cognitive dissonance, inability to incorporate new

information, pronounced xenophobia and paranoia,

inability to accept responsibility for own actions,

cowardice masked by misplaced bravado, uncontrolled

facial smirking, ignorance of geography and history,

categorical all-or-nothing behavior.

Naturalists and epidemiologists are amazed at how this

destructive disease originated only a few years ago

from a toxin found in the hills around Chiang Mai.

:o:D Love this post...so true.

In the meantime, it appears that everyone else has forgotten the main context of the post...ie demonstrators demonstrating. It is the mark of any true "democracy" to allow it's people to demonstrate, albeit inconvenient.

To those whining & whinging about this tiny inconvenience, how would you like 10 years of demonstration, or worse still, endless years of guerilla warfare due to an intolerant & hegemonic (also oligarchic) government? Demonstration adds to necessary political change in a relatively "democratic" society. Look at the US where a hegemony (oligarchy) easily rules due to the "dumbing down" of it's people (media control). At least the US still allows demonstrations (to some degree). Mind you, who wants to live in the US with that illegally elected GWB?

Forget about the inconvenience, the main agenda here is people voicing their opinions due to an apparent extreme situation. If everybody sat on their bums & relied upon the "government illicited" LAW to solve these problems, they'd be waiting for bloody years!!! The government can do what they want with laws & it has little to do with any public input...in any "democratic" country. Unless of course, public outcry by way of "demonstration", occurs.

I say "go for it" to the protestors. Make yourselves be heard. If people get annoyed for a couple of weeks per year for such an event, it's worth it. I'm sure there have been similar "non political" annoyances. Let democracy rule & not the consumerism that currently consumes western countries.

If Thailand is smart, it will pay attention to the idiocy of the western world & not make the same mistakes. Afterall, Thailand has really only associated with westerners for the last 70 years (on a large scale).

To those who feel "inconvenienced" & otherwise annoyed by such demonstrative political actions, see the quote below by Martin Luther King Junior. Basically, any lazy bugger can quote the law & "pretend" to tolerate it. To actually act against such a thing takes truth & guts. It is this spirit that makes "democracies", not sitting down & relying upon LAWS.

Edited by elkangorito

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His sale may not have required payment of tax legally but it certainly infuriated many Thais who are pressed by The Inland Revenue Department to cough up every baht.

The leader is supposed to set a good example of ethical behaviour. If he had announced he was donating a third to charity, as Jamlong suggested, he would have defused a lot of the resentment.

People may have remarked how generous he was and what a fine example he was.

But no, he had to have the whole lot!- not smart, just greedy.

Paying taxes that don't even exist isn't ethical, it's stupid.

Despite how much the opposition complains, they in reality like the law that Thaksin supposedly took advantage of. They just got upset because they're jealous that he's rich.

Getting rid of capital gains tax was the correct thing to do for Thailand. It encourages foreign investment and helps companies grow.

There is no way these hypocrites would ever bring back the capital gains tax regardless of how much they complain that Thaksin got rid of it.

So it would appear that no tax was evaded. Seems like quite a bandwagon. He didn't pay tax, therefore he evaded tax. Great logic!

It would be unlikely for any government to reintroduce capital gains tax on share sales. The country would be uncompetitive with many other Asian countries: Hongkong, Singapore, Malaysia(?), none of which has capital gains taxes on share sales.

His sale may not have required payment of tax legally but it certainly infuriated many Thais who are pressed by The Inland Revenue Department to cough up every baht.

The leader is supposed to set a good example of ethical behaviour. If he had announced he was donating a third to charity, as Jamlong suggested, he would have defused a lot of the resentment.

People may have remarked how generous he was and what a fine example he was.

But no, he had to have the whole lot!- not smart, just greedy.

Paying taxes that don't even exist isn't ethical, it's stupid

It's not stupid when you're the leader of the government, you're supposed to set an example of self sacrifice, Thaksin constantly claims he's doing everything for the country.

Ethics aside, politically it's a foolish move to antagonise large sections of the public by an action that is seen as selling off the country's assets and securities for self interest.

Post deleted by admin. Please use appropriate language.

Thanks /Admin

Oh for Christ's f#%$(%$# sake you *&&^%%*&^ get off of the ^#^$# soapbox and let folks talk. If I want to read a censored bit, I'll pick up a Post.

