Salary Req. For Work Permit.

Dear everyone

I need some advice. If you could please answer this quick question i would be very greatful.

I am a british citizen and am about to appliy for the work permit. i have the non imm B visa. I need to know the minimum salary requirements for an architects consultant out here in bkk. is it 50,000b? and also if it's legal to call myself an architects consultant and working bkk.

thanks.

s

Dear everyone

I need some advice. If you could please answer this quick question i would be very greatful.

I am a british citizen and am about to appliy for the work permit. i have the non imm B visa. I need to know the minimum salary requirements for an architects consultant out here in bkk. is it 50,000b? and also if it's legal to call myself an architects consultant and working bkk.

thanks.

s

Your salary (in the amount not less than declared in your work permit application) is subject to Thai personal tax from the date of the work permit approval date. If you are a volunteer or intern it can be a salary of zero per month. In theory, if you are a paid, it can be as low as 5,520 Baht per month in Bangkok, the same as a Thai. It's whatever the contract between the employer and employee states.

But in reality it is up to the officer and in some cases they would like to see that you are paying 1,500 Baht in tax per month with a monthly salary of 32,000 Baht. This may be required for your annual work permit renewal. We have had cases though where the foreigner had a salary of just 8,000 Baht per month and this was ok on the renewal.

Cases are different because the officer follows the old regulation and it’s his call. All of our lawyers of course will argue that this is a old regulation, but still its the officer discretion on how much you should have paid tax (can be up to 18,000 Baht for the year).

For the extension of stay based on business, it is black and white. For a UK person it is 50,000 Baht.

However as we have pointed out many times, it is possible to have a work permit without an extension of stay based on business and then this 50K monthly minimum is not required.

Yes you can get a work permit as an Architects Consultant.

www.lawyer.th.com