Nsa Contractor Identifies Himself As Source

News_Editor

Think about of who set these companies up and for what purpose.

I run 2 western anti - malware, virus and phishing programs and a Chinese one. Funny the Chinese one immediately found and deleted "outbrowse.exe". I could say a word or two from where it came. Some are packed into trusted software packages. - hint

BTW, nobody says or said that professionals in these agencies are bad, but watch the interview,

It took me a few days to work up the nerve to phone William Binney. As someone already a “target” of the United States government, I found it difficult not to worry about the chain of unintended consequences I might unleash by calling Mr. Binney, a 32-year veteran of the National Security Agency turned whistle-blower. He picked up. I nervously explained I was a documentary filmmaker and wanted to speak to him. To my surprise he replied: “I’m tired of my government harassing me and violating the Constitution. Yes, I’ll talk to you.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/opinion/the-national-security-agencys-domestic-spying-program.html?_r=0

You are well aware of the law, quoted by another in a previous post, that necessarily excludes whistleblowing at the NSA and at a number of the core security agencies of the United States. Anyone in the excluded agencies who decides for him/her self that violations are, or may be occurring, can go to a Member of Congress to report it and to seek a remedy in behalf of the people of the United States. Just as it takes two people in command authority to turn the key to the nuclear arsenal - and only after consultation with the national security council, one individual in one of the agencies exempted by law and who has some gripe needs to take his gripe to an elected Member of Congress. To take upon one's self the licentious actions Bradley Manning did, and Edward Snowdon did, is beyond the realm of the reasonable in national security matters.

I've put a good part of my life into journalism too, to include a graduate degree. Under the theory and practice of a society that has a free press/media, journalists have parameters too. Congratulations on getting your story that you mentioned in your above post. I might have done the same thing myself. Then again, maybe not. The obvious benefit of meeting and interviewing Mr. Binney would be for me to get a professional and personal assessment of the man, take it from there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Snowden answered that too

#17 “I had been looking for leaders, but I realized that leadership is about being the first to act.”

Snowdon cannot legitimately assign to himself the role of commander-in-chief. Especially when he in fact is a narcissist I'm relieved Snowdon isn't one of the junior officers who has a nuclear weapons key in one hand and a handgun in the other, aimed at his colleague in the silo bunker. That's the kind of decision making power and authority Snowdon assigns to himself..

It depends if one looks at a larger picture or at pieces of a jigsaw only. NSA and any other institutions are just pieces of the whole picture. It worries me to see things developing in this way.

Are we supposed to bow to an indoctrinated corporate globalization?

I believe in the natural development over this issue, fair and just in every direction and not these indoctrination on grand scale for the upper 0.01% of the world population.

What does a program like this serve or better who? I'm all for freedom with responsibility, but it is exactly that what is under attack.

Food for thoughts I hope.

In no way look I at the actions of Snowden as an attack on any of these agencies.

I don't know your reasons of hating these guys so much. This was due to happen in one way or the other.

The year of the snake is the time when secrets will be exposed, Look it up. I normally look at these things for entertainment, but it seems there's something true with that. I'm not surprised. There will be more things like this coming, and for your peace, from every direction.

Publicus, I followed your link re the new Civil Assistance Plan, and quelle surprise (some Canadians speak a little French), it dates all the way back to 2008.. A whole five years. if you think Canadians as whole would be/are happy to know they can now be "legally" occupied in the event of an "emergency", you have not spent much time north of the U.S. border!

Of course we share a mutual cultural heritage and we are neighbors and friends but......

We, the Western democracies, are fully entitled to defend ourselves, but America has thrown the baby out with the bathwater. This is the wet-dream of a lifetime opportunity for those with an inclination to defend democracy against itself if need be.

You now find yourself in the self-appointed position of eagerly defending democracy in the United States against the 56% who approve of the current NSA phone tracing program and the 63% who recognize that some personal privacy may need to be foregone for a period of time in favor of enabling the executive branch, working with the Congress and the eight judges on the special, confidential, national security court of law. to combat the everpresent threat of terrorist against Americans in our homeland.

Which means the extremists on the far right need to moderate their intemperate thinking and statements to more reflect the vast center-middle of the U.S. political spectrum. The body politic is giving much less attention to these developments and much less intensity than you are. I think that's because the vast center-middle of the U.S. knows it has a president it can trust in national security matters. Additionally, we do trust the federal agents in our national security apparatus to honor and execute their constitutionally sworn duty to defend, preserve and protect the constitution, the nation, our own people.