Take me off of this forum. I don't wanna play any longer.

The Irony is that many of the demonstrators are middle class malcontents, who would ordinarily shop at places like this!

They are sore because Thaksin wrong footed them by calling an election while

they were busy marching up and down in Bangkok instead of preparing for the election

Thaksin has done nothing wrong politically. He was being critisized so he called an election and he is going to win it. Most Thais care about the 30B health scheme, social housing, OTOP, million baht per tambon etc etc and couldnt give a stuff about whether his family pay tax or that he has illusions of grandeur. these demonstrators must be wealthy or they couldnt afford to go out demonstrating for weeks on end. If they are the democrats they say they are,they should be taking the message out to people in the country backing the candidates of their choice.

One hopes that once Mr Thaksin has been re elected, they will respect the decision of the Thai people and go home.

1. Not ironic; that's why they chose this place to protest

2. They were protesting for Thaksin to resign; he has called a snap election that fails to allow sufficient time for disatisfied party members to defect; therefore they call him out and feel it is, as I mentioned somewhere else, like asking for debate, but only allowing 3 seconds for the opponent to respond. Therefore... the snap election is pointless, and the response of the opposition (NOT THE PAD, they are different you understand) has been to boycott a battle they cannot win (due mostly to the 90 day rule, which Taksin was totally aware of when he called a snap election)

3. Most voters here are poor, rural and uneducated and are paid to vote for whoever their headman tells them to. Particularly Isaan. 70% of Thailand is rural and poor. However... just because 70% of the country is rural and poor and uneducated many without an inability to budget, strategically plan the future or add value to a country doesn't mean that the leaders should be the same or listen to that group. Far from it, the poor are the ones who need to most help in learning how to move up the value chain; giving them free money, cheap loans, and a health care scheme that is not able to sustain itself (much like the diesel subsidy) is not the right way

. BTW most Thais? Are you Thai? How many Thai people do you know? I can assure you that most of the people protesting (many academics, BKKians, and so on) are outraged by this; and have the education and knowledge to understand that there may be another choice. They may not represent the majority, but they have as much right to speak out as any one else; or are you preferring that only poor farmers have the right to speak and run the country, given that 70% of Thailand fits in this group?

4. If these protestors are so rich and can afford the time off; how come we have a similar group camped out in Jatujact supporting the PM? Oh that's right, if the rumours are right, he paid them to do it.

5. The PM is astute and understands most of the voters are poor, uneducated and can be bribed before and after the election to like him. That's how popularist leaders work. However, just because he is elected (or not) by the majority should not impact the right of people to protest; it happens in France, USA, England, NZ, Australia and other countries; are you denying us the right to do it here?

6. I do agree with you; the democrats (who are NOT outside Paragon, that's Sondhi's mob) have done a terrible job of communicating and listening to the poor. That's what has led to this mess; sadly Taksin is now doing the same thing ignoring the people who are smart enough to know what he is up to. If he was smart, he would meet both group's needs, by stepping down, handing power to Somkid and retaining some form of power as a non elected advisor. He would become a hero to all. And TRT would retain power, and he could continue doing all his corruption and fun stuff as long as he wanted.

Instead... he is going to pursue a course of action that eventually will result in him losing power, OR the country going into recession as his caretaker govt fails to get 500 seats (I could be wrong about this, he could pay off a few judges like he alledgedly did in his corruption case and like was done in the admissions process for Chula and Kaset for his children, alledgedly)

As the saying goes, votes are bought in the East; govts get elected by the east, but politicians get thrown out in BKK. Let's remember that this mob you dislike so much are much the same people that got rid of the army rule. Twice.

You perhaps are not aware of a former PM General who moved all his money out of the country, devalued the Baht, and then brought it all back the next day doubling his fortune. He got away with it, is still in politics, and a member of the present government!

Good point (wish I was in the exchange that day!)

Taksin will go all the way, what hhe did may be wrong in many peoples eyes but in terms of his performance through this crisis he has observed democratic law, I believe he will succeed.

You may well be right. Taksin has so far wrong footed the PAD on more than a few occasions and this is another example of a great strategy to keep the moral high ground, divide & conquer. He is a great strategist but I just don’t see the anger going away once a certain line is crossed.

