C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the same dish. True use a thaicom C-band satellite. CTH will use KU-band from vinasat 2.

Amen to that. No signal loss like every time a pigeon pisses on True's 75cm dish.

Yeah no problem getting another dish, just as long as it shows the EPL.

My signal used to go out when Marie Ramous of CNN said there were going to be heavy winds and rain......and she was talking about Indiana!

• Like 1

Not the same dish. True use a thaicom C-band satellite. CTH will use KU-band from vinasat 2.

I thought True use KU band,pretty sure they do as every time it rains signal

is lost, CTH is according to them use the Ku band from Vinasat 2 AND also

C band from Thaicom 5, C band would be a better choice especially if you

already have one,

regards Worgeordie

Has anyone heard or made further enquiries with local satellite shops about installing CTH satellite? I'm gonna have a scout around this weekend.

Good Luck, I hope you are able to find something out,please report your findings,

I would rather get everything installed and up and running before the EPL starts,

as I suspect its going to be a last minute rush.

regards Worgeordie

To be fair wg you seem very negative about about cth being up and running for the start of the season, so perhaps you would be better off getting out there, finding a shop and then perhaps you could then get your name down first on the waiting list 22.gif

Hi Alfie, I have been to Wetv and several other shops and they knew nowt, thats why I am

panicking ,just hope you are right and everything will be in place soon.the shops may get the

boxes and dishes, but then they have to be installed ...... not easy to get on a waiting list when

the dealers no nothing,and they are in the trade!

But I suppose everything will turn out fine....in the end. and after all its only football .

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

Last week while scanning through the free to air channels on vinasat 2 I noticed CTH promoting there future channels, these were on dedicated channels not just adverts. Might want to check it out, I remember the signal was breaking up even at 80% signal.

I've now heard WETV won't have the boxes until END of July. As soon as I hear of a satellite shop doing this, then I'll go down this route. I can see WETV being inundated with 3 weeks to go before the season starts and unable to cope with demand. Or phone up WETV when a satellite guy confirms a fit date and just pick whoever can do it first. I would like to think that WETV will stick loads of bollboards around town when they have the boxes, as they did this last year to advertise that they woukld show La Liga with RS.

I would really appreciate someone who could PM me the map of one or two satellite shops who could do this. Someone mentioned there was quite a popular one on the ring road.

Edited by bangkok blue

Hi Bangkok Blue, There is most likely the biggest Sat shop up the 2nd ring road,from Meechok Plaza to Town Hall, going up the

road its on the right, flags and dishes on the roof so you cannot miss it, If they don't know,the whys ,ifs ,and wherefores about CTH

then we are in trouble.

So looks like I was right to be concerned that we would be up and running before the start of the season,hope the factory in China

is working 24/7 making the boxes, but I can see the problem been having enough installers ,to fix the dishes and get everything

working,. boxes by end of July,bet thats not a firm date either.

regards Worgeordie

As long as the boxes are here then it'll be no issue I think. Providing they supply satellite shops with these by end of next week. It would make sense for them to do this, as they have a countdown on their website about when the new service will launch.

Spoke to a satellite shop in Samkampeng today. He said he's awaiting more info from BKK. He reckons he'll know more by next week. He also mentioned lots of people had made enquiries about this. With WETV looking like their gonna drag their heels until end of July, then I'll take the first option available.

• Like 1

Hi Bangkok Blue, good news at last,were you able to put yourself on

a waiting list,or will it just be waiting until they have stock?

Regards Worgeordie

They're doing the waiting list alphabetically

Just kidding - couldn't resist. biggrin.png

• Like 1

No, he advised to call back end of month when he's ready. Both big place and Samkampeng shop gave the impression that they knew about upcoming situation. Just a case of them getting equipment from BKK.

Did you get the impression that they will order sufficient supplies, or is it best to at least put an order in and which shop would be preferable (in your opinion)?

The guy at Samkampeng said many had asked, so i'd say he had a fair idea as to how many he'd need. Big satellite shop was just waiting from something from Bangkok. Or at least I think that's what he said. Maybe they don't know how many systems they'll be supplied with initially. I think all will be clearer this time next week for sure regarding installation date.

Thanks for all the helpful info Bangkok Blue. I'll give it a couple of weeks and then try to find one of the shops you've mentioned.

I'm new to Chiang Mai and still finding my way around, so does anyone have a phone number for them? I'll get my wife to call for directions.

Apart from EPL what else is on CTH?

Hi Jobo, just google CTH thailand and go to website, you will have to use google translate if

you want some kind of idea what they are saying, Its quite a good line up for the money.

Regards Worgeordie. PS not really worth going to Sat Shop just yet,as they know just as much

as we do and thats very little.

I'll call the Samkampeng one and the the big one on the 2nd ring road early next week. Service goes live in 2 days. I'll be very surprised if some equipment isn't available by the end of the month. Whether it's enough to satisfy demand is another question.

Ok, so things moving in the right direction at WETV. They have CTH staff working there at present and are currently testing out the signal. This test should be completed in July. She checked my address and was sure I could have the box from CTH. She took my number and said will call me when ready to install. Obviously WETV isn't the solution for everyone. If I hear anymore about satellite will post here.

That's good news, thanks for that but at the moment the quality of the picture on WE TV is not great (I have both True and WE TV). I hope they can sort this out and retain the HD on some of the channels. smile.png

They are using TOT to supply the signal!, that does not promote confidence,

if their Internet woes are anything to go by,we will not be able to watch between

1600 and 2000 hrs, so the best choice maybe via the dish,C band been the better

choice,no rain fade.

regards Worgeordie

There is no C-band. CTH satellite is KU-band only. TOT already have their own iptv service. This is provided via TOT's fibre optic cable lines, which I believe is a different system used for bog standard Internet and the one that will be adopted for CTH. Maybe that's why they're testing it, if that's not the case then it's satellite all the way for me.

I went into the CTH agents shop on Pattaya Tai yesterday. He said satellite boxes are due to be delivered at the start of July. We've signed up for CTH via satellite, which included free installation in 2 rooms. Dish due to be installed after the weekend and the box once it arrives, hopefully in 10 days or so.

if this is anything to go by it might give us an idea as to when things could be ready in Chiangmai.