the "Agents" to cross into Lao, just go to the Bridge and exit through Thai Immigration (ask for a new entry/exit card which you can fill in whilst in Lao and save you time on return). Pay 10 baht for the bus over the bridge (it is 20 baht between 12.00 and 1.00 pm) On arrival at the Lao side go to the window and collect a visa application form and the customs declaration form and fill them in, return to the window and hand in your passport,forms and passport size photo plus the fee of 1,500 baht (30 USD) (31USD at weekends) and wait for your visa to be processed. Pass through Lao imigration and get a taxi into town (Haggle) Thai consulate in Vientiane opens for business at 8.30 am but it is said that the queue begins much earlier and somedays it is very busy (there are 'touts' who will get the visa for you for a fee - have heard only positive reports on these but not sure how 'legal' it is). You collect your passport the next day, so time to enjoy some of that very cheap, very good Beer Lao. The bus back across the bridge is 10 baht (or several million Kip :o ) and entry into Thailand is free, just show your nice shiny new visa to the imigration officer and he will stamp you back into LoS.

Prem-r is right on, as far as the last time I went, approximately 6 mos. ago. A few more points, you need to get to the embassy with your passport copy and photos by Noon, they supposedly close the entrance. I used to do the overnight train to Nongkhai, then tuk tuk to the bridge, taxi to the embassy and I've cut it close, but never been shut out. You could eliminate say 20-30 minutes of time by getting your Lao Visa in BKK beforehand.

As Prem-r noted, if it's just a quick run and you do nothing else, definitely have a Beer Lao or ten at one of the Mekong river bars, but Vientiane closes early.