C T H In Chiangmai?

bangkok blue

The WETV website has a link up now to CTH, says 350 a month if you register before 30/08. Not sure if that is on top of the 350 already. Also has anyone else not received their WETV bills the last few months? Cheers

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pattaya you can get any installer to install CTH.

They get the boxes from the main distributor.

1800 Baht deposit and 200 Baht administration fee.

Monthly box rental is 125 Baht/month (CTH remains the owner of te box), plus your subscription.

The local installer just charges you for installation/dish (which is yours to keep).

CTH sends you monthly bill,.can pay at counter service (7/11 etc).

First load arrives here in Pattaya at the distributor tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Love those administration fees and what is the estimated cost of the dish and installation ? my local bloke hasn't got a clue. Is it only me but it all seems very vague and unprofessional.

• Like 1

Ok guys, looking unlikely WETV gonna be ready in time according to a friend of mine there. Gonna take about a month - a month and a half before the CTH signal and box roll out is ready. Satellite now looking best option. I've noticed a few more TOT service trucks doing things around town recently. Don't know if that has anything to do with their new service. It also looks like WETV will run two systems. The existing analogue service and the CTH channels via a HD box.

Local shop rang yesterday about CTH so i popped in today, unfortunately the lady speaks minimal english.

Basicly nothing made sense ! she showed me a price list that she claims she got from CTH where the figs didn't add up and the total came too 8,224 baht, after me querying she rang CTH and come back with 5,300 baht, she then showed me a contract that didn't have any figs on it at all.

Anyway she gave me directions too another shop that already has CTH set up so hopefully i will pop in there tomorrow to investiagte further.

Alfie ( Sherlock Holmes ) Conn

Local shop rang yesterday about CTH so i popped in today, unfortunately the lady speaks minimal english.

Basicly nothing made sense ! she showed me a price list that she claims she got from CTH where the figs didn't add up and the total came too 8,224 baht, after me querying she rang CTH and come back with 5,300 baht, she then showed me a contract that didn't have any figs on it at all.

Anyway she gave me directions too another shop that already has CTH set up so hopefully i will pop in there tomorrow to investiagte further.

Did she point you in the direction with her lips? biggrin.png

thi nooooooon

Edited by uptheos

CTH They seem a right mickey mouse outfit. Makes you wonder how they ever got the contract for the EPL without an up and running National TV system. Any way with internet you can get all the sports you want

Thanks Phillip, that's great.......can you please give a link to somewhere showing all EPL matches every week on the Internet? wai.gif

let me know about this shop please. The whole initial set up cost for single point shouldn't come to more than 3400 by my calculations! 1800box dep + 200 admin + 500 installation + 899 first payment up front (if needed). Gonna be some angry folk out there if private satellite shops start taking advantage of situation!

let me know about this shop please. The whole initial set up cost for single point shouldn't come to more than 3400 by my calculations! 1800box dep + 200 admin + 500 installation + 899 first payment up front (if needed). Gonna be some angry folk out there if private satellite shops start taking advantage of situation!

Satellite dish?

CTH They seem a right mickey mouse outfit. Makes you wonder how they ever got the contract for the EPL without an up and running National TV system. Any way with internet you can get all the sports you want

Thanks Phillip, that's great.......can you please give a link to somewhere showing all EPL matches every week on the Internet? wai.gif

www.eplsite.com

• Like 1

The whole CTH situation seems to get more confusing. My (Thai) wife rang the Bangkok office today and I gave her a specific, short, list of questions to ask.They seem to have back tracked on their original advice,some weeks ago, that they would open a CM office and then she insisted that we had to sign a min 2 year deal as no other options were available.My wife reminded her that their official web site outlines a range of promotional contracts commencing at short term to longer contracts.The CTH girl wouldn't budge on her advice so it ended in a stalemate. Not sure about you guys but no way are we going to commit to a long term deal with a company that can't get its act together.

Was that a 2 year deal up front payment? As in get 3rd year for free deal? Or was it just minimum length of contract? No one mentioned that to me when I rang the other day. It did say on website minimum contract 12mths. If cal early 2000bht fee. Check the FAQ link and throw that at them. A lot of these call centre staff probably on commission.

