Canadian Man Weds Roi Et Woman, Offers Dowry Worth Bt100 Million

webfact

Canadian man weds Roi Et woman, offers dowry worth THB100 million
By Coconuts Bangkok

wedding17f.jpg

ROI ET: Residents are celebrating a story of Cinderella-like proportions: a wealthy Canadian man has married a Roi Et woman who was born to a farmer family, and provided her with a handsome dowry to boot.

Glen Redekop, a 54-year-old executive at Chevron Thailand and the owner of a petroleum company in Ireland, was in a relationship with Sunantha Singhathawat, 37, for nine years before making his marriage proposal.

Redekop and Sunantha met in a Bangkok restaurant where Sunantha was working as a waitress. After agreeing to see each other, Redekop asked Sunantha to stop her waiting job and focus her attention on her education.

With Redekop’s funding, Sunantha has spent the past nine years pursuing bachelor and master degrees. She is now at work on a PhD.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/06/03/canadian-man-weds-roi-et-woman-offers-dowry-worth-thb100-million

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-2013-06-03

• Like 1

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously well matched and after so many years,why not? happy for her and happy for him, i am sure he is prepared to lose it, if it came to that! good luck.

Loose it?

I guess it will all be booked as expenses, business loss, investments gone wrong, whatever.

Anyway, I wish them all kinds of happiness, luck, good fortune (?), health, and prosperity.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll be telling my wife about this story.

I think your mrs would really enjoy it and laugh for a week. laugh.png

PS. The same as the extended family are. whistling.gif

And search out relatives in Roi et.

Boy oh boy.....If he only knew what he really has done.....I wonder if he would still do it...I vehemently agree with Cardholder...."Just say "NO!!!!" I almost got caught in this web of deceit and treachery but I managed to extricate myself with the help of a 78 year old Thai woman who understood what I was mixed up with and was good enough to advise me on what to do. This is about mutual respect of each other's culture and as such both parties must be 100% upfront and honest. I wish him and her well but he has definitely set a bad example for the farang community.

You paid sin sot for a 78yo woman ?

I admit I skipped through it, so if I missed anything...my bad

• Like 1

Redekop and Sunantha met in a Bangkok restaurant where Sunantha was working as a waitress.

Any chance it was the " No Hands " restaurant she was working ?

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 2