C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

Not wishing to duplicate other threads. But at the time of writing this WETV have said nothing has been confirmed regarding any partnership with CTH.

Some posters in the football forum have said the local cable company in Udon Thani is on the ball and will begin to distribute boxes from 20th June.

Sophon Cable in Pattaya know nothing about it. However another poster found a shop that was selling the CTH satellite system there. One guy has already had the dish fitted there and is just awaiting the box.

If anyone hears anything regarding a WETV/CTH tie up, or if they see a shop distributing the equipment then please post here.

Only 72 days to go!

• Like 1

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, necessary to get the info out to everyone as soon as possible. I fear there could be a last minute demand of boxes or satellite systems come August, so would like to get this sorted sooner rather than later.

Btw, if anyone knows an engineer that can stick my 2nd hand true dish to my balcony, then please PM me. I need it for my GMM box, so I can also follow the mighty foxes! Got the cable and bracket all in place. 30 minute job max just needs attaching and pointing to the correct satellite.

At last CTH has some information on its website,but its all in Thai,and Google Translate

does not work on the page,what is there still does not answer any questions I have, like

where to buy a box,find an installer,how you will pay subscriptions,and a multitude of other

things I would like made clear.

They are offering discounts for long term subscriptions of up to 3 years, tempting to make

any savings,BUT i have already been conned quite a few times already with these Satellite

cowboys, at least 5 times in the past, I swore I would never buy another box again,but been

able to watch EPL at a reasonable cost is tempting,and I could cancel WeTV as CTH have

everything they have plus a lot more,also UKTV-Asia,at bht 490 +Wetv Bht350 cancel both

and that would pay for CTH, If CTH manage to get things up and running,with good customer

service,and reliability,they will give True big problems,which will make me very happy,as they

never returned my deposit when i canceled several years ago,and I hold a grudge and never

forget.

regards Worgeordie

I think that is why they are trying to partner with WETV, so they have a base here. WETV like other local cable ops have their own engineers too. Failing tie ups in certain areas, they will invite others to set up themselves in partnership with CTH. As soon as I know where I can get either satellite or cable I'll do it so not risking a last minute rush. Keeps your eyes peeled for the satellite system folks, as I reckon WETV are dragging their heels.

I think that is why they are trying to partner with WETV, so they have a base here. WETV like other local cable ops have their own engineers too. Failing tie ups in certain areas, they will invite others to set up themselves in partnership with CTH. As soon as I know where I can get either satellite or cable I'll do it so not risking a last minute rush. Keeps your eyes peeled for the satellite system folks, as I reckon WETV are dragging their heels.

Been into a local shop and she said that they will have the boxes in on the 15th July,

WTH is CTH ? 5555

Cable Thai Holding (CTH) is the company which will be transmitting English Premier League football from this new season.

It used to be on TrueVisions but they lost the bidding war !

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Where was the shop Alfie? If I see anymore I'll pop in and ask and post here.

Just a small shop near Bosang, when i get time i will go to the large shop on the rural road going towards the 700 year stadium, always seem to be quite clued up in there !

• Like 1

Been into a local shop and she said that they will have the boxes in on the 15th July,

Thats cutting it a bit fine IF they do get them by 15th July, as the new season starts 17th August, still too many things i need to know and cannot find the answers anywhere,like will it be a card system,will the box have dual languages,will pre match,half time and end of game be in English or use Thai pundits, they say they are going to broadcast on C band as well,will full line up of channels be on there as well as Ku ?,

Who will be their official agent in Chiang Mai, how will you pay your subscription and to whom ?,

Yes Alfie,the big Sat shop on second ring road ,up from Meechoke Plaza, might be the best place to find information ,as you would think a large distributor like that,CTH should have been in contact with them, or maybe not,they have paid a fortune for the rights to broadcast but seem to be in no hurry to really promote the service they are offering,articles in newspapers and a website in Thai only.

regards Worgeordie, PS I see their boxes are in white I hope they have black ones too.

