Big Plane In Chiang Mai

briley

Rtwo...?Ready to whip out? well he certainly pulled pauly and Majeo's pissers :D

Is this code, or are you normally obtuse? :D

So, Rtwo has access to military cargo movements in open doors Thailand. He passes on the info in a one liner and I don't take him seriously.. Silly me. Obtuse? corect word wrong context :o

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air freightable "military equipment" is usually designed so that it can be broken down into components, so its transport is not dependent on one type of aircraft.

My brother (who worked for many years in the Asian air cargo business) tells me that the usual cargo for this particular aircraft is earth-moving or other civilian construction equipment.

Regards

M

When someone says 'military' I tend to shut up and close my eyes.

But MarkyMark could have hit on the answer, something to do with the runway extension?

Whatever, if the plane comes back look out for it as it is interesting to watch.

Air freightable "military equipment" is usually designed so that it can be broken down into components, so its transport is not dependent on one type of aircraft.

My brother (who worked for many years in the Asian air cargo business) tells me that the usual cargo for this particular aircraft is earth-moving or other civilian construction equipment.

Regards

M

Things like "America Cup" yacht hulls.Masts etc.

Things that will not fit in a common aircraft or in say a 747 Freighter

In Afghanistan, the Anatov would land every day loaded with standard shipping containers. These were normally headed to an embassy, who due to security concerns didn't want to wait the normal 21 days trans ocean/overland through Pakistan route.

While heavy equipment is a possibility, somewhat doubtful, the cost to transport via the Anatov would be prohibitive, considering that most major earth moving pieces of equipment can be roaded from Bangkok. Most of the required equipment for the "Proposed" runway expansion is already here in Chiangmai anyway.

As to why the Anatov landed in Chiangmai, your guess is as good as mine.........

As to why the Anatov landed in Chiangmai, your guess is as good as mine.........

Maybe flowers? High profit items that are usually air freighted to destintion. The flower export business has been growing up in the hills. Fully loaded Anatov at maximum weight with construction or military equipment might be dicey coming or leaving from CNX, but filled with flowers, no problem.

Maybe flowers? High profit items that are usually air freighted to destintion. The flower export business has been growing up in the hills. Fully loaded Anatov at maximum weight with construction or military equipment might be dicey coming or leaving from CNX, but filled with flowers, no problem.

strewth, that would be a shit load of flowers.

How do you know that?

So if it landed here before did you see them unloading all this equipment?

Not that I really care...but please qualify how you know this

I'd like to know too, or was it a first post attention grabber? :o

I know somebody who works at the airport

How do you know that?

So if it landed here before did you see them unloading all this equipment?

Not that I really care...but please qualify how you know this

I'd like to know too, or was it a first post attention grabber? :D

Rtwo...?Ready to whip out? well he certainly pulled pauly and Majeo's pissers :D

Yes, sorry I wasn't quite prepared for all this third degree, somebody simply asked what it was carrying and I just passed on what I knew to be a fact. 27 years of living in Thailand and shot down on the first sortie. Oh well, sorry to rock the boat guys :o

rtwo, just being stupid here, but I have a question:

Inasmuch as the Thai Military have NO Russian aircraft in their inventory, why do you think they would lease an Anatov, when the have two C-5 Galaxie's on the ramp in Utapao?

Thats a good question!

Rtwo, thanks for clarifying your situation.. we do get a few here that know nothing of what they are talking about (me included) so its only natural for people to be somewhat sceptical

A sceptcial attitude is the only sensible approach to many things here so long as you don't end up all bitter and twisted. I find just looking and listening a lot helps and it's best if you don't let them know that you can understand spoken and wriitten Thai until you really have to.

I will attempt to find out some about what was onboard and if and when the thing is likely to land again.

Rtw...you forgot to add your post matey!!

Yes sorry about that, I could say it was caus I had 4 windows open at one time on 2 computers, that I was in the middle of washing the car (isn't the rain early this year?) or just admit I'm useless...I leave you to decide.

No - just the March April storms, the rain is still to come. The difference being storms flood my condo, rain doesn't.

And RTWO don't worry about being questioned, some are questioning whether I saw the plane or not. Fortunately my wife saw it as well and agrees with me (but then she always does - NOT).

For someone else the Antinov carries cargo from many countries not just Russia. In addition I believe it is from the Ukraine which might or might not be part of Russia these days!

No - just the March April storms, the rain is still to come. The difference being storms flood my condo, rain doesn't.

And RTWO don't worry about being questioned, some are questioning whether I saw the plane or not. Fortunately my wife saw it as well and agrees with me (but then she always does - NOT).

For someone else the Antinov carries cargo from many countries not just Russia. In addition I believe it is from the Ukraine which might or might not be part of Russia these days!

They probably spend very little time in the Ukraine at all.As the worlds largest commercial freighters, I think you can be assured that they are indeed large "tramp" aircraft...going where the business is. :o

Edited by chuchok

Like TP said, plenty of nonsense is spouted here, and I don't know you.

My apologies if any offence was taken :o

Thats a good question!

Rtwo, thanks for clarifying your situation.. we do get a few here that know nothing of what they are talking about (me included) so its only natural for people to be somewhat sceptical

A sceptcial attitude is the only sensible approach to many things here so long as you don't end up all bitter and twisted.

I am certainly TWISTED :D ... and my wife says I'm slightly BITTER than nothing :D

Anyway..back to the plane...we had a large party of Russiians at our Restaurant a few weeks ago all wearing fatigues..drank 60 bottles of vodaka and left hurridly saying theye had a plane to catch

From what I could gather they had been shopping for russian dolls in Baan Tawai :o

And if you beleive that you'll beleive ANYTHING :D

Thats a good question!

A sceptcial attitude is the only sensible approach to many things here so long as you don't end up all bitter and twisted.

I am certainly TWISTED :D ... and my wife says I'm slightly BITTER than nothing :D

Anyway..back to the plane...we had a large party of Russiians at our Restaurant a few weeks ago all wearing fatigues..drank 60 bottles of vodaka and left hurridly saying theye had a plane to catch

From what I could gather they had been shopping for russian dolls in Baan Tawai :o

Been drinking for many, many years and i can tell you dat vodaka stuff is de best. But very hard to fine in CM. Where did you ever find 60 bottles?? Must have been a very large Po ta toe crop.

Now we know the truth. The large plane was a Piper Cub and 60 bottles of Vodaka, well it gets bigger u no

:D:D

Thats a good question!

Been drinking for many, many years and i can tell you dat vodaka stuff is de best. But very hard to fine in CM. Where did you ever find 60 bottles?? Must have been a very large Po ta toe crop.

Now we know the truth. The large plane was a Piper Cub and 60 bottles of Vodaka, well it gets bigger u no

:D:D

I distilled it MYSELF... anything thats over 90% proof ... nobody's gonna know if its alcohol or Rocket Fuel :D