Previously there were plenty of ways to intimidate the protestors but I think there is a very strong shift underway in Thailand, including in the military, towards being more democratic (whatever that actually means!).

I have a feeling in my waters the middle class is firstly a lot more educated, savvy and militant than at any time before (including the return of lots of overseas educated students) and secondly ultimately the middle class simply has more ‘power’ to change the situation, assuming no military/police intervention, through a long campaign of civil disobedience than the less well off class.

I don't know the exact percentages but Thailand is a triangle economy say < 1% stinking rich, maybe > 20% so called middle class, 80% ish the rest. 10m people live in Bangkok, 56m or so rest of Thailand and of them most believe they were/will continue to be better off with Taksin regardless of what we non Thai observers think.

Yep good point, I try to bounce this stuff of a couple of Thai’s first, to not view it through my beady farang eyes- maybe for fun tomorrow I will ask them which segment they come from!

cheers

Your Issan family would be shopping there like crazy if they had the money. The whole world is shopping mall. I live in Tak province withh a Thai family. They want the good things of life in terms of materail things just like everyone elese. Issan is not a big Buddhist monestary. Normal people normal desires.

My wife is a poor ignorant Isaan girl. If you think for a minute that the village headman is going to tell her how to vote you BETTER think again. What I see is a bunch of ignorant farang know it alls interfering with the people who will eventually do the right thing.

The learned academics had a large input in writing the constitution. It came down to Let's vote! Now the vote doesn't please them so they want to revert to mob rule. What if Thaksin resigns tomorrow? Who is going to replace him?

My wife is a poor ignorant Isaan girl. If you think for a minute that the village headman is going to tell her how to vote you BETTER think again. What I see is a bunch of ignorant farang know it alls interfering with the people who will eventually do the right thing.

The learned academics had a large input in writing the constitution. It came down to Let's vote! Now the vote doesn't please them so they want to revert to mob rule. What if Thaksin resigns tomorrow? Who is going to replace him?

I am Thai. My family have been asked to pay 10m baht in one particular district and also to distribute to others (given that we employ numerous workers there) in order that they vote a specific way. [no, AFAIK we are not getting involved with any of this, although a bit tough given that in this area, I have one direct relative in a position of power who is very pro TRT and he is the one asking for the help]

Were we to choose to do so, then yes, most of the people would do exactly what we asked them to.

Not all people in Isaan are ignorant. Not all can be paid to vote. Not all are poor. But many are, and many DO get told exactly how to vote. And do as they are told. A few days ago a group of them are sitting right near my house in Jatujact chanting how great the PM is.

Does that answer your question regarding my ability to comment?

Were Taksin to resign tomorrow, he COULD hand power to Somkid and avoid almost all the problems. But he has chosen another angle....let's see what happens.

Wealth distribution is fairly similar to USA, and is fairly stacked at one end, with a few people having most of the money. Check out GINI index or Lorenz curves, to back this up. If I recall corectly, the richest 10% have about 15 times the wealth of the poorest 10%. Scandanavia is the area where the wealth distribution is far more 'fair' where the rich and the poor are less disparate.

Edited by steveromagnino

My wife is a poor ignorant Isaan girl. Darned glad you said that Gary ... had anyone else pointed out the obvious, someone would have gotten in trouble!!! If you think for a minute that the village headman is going to tell her how to vote you BETTER think again. What I see is a bunch of ignorant farang know it alls interfering with the people who will eventually do the right thing. Exactly which "ignorant farang know it alls" <sic ... wow both ignorant AND know-it-alls> are interfering ... and interfering in what way?

The learned academics had a large input in writing the constitution. It came down to Let's vote! Now the vote doesn't please them so they want to revert to mob rule. What if Thaksin resigns tomorrow? Who is going to replace him? Doesn't really matter to PAD who replaces them. But imho just about anyone that's not gonna privatise the whole country to generate funds for populist spending ... but frankly it doesn't matter what I think ... I don't get to vote :-)

So gary ... what do you object to? People having an opinion that differs from yours?

(leftcross @ 2006-03-29 14:05:14)

i think this is where the anti-thaksin clowns are going to lose a lot of the sympathy of normal thai people.

-----------------------------

thailand must be the hub of clowns, if they are all clowns

no, just a small minority of clowns who like to wander around bangkok in their silly yellow headbands

businesses are having to be shut, people will lose wages and takings and hundreds of thousands will be affected by the traffic chaos that will ripple out all over the city.

