C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_video_recorder

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you advising video recorders or letting the forum know you are the proud owner of a GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app?

The 'sent from' messages are automatically generated by some devices. Edited by Chiengmaijoe

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the app is available yet. I did see something about CTH launching its own Android based Internet / TVpackage but all in Thai, so minor details were lost on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I downloaded the app from the App Store, it tries to connect to your box but never does anything. Someone suggested that you need AIS 3G to connect but I've never had it confirmed. I use true 3G.

Apart from the football CTH is no comparison to True.

by the way, CTH have fixed their on screen Program guide at last.

Be grateful for a little more info about why you find True better than CTH-if that is what you mean? Thanks

Sorry Beau Thai, True has far more movie channels and other sport channels than CTH. The on screen menu/tv guide with true is far more user friendly, True's billing system works and their call centre answers the calls. nuff said. I need both unfortunately.

• Like 1

Be grateful for a little more info about why you find True better than CTH-if that is what you mean? Thanks

Sorry Beau Thai, True has far more movie channels and other sport channels than CTH. The on screen menu/tv guide with true is far more user friendly, True's billing system works and their call centre answers the calls. nuff said. I need both unfortunately.

True's billing system is more professional until you cancel and await your 2,000 baht deposit refund.It could of course be done in 7 days but they tell you 45 days .We are into day 79 and still no cheque .A visit to the CM office and the answer predictably, after consulting our details on the screen, "coming soon." We had the same experience when leaving Bangkok.Morally bankrupt company. The prog info on CTH is not on all stations most say,in Thai,to be advised which of course is very helpful.

You just have to assess which is best for you.

f it were not for football I would make do with IPM which we have on our second TV. Mostly Thai but excellent news ,in English, from Al Jazeera , Asia News and France 24 but limited movies. 2,300 baht,includes installation, dish, box, one off payment. haven't had a problem with reception. Down loading movies seems to be the way to go. True like the others seem to re cycle movies ad nauseum.

This has been a long running thread. Now that the CTH programming guide has been fixed I guess I should try it out.

Anyone had it installed recently? How long did it take?

Any consensus on the best place to call for the install? I'm located in Padaet if it helps.

Thanks - Grin

Very many thanks for elaborating on the differences between CTH/true. Is it too cheeky to ask why you need both though? And as you seem to be something of an expert consumer of this stuff, any thoughts on WeTV?? Gotta make my mind up soon....

Called the first number mentioned in the thread yesterday afternoon. Installer showed up at 9:00 this morning and was done by 11:00. Got the dish located where I wanted it and ran the cable through the plastic covering for an AC line so no cable is visible from the street. And since the cable was run into the attic next to the AC line no new holes had to be drilled.

Great picture quality here in Padaet with no degradation during the slight rain we had.

In the last hour I surfed all of the channels and found 29 with English. I'm not much of a TV watcher except for maybe sports but if I ever get bored I could probably find something to watch. All in all CTH seems like a pretty good deal.

- Grin

• Like 1

Called the first number mentioned in the thread yesterday afternoon. Installer showed up at 9:00 this morning and was done by 11:00. Got the dish located where I wanted it and ran the cable through the plastic covering for an AC line so no cable is visible from the street. And since the cable was run into the attic next to the AC line no new holes had to be drilled.

Great picture quality here in Padaet with no degradation during the slight rain we had.

In the last hour I surfed all of the channels and found 29 with English. I'm not much of a TV watcher except for maybe sports but if I ever get bored I could probably find something to watch. All in all CTH seems like a pretty good deal.

- Grin

Ok thanks. That's helped me make up my mind. I will be on cable in the condo and will lay out 24 months upfront to get 36 months bring it down to 600 a month. Rash maybe but where else can you get 33% return??!!

• 1 month later...

- Grin

Hi, can you tell me the phone number that you used? Also what was the total cost for installation, satellite receiver and payment options.

Thanks wai.gif

We have a pub with 4 screens, cant leave any holes in the coverage. CTH have poor billing, nothing for months, now a bill for 14,000 yrsterday.

Very many thanks for elaborating on the differences between CTH/true. Is it too cheeky to ask why you need both though? And as you seem to be something of an expert consumer of this stuff, any thoughts on WeTV?? Gotta make my mind up soon....

• Like 1

CTH's invoicing system is totally chaotic,waste of time ringing them .It takes them about 4-5 months to get it right but doubt they will cancel you ,they need all the viewers they can get. TRUE's invoicing system is superior,but they have been operating for years. Not so if you cancel and then it takes 5 months to get your deposit back.That's our experience anyway, on 2 occasions.

The choice between TRUE and CTH's programming is totally a personal thing. Both have loads of rubbish on obscure channels and at the end of the day you will probably just be down to a handful of programmes that suit your tastes whoever you choose.

- Grin

Hi, can you tell me the phone number that you used? Also what was the total cost for installation, satellite receiver and payment options.

Thanks wai.gif

The number I called was the first mentioned in this thread. It's not in my phone history anymore.

However, I did scan the invoice we received and paid about a week later at 7-Eleven.

We paid 1000 Baht cash for the installation and the invoice was for 3723.86 Baht.

That was for 2 months service at 961.93 Baht per month plus 1800 Baht deposit.

Grin

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have the real installation cost of the CTH system? And any recommendation in CM?

Went to the guy near Mungmai traffic lights yesterday and he wanted 5,000 Baht for HD and 2,800 for SD CTH installation, Suggested to him that it was expensive and that there was only one CTH box, and he said "I am satellite man" and virtually threw us (Thai wife and me) out of the shop.

Does anyone have the real installation cost of the CTH system? And any recommendation in CM?

Went to the guy near Mungmai traffic lights yesterday and he wanted 5,000 Baht for HD and 2,800 for SD CTH installation, Suggested to him that it was expensive and that there was only one CTH box, and he said "I am satellite man" and virtually threw us (Thai wife and me) out of the shop.

Go to Wetv - their business partners in Chiang Mai who do installation. Offices inside Moat just below Chang Puak. Check website or maybe phone to ask your questions. Did a very good job for me. Good luck

• Like 1

I would call the guy that BangkokBlue recommended. I also used them and they were very good.

PS. Think i paid 1700 but it could have been 1800 for the full HD installation.

Edited by MartinBKK
  • Like 1