Thats cutting it a bit fine IF they do get them by 15th July, as the new season starts 17th August, still too many things i need to know and cannot find the answers anywhere,like will it be a card system,will the box have dual languages,will pre match,half time and end of game be in English or use Thai pundits, they say they are going to broadcast on C band as well,will full line up of channels be on there as well as Ku ?,

Who will be their official agent in Chiang Mai, how will you pay your subscription and to whom ?,

Yes Alfie,the big Sat shop on second ring road ,up from Meechoke Plaza, might be the best place to find information ,as you would think a large distributor like that,CTH should have been in contact with them, or maybe not,they have paid a fortune for the rights to broadcast but seem to be in no hurry to really promote the service they are offering,articles in newspapers and a website in Thai only.

regards Worgeordie, PS I see their boxes are in white I hope they have black ones too.

I would think that when you get the EPL contract thats the whole lot such as what we have been seeing on True as this must be a worldwide package.

To be fair to CTH they only won the contract approx 5 months ago so thats a hell of a lot of work to get done in a short space of time.

I would fully expect CTH, in time, to have sales offices at the likes of Airport Plaza,Siam etc as TRUE do. Probably a bit early in the day as yet .Like worgeorgie posted a lot of unanswered question. I would also imagine that Bangkok,being where the greatest number of potential customers are will be the first to open sales offices and it will spread from there. Never thought i would see the day when TRUE would have genuine competition..wonderful

PS I see their boxes are in white I hope they have black ones too.

I don't care if they are pink as long as they receive EPL. biggrin.png

PS I see their boxes are in white I hope they have black ones too.

I don't care if they are pink as long as they receive EPL. biggrin.png

Surely in this day and age, your not allowed to say that you would hope their boxes are black and not just white smile.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Where was the shop Alfie? If I see anymore I'll pop in and ask and post here.

Just a small shop near Bosang, when i get time i will go to the large shop on the rural road going towards the 700 year stadium, always seem to be quite clued up in there !

Been but no joy, didn't know when they were are getting the boxes, same with a smaller shop in town bah.gif

It would seem that CTH are in no hurry to recoup their massive investment,or maybe they have bitten off

more than they could chew.

Their big problem is going to be getting all the installations of the equipment done ,as the demand is most

likely to exceed the number of technicians to do the job in time.

If only we could get a leaflet in English explaining everything we need to know,the fine print on their website

is unreadable,and they cannot even be bothered to have an English version.

If that big Sat shop on 2nd ring road,it must be the biggest in Chiang Mai,cannot give you any information,

then it looks like we might be seeing our first EPL game a few games into the season!

Regards Worgeordie

Has anyone heard or made further enquiries with local satellite shops about installing CTH satellite? I'm gonna have a scout around this weekend.

Good Luck, I hope you are able to find something out,please report your findings,

I would rather get everything installed and up and running before the EPL starts,

as I suspect its going to be a last minute rush.

regards Worgeordie

Has anyone heard or made further enquiries with local satellite shops about installing CTH satellite? I'm gonna have a scout around this weekend.

Good Luck, I hope you are able to find something out,please report your findings,

I would rather get everything installed and up and running before the EPL starts,

regards Worgeordie

Be patient WG, we're all in the same boat and would like to have everything installed before the season starts. Bangkok Blue and others are trying their best and I'm sure we will get the required information as soon as it happens. smile.png

regards Worgeordie

To be fair wg you seem very negative about about cth being up and running for the start of the season, so perhaps you would be better off getting out there, finding a shop and then perhaps you could then get your name down first on the waiting list 22.gif

I was told yesterday that CTH and WETV have reached an agreement for future transmissions,but no details as yet.

This sounds promising. Where did you hear this?

From a Thai friend who has now signed me up for installation when they are ready

I am doubtful if it would be the cable connection...I live out near Mee Choc.... and I think I would prefer satellite.

Another poster some days ago had said that CTH are also to beam down from the same satelite that True use.

If so, that would mean I dont need another dish,just the box.

I was told yesterday that CTH and WETV have reached an agreement for future transmissions,but no details as yet.

This sounds promising. Where did you hear this?

From a Thai friend who has now signed me up for installation when they are ready

I am doubtful if it would be the cable connection...I live out near Mee Choc.... and I think I would prefer satellite.

Another poster some days ago had said that CTH are also to beam down from the same satelite that True use.

If so, that would mean I dont need another dish,just the box.

I hope they can use the same dish.

Things are chugging along.