------------------------------

yes there will be starvation, babys will not get their food, millions will die, due to this ralley

I think for many Thais it is word to stay 2 hours instead of 1 hour in the traffic jam, but get rid of Thaksin

wake up and smell the coffee. thaksin isn't going anywhere. your protest is pointless but nobody dare admit it.

surely enough is enough. it's time for the government to stop these people affecting ordinary people's lives.

if they want to protest then they should do it somewhere else.

---------------------------------

they changed already the place

i'm hoping the next venue is the crocodile farm

i

dont think the british government would allow a mass demonstration like this in piccadily circus or the us goverment in times square, new york.

---------------------------------

I guess that thats not really important, here in Thailand is neither the US nor the british gouverment in charge, and at the moment the protester do not intend to protest at the piccadily circus or times square. But a hint: Also Nord Korea or Mynmar would not allow such demonstrations

both are examples of advanced democracies. But a hint: democracy means the majority voting somebody into power.

it's time for the police to take a stand in the interest of the non-protesters

--------------------------------

what do you recommend, take the leaders and hang them in front of the paragon? Take the guns and shoot the mob? China has good experience with tanks, they are very efficient against peacefull demonstrations (additional advantage, afterwards you need less bodybags as you can fit 3-4 people in one.

I recommend you think what consequences your doing would have.....

your suggestions, however appealing, would only make marytrs of those involved. as for your mention of china, i refer you to your previous reply - we are not in China and the protesters don't intend to go to China blah blah blah. it will all blow over soon.

Govt condemns city rally

Government spokesman Surapong Suebwonglee lashed out Wenesday at the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), saying it had ignored pleas from broad sections of society that its protests would cause inconvenience at its new rally site near Siam Paragon.

"Compared to politically motivated bombings, the Siam Paragon protests are an unseen explosion disrupting the economy as well as the way of life for urban residents," he said.

So he's equating a peaceful, Constitutionally-guaranteed, rally and saying it's the same as a bomb? What a provocative, idiotic analogy from the anal-retentive Khun Surapong.

Surapong said the PAD should review its decision to assemble at such a busy shopping area.

He said members of the public should reprimand anti-Thaksin campaigners for the inconvenience they cause

they'd be better off reprimanding Thaksin for the "inconvenience" of his leadership for the past 5 years.

and for setting a "dangerous" precedent in forcing three major shopping malls to shut down.

yes.... being deprived of shopping is indeed seriously "dangerous".. :o

- TN

=====================================

Oak (Thaksin's boy-wonder son) avoided mob

Two shops belonging to Thaksin's son, Panthongtae "Oak" Shinawatra, were closed Wednesday.

Photo studio She@Mood and coffee shop Cafe' Inn on Siam Square Soi 2 were both closed.

On one of the doors was a piece of paper reading: "Closed to avoid the mob".

Hmmm... surprised it was not "Closed to avoid the b*tches" same as what he said to the middle-aged woman protesting yesterday

- TN

ahhhh ok, Thaksin's son losing business is REALLY SERIOUSLY dangerous...

Edited by sriracha john

Number of protesters estimated at over 100,000

At about 6:30 pm on Wednesday, field reporters estimated the number of anti-Thaksin protesters on Rama I Road at some 100,000.

The protesters occupied Rama I Road from the Pathumvan Intersection to Rajprasong Intersection.

Many protesters spilled over to Henri Dunant Road as protesters marched from Chulalongkorn University's Faculty of Arts to join the rally.

- TN

It also came to "politicians cannot own more than 5% of shares in any company and cannot take part in companies management". That's the part makes any votes on Thaksin irrelevant.

What if Thaksin resigns? Nothing. No one voted for Thaksin, new PM does not have to be re-elected. TRT will vote, internally, on a new party leader and the new party leader will form the new cabinet. No new rounds of elections, no fuss. He's not a president, he's just an MP who was elected as a PM by the Parlament, people have no say in the matter until the next elections, due in four years.

Thaksin caught PAD wrong footed? They forced him in the corner, he called snap elections that are not going anywhere. He can't be elected as a new PM because there will be no House. He calls for "national government" and invites Sondhi and Chamlong as ministers.

