BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Canadian Man Weds Roi Et Woman, Offers Dowry Worth Bt100 Million

Nice one! Impressive.

Due to the value of 10 million includes luxury accommodations in Pattaya necklace gold jewelry.
And a number of cash.
If the 10 Million Baht included and luxury accomodations and jewelry and cash, then they must have another idea about luxury as I have.

AS I wrote, that is translated only with "GOOGLE Translate" without editing, from a Thai source, look the LINK, as Google TR. is not really reliable,

the wording can be (much) different in Thai Original script. LOST IN TRANSLATION is possible!

So, it can be,

"One App.in Pattaya, some jewelry and cash" Easy done with 10 Mill. B. wink.png

What stuns me, is a 10 Milion Baht Gift, Sin Sot for a Lady boy !? blink.png

-j.brain- You lucky Bastard, when 10 Mill. Baht Sin Sot for a Lady Boy, is not a "Luxury!" for you! tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Of course the locals were celebrating. Another fool and his money departed. They will party for months. This is the lotto they all hope to win.

Anotherone bites the dust lol

What people say and what really is the truth are (in Thailand) two completely different things.

I agree with that.

To my Westernised ways I find the talk of money rather distasteful and pathetic. Where I`m from the people who feel the need to boost about money are the people that don’t have any or people with no class.

In my wives village one of the neighbours daughters has just returned from a period in Pattaya working in the boom boom industry. She`s even managed to land an elderly farrang with a few quid who is currently building them a basic home to replace the shack they previously lived it. It amuses me to watch the mother of house sit and proudly proclaim her wealth and how she wants for nothing – many villagers listen on in awe. Only problem is I also talk to the old farrang and know the huge discrepancy between what she says she gets and what she really gets.

I`m also shocked at the lack of shame displayed by what is effectively charity. I`m from a background where wealth is only laudable if you earned it through hard work, not got it given to you by one of your daughters “customers”

Edited by tullynagardy

I quite enjoy seeing the wealth spread around. I see the import of educating the spouse and hope it extends to the children. People seem to think we actually own things, but we are just care givers whilst we are alive. Letting go is a good thing in many ways. Want nothing and you will have everything.

Really, a wealthy man is not really a man with wealth.

Edited by Joe Mamma

Boy oh boy.....If he only knew what he really has done.....I wonder if he would still do it...I vehemently agree with Cardholder...."Just say "NO!!!!" I almost got caught in this web of deceit and treachery but I managed to extricate myself with the help of a 78 year old Thai woman who understood what I was mixed up with and was good enough to advise me on what to do. This is about mutual respect of each other's culture and as such both parties must be 100% upfront and honest. I wish him and her well but he has definitely set a bad example for the farang community.

That depends on your point of view and where you are coming from. There are many people who that is just a drop in the bucket to. You obviously are not one of them nor can you imagine that much wealth in one person.

I see 9 years in a relationship before the final commitment as a good example for falongs. Not sure why you or others don't.wai.gif

Its a lovely romantic story and I wish them both the greatest of happiness-to all the cynics and smarty pants in here, may you one day find the same joy that they clearly have.

• Like 1

I wish them both a life of happiness. He paid his money and made his choice. Good for you, Brother. Bold move!

I wish them both a life of happiness. He paid his money and made his choice. Good for you, Brother. Bold move!

You did the same ?..........................w00t.gif

Obviously, this guy is an outlier. He could probably drop a few million just on a weekend away, so, 100mil was probably just a weeks work, at the most. His now wife has been spending the last 9 years getting educated and most probably a shining example of a person. She has probably been a great support for him over the years and the money that he gave to her parents would have been worth every satang even if the marriage doesn't last a few hours. I don't think we will hear anything more over it because, you would think, after 9 years they would have a pretty good idea of what they are both about together. Good luck to them.

It's amazing how people take a nice, positive story like this and crap all over it. 9 years they've been together, she's 40 and he's early 50s, he's helping her get an education and helping her family, and people here still talk about her like she's a bar girl and he's some dirty farang roaming the streets of Pattaya.

I'm incredibly thankful for all the great advice I've gotten on these forums, but people like that really irritate me. They have an image of farang and relationships crafted by their own reflection in the mirror.

I think it's the "excess" that many people have an issue with. Nothing wrong with helping the gf/wife's family on a continuous basis as most here do anyway, but 100 million? Seriously?

I'd be more inclined to trust his financial decisions than yours wai2.gif

• Like 1

This news will make a lot of Thai girls feel they did not marry lucky.

Just like the stories of rich farangs building big houses and buying cars and so on that family members and others in the village like to tell the mothers who in turn put presure on the daughters.

What the Canadian guy does with his cash is up to him and wish them the best.

Just see no reason to tell the world about it.

But likely they are not to blame for that.

Edited by brianinbangkok

At least there will be no shortness for waitresses for a long time laugh.png

I just Can't afford to Marry a Thai Woman~~

• Like 1