People will be crying out for True to come back into the EPL business after mixing with this CTH mob. Please come back True. We love you!

True offered a fantastic service.

EPL coverage was 2nd to none, customer service was excellent.

The channels offered by CTH are very low quality so other than footy I doubt the tv will be used by myself.

Their fat cats must be laughing right now, CTH is a joke. Staff in their shops have been left clueless, emails are not answered, call center English option is never available.

Comeback UBC you screwed up on the Euros and WC but all is forgiven.

Edited by maccat

That was my thinking bb, this lady implied that this was a general price list, she thought this was too expensive and she wouldn't be stocking CTH,she also mentioned the other shop and 200,000 facepalm.gif

200000???? I've advised my journalist friend at the nation about this case. She's gonna try and speak to CTH. Also mentioned about lack of info in english too. Let me know how you get on at the other shop please.

Would be interesting to here how the big advertisers for EPL (Thai Air, Emirates, Singha etc) are reacting to to this.

They won't be happy if a large percentage of such a big market is unable to be reached.

CTH came 9oclock for installation.

Bigger dish than true. took 3 hours to find good reception,but good picture finaly.

Paid 1,930 baht for the installation.....15 days free viewing then 961 baht a month if I dont pay in advance.

So...am now waiting for 17th Aug...Arsenal v Aston Villa !!

Well done genesis!!! First report of someone actually being fitted! Who did you use to get sorted? Was it CTH office in BKK, Or local satellite company? Was 1930bht installation including box deposit or extra?

Installation was done ...(I think)... by the big satelite shop on the ring road.Box deposit will come as a bill from CTH after the 15 day free trial.

Had a quick browse through the CTH channels...seemed plenty of different sports channels there....will be interesting to see if any of the English teams on tour in Asia get aired.

Just called shop on 2nd ring road they don't know anything about it, nor do they have any CTH equipment. Girl was helpful though she says they know someone who does do CTH and will pass my number onto them to call me back. Maybe that was who fitted your dish today. If you do find the contact details I'd appreciate it.

This CTH carry on has everything for a great mystery novel,

or a disaster movie more like it. a mystery wrapped up in a

conundrum

Great ,someone at last has it installed, and up and running,

but does not seem to know which company installed it .!

regards Worgeordie

Well done genesis!!! First report of someone actually being fitted! Who did you use to get sorted? Was it CTH office in BKK, Or local satellite company? Was 1930bht installation including box deposit or extra?

Installation was done ...(I think)... by the big satelite shop on the ring road.Box deposit will come as a bill from CTH after the 15 day free trial.

Had a quick browse through the CTH channels...seemed plenty of different sports channels there....will be interesting to see if any of the English teams on tour in Asia get aired.

Any address or phone numbers on the paperwork?

What exactly did the paperwork consist of?

CTH call centre staff leaves a lot to be desired. Thought I had a call from them today ( turned out it was AIS ) line went dead, so called back. First operator cut me off, 2nd was plain rude saying must wait must wait!!! 3rd the girl actually checked my details to see if someone had called. She advised a long que and gonna be a month til connected. She promised before football starts, but I suppose she's been told to say that.

Papers minimal,just reeipts of money paid. I understand paperwork will come after the 15 days....we will see.

Incidentaly,my thai friend who had arranged the installation for me and lives the other side of town ,had his installation the same day with 3 boxes. Doesnt seem that there is any shortages with the boxes !!!

Phone number on receipt are 053601344 & 053800989..address in Thai

Papers minimal,just reeipts of money paid. I understand paperwork will come after the 15 days....we will see.

Incidentaly,my thai friend who had arranged the installation for me and lives the other side of town ,had his installation the same day with 3 boxes. Doesnt seem that there is any shortages with the boxes !!!

Phone number on receipt are 053601344 & 053800989..address in Thai

Thanks for that information, much appreciated.

Can I ask, when you signed up did they need to see anything, such as house lease, permission from owner, copies of owners ID and house registration, permission to install from the owner etc?