Where Are The Twinkle Bars On Koh Lanta?

wellred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dude, this time of year?

Are you kidding?

Can shoot a cannon off in Saladan town and no one would notice.

Come back in December -April if you want night life in Lanta, otherwise off to Pattaya with you !

Sorry forgot it gets quiet there in low season. It is actually in December I'm coming.

Dude, this time of year?

Are you kidding?

Can shoot a cannon off in Saladan town and no one would notice.

Come back in December -April if you want night life in Lanta, otherwise off to Pattaya with you !

Sorry forgot it gets quiet there in low season. It is actually in December I'm coming.

O.K., well there won't exactly be the Twinkle bars as in RCA in Ao Nang but there will be multiple bar parties, Reggae bars etc. and you'll see big signs along the road advertising them.

Also, there are a number of Thai style Karoke bars, you'll see the girls sitting out front in the typical bamboo bench hut thingy-majigger. Go in and belt out an Isaan tune and you'll slay them thumbsup.gif .

Not lived there for a few years so forgive me if my advice is out of date....

Most places in Thailand talk about "low seasons". None know what they are talking about unless they live in lanta! Seeing a single unknown person (tourist) makes it a busy day!

In high season the busy spots vary on the night. Whoever is handing fliers out at the pier is likely to be a good bet that night.

What you mean by "twinkle" can be hard to find... the odd karaoke bar but not all that much... best ask Twinkle Tony for advice, not sure where to find him now!

The seedier places are on the back road away from the tourist hangouts.

I was taken there by a local one evening. The girls looked young....a bit of a disturbing experience really.

If you are looking for girls...as GOM said stick to Phuket.

twinkle bars in lanta are few and far between... you'd be best off sticking to the north of the island, klong dao, phrae ae... but it's not that kind of island... and yes, low season/green season is zombietown quiet!!