Yes, PAD wanted to stop the elections, but it isn't their ultimate goal, it was Thaksin's removal, long before the elections were called, and they are not going home until he leaves.

What IS my opinion? Years ago an obnoxious superior of mine told me not to concern myself with things I had no control over. At that time I failed to see the wisdom in his remark. I now see my adopted country sitting on a powder keg and am worrying about someone lighting the fuse. I was here in 1991 and was horrified by the violence. I simply want people to keep cool and settle this without resorting to jamming up the Bangkok streets and opening themselves up to retaliation from the people affected by their zeal to dispose of a democratically elected PM. Thaksin is a politician. In the past this country has had much worse and perhaps it's better the devil you know who is better than the devil you don't know. In my opinion this is not the right way to make political reforms. We farangs are in a bad position. We have opinions but we can do nothing. The best thing we can do is to shut up, keep cool and let the citizens get on with their business. :o

So gary ... what do you object to? People having an opinion that differs from yours?

Is it just me? or is there something not quote "balanced" about a guy telling other people not to remark/comment/show interest in Thai politics? (Isn't telling people that getting involved?)

I say DO get involved (in a safe and sane way) .... express your opinions! (with your friends and online etc and with newspapers etc.) and don't be a hypocrite ...( don't praise democracy and then complain about people practicing working with the sstem and protesting peacefully!)

Siam Paragon last night was reportedly crowded by a massive of anti-Thaksin group

The Siam Paragon shopping complex last night was crowded by a massive number of demonstrators, who demanded Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and his Cabinet member to withdraw from their political roles.

One of the leaders of the People’s Alliance for Democracy, Major-General Chamlong Srimuang (จำลอง ศรีเมือง), said that the PAD has reached its target as many people, including the businesspersons, have joined in the PAD demonstration last night.

The PAD has been divided into two groups. One of the groups has marched to the Office of the Election Commission (EC) to force the EC to implement its roles in a transparent manner. Another group has gathered at the Royal Thai Police to request Pol. Gen. Kovit Wattana (โกวิท วัฒนะ), the Commander of the Royal Thai Police, to reconsider the PAD’s letter, which accuses the premier of neglecting his duties.

Apart from the security measures provided by police, reporters said that police still provide security around the shopping mall, while Maj. Gen. Chamlong is planning on the PAD’s demonstration schedules.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 30 March 2006

It also came to "politicians cannot own more than 5% of shares in any company and cannot take part in companies management". That's the part makes any votes on Thaksin irrelevant.

What if Thaksin resigns? Nothing. No one voted for Thaksin, new PM does not have to be re-elected. TRT will vote, internally, on a new party leader and the new party leader will form the new cabinet. No new rounds of elections, no fuss. He's not a president, he's just an MP who was elected as a PM by the Parlament, people have no say in the matter until the next elections, due in four years.

Thaksin caught PAD wrong footed? They forced him in the corner, he called snap elections that are not going anywhere. He can't be elected as a new PM because there will be no House. He calls for "national government" and invites Sondhi and Chamlong as ministers.

Yes, PAD wanted to stop the elections, but it isn't their ultimate goal, it was Thaksin's removal, long before the elections were called, and they are not going home until he leaves.

PAD

Peoples Action (for) Democracy or

People AVOIDING Democracy!

Govt condemns city rally

Government spokesman Surapong Suebwonglee lashed out Wenesday at the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), saying it had ignored pleas from broad sections of society that its protests would cause inconvenience at its new rally site near Siam Paragon.

"Compared to politically motivated bombings, the Siam Paragon protests are an unseen explosion disrupting the economy as well as the way of life for urban residents," he said.

So he's equating a peaceful, Constitutionally-guaranteed, rally and saying it's the same as a bomb? What a provocative, idiotic analogy from the anal-retentive Khun Surapong.

Surapong said the PAD should review its decision to assemble at such a busy shopping area.

He said members of the public should reprimand anti-Thaksin campaigners for the inconvenience they cause

they'd be better off reprimanding Thaksin for the "inconvenience" of his leadership for the past 5 years.

and for setting a "dangerous" precedent in forcing three major shopping malls to shut down.

yes.... being deprived of shopping is indeed seriously "dangerous".. :o

- TN

=====================================

Oak (Thaksin's boy-wonder son) avoided mob

Two shops belonging to Thaksin's son, Panthongtae "Oak" Shinawatra, were closed Wednesday.

