Late For Nonb Reporting

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but a friend has very recently returned from his 90 day reporting. He was late, all his own fault, and paid 2,000 Baht fine.

My question is, is it normal to have the passport stamped in this instance. He is working, pays his taxes and has a work permit.

Might it affect his application next year? He's had a permit for 6 years and this is the first blemish on his passport.

So did he have his passport stamped are you just asking in general? Have not heard anyone report a stamp but that does not mean it has not happened. The 90 day reporting has recently become more mainstream and enforced by all indications.

I doubt that it would effect his extension of stay unless he makes a habit of it, but I don't believe anyone has any experience yet.

So did he have his passport stamped are you just asking in general? Have not heard anyone report a stamp but that does not mean it has not happened. The 90 day reporting has recently become more mainstream and enforced by all indications.

I doubt that it would effect his extension of stay unless he makes a habit of it, but I don't believe anyone has any experience yet.

I am too lazy to report every 90 days and I paid 2000 bht a few times already. However, my extension is not affected by it. I don't think it matters as long as we pay the fine.

You might want to reconsider as what may have been the case in the past seems to be over if my 30 minutes doing the report this week is any indication. At 10:30 there were 20 in queue ahead of me that had not submitted passport yet and during the 30 minutes I was there at least 100 passports crossed the counter (many agents with handfuls). Previous visits I had never seen more than 3 in queue. Ninety day reporting is no longer taken as something you may or may not do. And I suspect there may be repercussions for those that continue to be "lazy" at some point.

Excuse me if this has been asked before, but a friend has very recently returned from his 90 day reporting. He was late, all his own fault, and paid 2,000 Baht fine.

My question is, is it normal to have the passport stamped in this instance. He is working, pays his taxes and has a work permit.

Might it affect his application next year? He's had a permit for 6 years and this is the first blemish on his passport.

Yes it was stamped along the lines of " stayed over 90 days did not inform (relevent imm) payment received 2,000 baht according to document 199/xxx.... date.... signature.

He's fluent in Thai and I can give a transliteration if necessary, but he won't be wrong on this, I'm sure.

I am too lazy to report every 90 days and I paid 2000 bht a few times already. However, my extension is not affected by it. I don't think it matters as long as we pay the fine.

In that case it appears to be something new and nobody has reported this that I have seen. Was it a major immigration office? If so I would take it as something they will be watching for so would not want too many.

2000 baht for how many days?

I'm sorry but I may be missing something here. How can someone not manage to check-in once every 90 days?

This is for a 90 day address report for those on extension of stay and the standard fine has been 2000 baht if you are more than 7 days late in reporting.