Canadian Man Weds Roi Et Woman, Offers Dowry Worth Bt100 Million

The 100 Million figure is probably for show .. He wants to help out her family but throwing away so much money is crazy..

For a lot of families, 100 million isn't help, it's ruination. Imagine how many distant relatives will come out of the woodwork. And for someone previously on a farmer's income, that will seem like an infinite amount - impossible to spend it all (they might be surprised). It will alienate them from their friends and neighbours, and yet they won't be able to move in hi-so circles either. Upward social mobility is discouraged here... Everyone would be better off if he gave them 3 million a year for life...

• Like 2
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 million baht thrown into a small farmer village.

This will give many problems for the girls family.
Grown hierarchies and structures can be destroyed as fast.
All relatives, neighbors and "friends" will come to borrow money.
Later, the insurance salesman and all kinds of fortune hunters will stop by.
Rule No. 1 when you win the lottery, do not tell anyone.
Hope they can handle there fortune.

• Like 1

Hm, shouldn't it be 101 Million Baht for a wife from Roi Et?

No, I'm not going to discuss this with my own wife who is originally also from Roi Et. She may conclude I have been severley in debt with her and may even claim interest on this basis. blink.png

100 million baht; wow, that is crazy. Especially for a 37 year old farmers daughter. Oh well up to him

What is wrong with a 37 years old farmer's daughter....SEXIST...???

• Like 1

100 Million dowry? <deleted>? Doesn't cease to amaze me what these 'people' do with their money. Why doesn't the (K)anadian offer this money to people/families that really need the money, Thailand or elsewhere? In addition, it would help boost the economy, thus helping more people in the process. People that have money will spend it on things/food they need.What would one women or family do with a 100 million baht in Thailand? It's no wonder the world is in the state that it's in....too many wrong people in the right places and too many right people in the wrong places.

Edited by freedom4life

100 million baht; wow, that is crazy. Especially for a 37 year old farmers daughter. Oh well up to him

Glad my wife think the dowry is old fashioned. Know it's tradition, but guys like this mess it up for everybody else. Like may years ago when you had the nerd pay way too much for nookie or the tourist flooding the market paying 200% what everything is worth in Thailand so you can never get a deal.

I don't to hear about generosity of the wealthy. Any wealthy person I know dosen't throw money around. At least the ones who worked for it.

Remember this is just the "transfer fee". Still have salary to factor in. Ronaldo may have been cheaper. But seriously, like I say "You can always pay too much for something".

What is wrong with a 37 years old farmer's daughter....SEXIST...???

There are so many more 'isms being exercised on this thread - business as usual I am afraid.