C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

There is no C-band. CTH satellite is KU-band only. TOT already have their own iptv service. This is provided via TOT's fibre optic cable lines, which I believe is a different system used for bog standard Internet and the one that will be adopted for CTH. Maybe that's why they're testing it, if that's not the case then it's satellite all the way for me.

Hi Bangkok Blue, I read in the Bangkok Post they are also going to do C band,via

Thaicom 5, which is sensible when you think how many C dishes are out there,like

mine doing nothing. C band would be the best choice as it will not go off ,just as a

penalty is about to be taken ,and it starts to rain.

But there are so many unknowns about this company and if it can deliver what it promises.

regards Worgeordie

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting that CTH are planning to use Thaicom 5..( if the Bangkok Post article is to be believed.)That's the satellite used by True Visions. It's a long shot I know but could this mean that True hasn't given up yet and are trying to do some sort of deal with CTH? After all CTH paid four times what True did for the rights and maybe they've done the figures and they're not as rosy as they looked at the time of bidding.

Just trying to be optimistic, that's all.

That's interesting that CTH are planning to use Thaicom 5..( if the Bangkok Post article is to be believed.)That's the satellite used by True Visions. It's a long shot I know but could this mean that True hasn't given up yet and are trying to do some sort of deal with CTH? After all CTH paid four times what True did for the rights and maybe they've done the figures and they're not as rosy as they looked at the time of bidding.

Just trying to be optimistic, that's all.

The same thought crossed my mind when the TRUE technician did some signal adjustments at our place last week and he made the same statement, ie TRUE are negotiating with CTH. Then again maybe he had been told to tell customers that line ,time will tell.....

I'll eat my collection of football strips if TRUE SPORT channels show any EPL! Just makes no business sense whatsoever to buy transponder space on Vinasat and have own boxes and dishes made and branded, to then go into partnership with TRUE.

bb, i think it's people still with True clutching at straws whistling.gif

Anything is possible in Thailand, most businesses in Thailand are

partnerships,they seem to like to spread the risk,But just because

CTH (so they say) are going to use ThaiCom 5, it will be only C band,

and True only uses Ku Band.

They had a show in Bangkok promoting CTH,from 20-23 June,just hope

they do the same in Chiang Mai,as I have so many unanswered questions,

and would also like to read the fine print ,that is unreadable on their website,

regards Worgeordie

I'll eat my collection of football strips if TRUE SPORT channels show any EPL! Just makes no business sense whatsoever to buy transponder space on Vinasat and have own boxes and dishes made and branded, to then go into partnership with TRUE.

bb, i think it's people still with True clutching at straws whistling.gif

I think they're clutching at straws because their missus is clutching them by the balls!

We've already seen posters who have said taking off Star World has ruined their family's life, and taking away True altogether might just be one step to far to resurrect the partnership.

If True do a deal so be it, I'll re-sign with whoever gives me the EPL coverage, but I won't keep it just in case it might.

My local satellite shop has said that they will getting boxes in next week so i reckon about the first week in Aug :rolleyes:

Hi Alfie, do you mean July? regards Worgordie
It's called sarcasm. The roll eyes was a clue.

I went to the WETV office today and they still don' t know when the boxes will arrive but put me on the waiting list anyway. She suggested they would be using the WETV cable connection, which I have, but I thought it was supposed to be satellite connection. Maybe both?

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

My local satellite shop has said that they will getting boxes in next week so i reckon about the first week in Aug rolleyes.gif

Nah, he's always had problems with his dates. biggrin.png

EPL sounding promising chaps. thumbsup.gif

My local satellite shop has said that they will getting boxes in next week so i reckon about the first week in Aug rolleyes.gif

Nah, he's always had problems with his dates. biggrin.png

EPL sounding promising chaps. thumbsup.gif

Yes, normally too sticky to get out of the box laugh.png

I just checked the calendar. Today is still this month. So is tomorrow. Relatively speaking, next month is this month too. If you're not sure what I mean, wait until Monday and you'll see. Just to re- confirm what I said, call the guy at the cable store on Monday. Better still look up the old saying "next month never comes".

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

I just checked the calendar. Today is still this month. So is tomorrow. Relatively speaking, next month is this month too. If you're not sure what I mean, wait until Monday and you'll see. Just to re- confirm what I said, call the guy at the cable store on Monday. Better still look up the old saying "next month never comes".

I'm lost 40.gifbiggrin.png

I'm lost 40.gif:D

Try google maps, or GPS. That should be able to find you within a few metres. You should be able to see yourself from there.

I have registered with WETV for a box on the belief that they'll have them before the local cable guy. That may be worth trying, but don't tell everyone!

