Drunk Isaan. People Every Day In Our Village

Sandman77

Hello!

I live now a have year in the Isaan build a house together with my gf now wife, but the sourounding of people scary me!

3 days ago a 34 old man drink to much after he was hospitaleized many time, now the stomage broken and the man die,

After 3 days tempel celebration, including the deep bass nonstop in the night my ear not want hear it!

our nabours stop talking with us, because the Falang not give money for buy whiskey and beer!

Every Molam dancing party I visit, turned , into a fighting scene in the night

When police catch some the put it in a container light box, so that the public can look eye to eye with the bad man!

Farmer woman also drunk on day time or talk loud in the night !

Most of them not want Pay the bill in the shop for the beer!

When I tell my wife I want go another location she not want, there are many other story's I could tell, but I wait now the aswer!, maybe I not alone with this problems..

I go home in one month over the summer time, but when I come back in December then everything will be same!

How long time living expats handle this problem?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This "party" exhibition you describe is indeed getting more and more normal in Isan.

And thanks to the growing poverty in the rural areas with thanks to the T-Government, things will get worse.

There is les and less work, the 300 baht per day wage rule is not adhered to, the prices go up, and more and more people loose their jobs.

It will get worse, trust me!

• Like 2

Either you can take it or you can't. Many of my neighbours don't talk to me, no problem. I have some friends here and a good honest family around me. Funerals, stuff like that - you have to live with it or at least get your house sound proofed.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

This sadly exactly describes my experiences of Thai village life.
After the sun goes down, nearly all the men drink and fight until they fall over.

Same as my experience of Isaan. How could someone built a house there and not be aware of this? Have the OP even seen where his money for the house went?

My part of Isaan is not like that, thankfully. OK the village blacksmith gets a bit pi$$ed at breakfast sometimes, but he then puts a solid 10 hours work in. Only one or two feckless unfortunates who do not work.

Sorry if that doesn't gel with the stereotype.

• Like 1

This "party" exhibition you describe is indeed getting more and more normal in Isan.

And thanks to the growing poverty in the rural areas with thanks to the T-Government, things will get worse.

There is les and less work, the 300 baht per day wage rule is not adhered to, the prices go up, and more and more people loose their jobs.

In what world are you living in?more and more companys are investing in this country and are looking for staff all the time specially the automotive sector in the industrial center of Thailand.

Not everywhere. Over half my village have a rubber tree plantation, thise who used to be land rich with no money are starting to earn pretty nicely, houses are being extended and people are very well off compared to 10 years ago. The going rate for labourers is 400 per day and those that don't have rubber are making good money in Singapore, Taiwan and India.

Sure there are still some on the bones of their ass but these are certainly a minority where I live. As for the drinking, I would say it is less prevalent now as most people have to be up at 2-3 am to go tapping.

I see so many really ugly foreigners married to village girls. They could never find a good looking girl in thier own country so they come to Thailand to find a pretty girl and marry them. They don't seem to realise that the girl only marries them for thier money.

It would never happen in their own country.

attachicon.gifjulia-roberts17.jpg

Kyle is very hansum man, just think of the sort of girl he could have if only he were to come here.

Guess he'd have good chances to date this one.-w00t.gif

post-108180-0-59962400-1370573675_thumb.

• Like 1

With 800+ posts rest assured this is not a troll.

I feel bad for the OP, it sounds like hes in a terrible situation. The same situation that leads to another popular thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/641618-miserableunsmilingand-forlorn-lookings-farangs/

i can never understand what post count has to do with trolling. in my estimation the best trolls are only accomplish with a few thousand posts under your belt.

I see so many really ugly foreigners married to village girls. They could never find a good looking girl in thier own country so they come to Thailand to find a pretty girl and marry them. They don't seem to realise that the girl only marries them for thier money.

Kyle is very hansum man, just think of the sort of girl he could have if only he were to come here.

who the xxxx is kyle?

Edited by metisdead

who the xxxx is kyle?

Please ask his boyfriend(s).....sad.png