Photo studio She@Mood and coffee shop Cafe' Inn on Siam Square Soi 2 were both closed.

On one of the doors was a piece of paper reading: "Closed to avoid the mob".

Hmmm... surprised it was not "Closed to avoid the b*tches" same as what he said to the middle-aged woman protesting yesterday

- TN

ahhhh ok, Thaksin's son losing business is REALLY SERIOUSLY dangerous...

Elkangorito says, "Totally with you on this one, John".

What IS my opinion? Years ago an obnoxious superior of mine told me not to concern myself with things I had no control over. At that time I failed to see the wisdom in his remark. I now see my adopted country sitting on a powder keg and am worrying about someone lighting the fuse. I was here in 1991 and was horrified by the violence. I simply want people to keep cool and settle this without resorting to jamming up the Bangkok streets and opening themselves up to retaliation from the people affected by their zeal to dispose of a democratically elected PM. Thaksin is a politician. In the past this country has had much worse and perhaps it's better the devil you know who is better than the devil you don't know. In my opinion this is not the right way to make political reforms. We farangs are in a bad position. We have opinions but we can do nothing. The best thing we can do is to shut up, keep cool and let the citizens get on with their business. :D

So Gary, you "simply want people to keep cool and settle this without resorting to jamming up the Bangkok streets and opening themselves up to retaliation from the people affected by their zeal to dispose of a democratically elected PM."

What exactly are you worried about? People being slightly upset over such a sensitive issue? Oops!!! Can't have the 'shoppers' being upset, can we! As far as a possible concern for further civil unrest, if these protesters are NOT allowed to voice their democratic opinion, I would suggest that the resulting backlash will be far greater & longer lasting than if they are permitted to "have their say". Don't you realise that sitting on your bum & saying nothing, which seems to be something that you endorse, (all under the banner of 'keeping the peace') will only cause more trouble?

The proof of a "democracy" is the fact that people CAN protest without retribution from the government. Your comments seem to support a "shut up" ideal, whereby people will not be able to vent their frustrations. And we all know what happens when "the people" cannot vent their frustrations, don't we. It's called civil war!

At the end of the day & if people are allowed to "democratically" (is Thailand a democracy...or not?) exercise their right to "protest", it may change the face of Thailand. This process really only belongs to those who are legally allowed to stay in Thailand (ie not tourists). I reject, in every sense, the notion that I am a "visitor" to the country (I am Not a tourist). The world is NOT (as politicians tell us) separated into special sections. If one adopts the "I'm a visitor" attitude, change will be very slow at best. Of course, the key word here is "change". I believe that it is my personal responsibility to contribute to preventing Thailand from indulging in the disgusting "westernisation" that has destroyed the quality of life in many countries (the US in particular). This can only happen if I, in some way, can HAVE MY SAY. Maybe I can't vote but maybe I'll be a part of relevant demonstrations.

Sit down, shut your mouth & then totally accept all that happens as a result. That's what you can say if you don't do anything or it doesn't work out to your liking.

Edited by elkangorito

This is all unnecessary if you ask me!!! Just a whole lot of trouble for people in Thailand!!!!

What was wrong with Taksin Anyway???!!!!

All this comotion is just causing inconvenience was people in and around Bangkok!!![/size][/font]

Edited by bangkoksaint

This is all unnecessary if you ask me!!! Just a whole lot of trouble for people in Thailand!!!!

All this comotion is just causing inconvenience was people in and around Bangkok!!![/size][/font]

Yeah, let's forget about democracy, freedom of speech & a more stable goverment. These things pale to insignificance when people are 'inconvenienced'.

I'm glad you agree!!! :o

I'm just glad it's all over for now!!! How ever I do wish Taksin would think up some kind of way of coming back, He really did a lot in terms of making Thailand a better place economically. And considering he won 60% of the vote clearly states on how people in the country feel about him.

As for the oposition party, they are nothing but a bunch of idiots who have nothing else to do rather than distrupt a country!!!! :D

Yeah, let's forget about democracy, freedom of speech & a more stable goverment. These things pale to insignificance when people are 'inconvenienced'.

I wonder who paid for all the shirts these guys were wearing and the transport and the "tea" money... :o

Taksin won by democracy.This was a paid mob IMO.