Its a bit like trying to find the Holy Grail,finding a CTH box or even

a firm date for delivery, as CTH had a big promotion in Bangkok

I wonder who will get the first consignment of boxes from China,

Anyone know what encryption they will be using ,could be an

opportunity for the pirates to return to business.just wondering,

my self I would never ever go that route !

regards Worgeordie

As much as I love EPL, I don't think this is worth stressing over, it will happen one day (hopefully).

Bangkok Blue has been a real gem on the case, supported by others, I know alfieconn has been doing a lot of running around. I'm sure as soon as something happens these guys will put us all in the picture.thumbsup.gif

As much as I love EPL, I don't think this is worth stressing over, it will happen one day (hopefully).

Bangkok Blue has been a real gem on the case, supported by others, I know alfieconn has been doing a lot of running around. I'm sure as soon as something happens these guys will put us all in the picture.thumbsup.gif

One would have thought that CTH would make some public announcement regarding the start date and supply of equipment.Made a lot of noise on the launch and now the sounds of silence.

Our local Hang Dong shop says he has no idea after speaking to CTH when, and he will not make any promises because he doesn't want any grief from customers.

Cudos to the guys doing the leg work.

I have almost given up on seeing the opening games now........just as well my team got relegated, I won't be missing anything importantsad.png

Cudos to the guys doing the leg work.

I have almost given up on seeing the opening games now........just as well my team got relegated, I won't be missing anything importantsad.png

You'll just have to do some reading instead. biggrin.png

Guy at Samkampeng shop reckons July. Taken my number this time to call me when he receives the equipment.

When these people receive the equipment and install it, I presume there is then a contract with CTH to turn on the signal after a contract has been signed etc. Has anyone given any indication of the connection between them supplying the goods and how the service will be paid for?

Guy at Samkampeng shop reckons July. Taken my number this time to call me when he receives the equipment.

When these people receive the equipment and install it, I presume there is then a contract with CTH to turn on the signal after a contract has been signed etc. Has anyone given any indication of the connection between them supplying the goods and how the service will be paid for?

Hi Uptheos, Thats just another question of the many that needs answering, they seem to be doing a terrible job of promoting their service,they had a launch party in Bangkok last week,but up here in Chiang Mai we are in the dark, even if they just printed some leaflets out in Thai and English and sent them out to their would be distributors ,it would be something.

regards Worgeordie

I'm hedging my bets in all places possible at the moment. On the waiting list for the satellite shop in Samkampeng, WETV have my details too. Around the end of May, beginning of June phoned CTH, they took my details, Also covered bases by doing this on their website. Phoned their new call centre today; 1619 and they had no info of me registering whatsoever. No worries, she took my details again. Sounded more like a call centre than the last time I called, with lots of operators babbling away in the background. I didn't bother asking to speak to someone in English and managed to do it all in Thai. The girl I spoke to advised that cable and satellite available in Chiangmai, she did say going the satellite route would be quicker. I said I don't care which, as long as it's done in time for the first game. She advised I'll get a call back in 2-3 weeks. Gonna give it till 17th July now, exactly one month before season starts before I follow up with anyone now.

I'm hedging my bets in all places possible at the moment. On the waiting list for the satellite shop in Samkampeng, WETV have my details too. Around the end of May, beginning of June phoned CTH, they took my details, Also covered bases by doing this on their website. Phoned their new call centre today; 1619 and they had no info of me registering whatsoever. No worries, she took my details again. Sounded more like a call centre than the last time I called, with lots of operators babbling away in the background. I didn't bother asking to speak to someone in English and managed to do it all in Thai. The girl I spoke to advised that cable and satellite available in Chiangmai, she did say going the satellite route would be quicker. I said I don't care which, as long as it's done in time for the first game. She advised I'll get a call back in 2-3 weeks. Gonna give it till 17th July now, exactly one month before season starts before I follow up with anyone now.

Good man, doing all that leg- work and keeping us informed. Stressful times for us football fans.

Just a quickie.....my Thai friend came along today for copies of my passport and rental agreement....he says the dish should be installed in 2 weeks....I didnt ask him if it is WETV or private shop... I will sign up for the 1 year option and save 2 months payments I think.

Just a quickie.....my Thai friend came along today for copies of my passport and rental agreement....he says the dish should be installed in 2 weeks....I didnt ask him if it is WETV or private shop... I will sign up for the 1 year option and save 2 months payments I think.

So, who is the contract actually with the shop, or CTH? Who would you pay if you opted monthly?

What's the situation re maintenance i.e. signal goes down or some other problem, box etc?

In Pattaya you can get any installer to install CTH.

They get the boxes from the main distributor.

1800 Baht deposit and 200 Baht administration fee.

Monthly box rental is 125 Baht/month (CTH remains the owner of te box), plus your subscription.

The local installer just charges you for installation/dish (which is yours to keep).

CTH sends you monthly bill,.can pay at counter service (7/11 etc).

First load arrives here in Pattaya at the distributor tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1