It depends if one looks at a larger picture or at pieces of a jigsaw only. NSA and any other institutions are just pieces of the whole picture. It worries me to see things developing in this way.

Are we supposed to bow to an indoctrinated corporate globalization?

I believe in the natural development over this issue, fair and just in every direction and not these indoctrination on grand scale for the upper 0.01% of the world population.

What does a program like this serve or better who? I'm all for freedom with responsibility, but it is exactly that what is under attack.

Food for thoughts I hope.

In no way look I at the actions of Snowden as an attack on any of these agencies.

I don't know your reasons of hating these guys so much. This was due to happen in one way or the other.

The year of the snake is the time when secrets will be exposed, Look it up. I normally look at these things for entertainment, but it seems there's something true with that. I'm not surprised. There will be more things like this coming, and for your peace, from every direction.

You certainly can seem to be more reasonable when you wax philosophically about the larger and vague, general picture.

Of course this is the year of the black water snake in the PRChina. In the United States and the West in general, it's the matter of fact year 2013. Nothing slippery or slick about that.

Breaking News ACLU files lawsuit challenging constitutionality of NSA phone monitoring

The Supreme Court has already ruled on virtually every one of these issues, to include the constitutionality of the Patriot Act. I'm uncomfortable with the Patriot Act, but not every law is all bad.

And I'd like to see who and how many among the radical far right wingers support that, ugh, ACLU bunch of leftists.

Edited by Publicus

Publicus, just because the majority approves something, it still doesn't make it right.

Constitutional rights protecting individual liberties were granted to citizens for a reason, and constitutions have not been drawn by the majority, but by a few wise men as I pointed out in this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642554-american-sailing-instructor-caught-with-two-underage-girls-at-his-jomtien-home/page-13#entry6456399

From my point of view, it's quite ok for intelligence services to perform illegal operations, even commercial espionage to favor the own country's corporation over foreign bids.

But, and this is very important, keep it illegal and completely separate from law enforcement, except for national security matters (no, bank heists, murders and tax fraud are not matters of national security).

Don't make laws allowing the government to invade people's private lives.

Any tapping by law enforcement into a person's or corporation's communications should require a specific and motivated warrant authorized by a judge.

Intelligence services are "allowed" to do it, but cannot share the gained information with any law enforcement agencies - this is absolutely critical to preserve democracy and civil liberties.

An oversized picture with content posted has been deleted. Such large pictures mess up the formatting on some browsers. If you wish to repost, please re-size before posting.

• Like 1

Publicus, just because the majority approves something, it still doesn't make it right.

Constitutional rights protecting individual liberties were granted to citizens for a reason, and constitutions have not been drawn by the majority, but by a few wise men as I pointed out in this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642554-american-sailing-instructor-caught-with-two-underage-girls-at-his-jomtien-home/page-13#entry6456399

From my point of view, it's quite ok for intelligence services to perform illegal operations, even commercial espionage to favor the own country's corporation over foreign bids.

But, and this is very important, keep it illegal and completely separate from law enforcement, except for national security matters (no, bank heists, murders and tax fraud are not matters of national security).

Don't make laws allowing the government to invade people's private lives.

Any tapping by law enforcement into a person's or corporation's communications should require a specific and motivated warrant authorized by a judge.

Intelligence services are "allowed" to do it, but cannot share the gained information with any law enforcement agencies - this is absolutely critical to preserve democracy and civil liberties.

Your first sentence refers to something I'd learned in Grade 5 of elementary school, as we prefer to call it in the U.S., so that immediately sets a certain tone and attitude to your exposition that detracts from the rest of it. The rest of it was written in a vacuum as it was. So let me put some meat on the bones, as it were.

The Congress made the laws we are discussing under the Republican President Bush after 9/11 and have amended the laws since, in 2007 especially. A special national security court of law, established in 1978 and consisting of eight judges, meets to examine and to judge the kinds of national security laws and requests of the government as were made in this instance. The judges approved this NSA program. Members of Congress on the Intelligence Committee of the Senate and the House, respectively, had been informed and consulted for their input, so they too had been aware. This is called the rule of law.

Once someone starts consistently arguing against the majority view of the body politic, then one can start his way down the slippery slope of elections such as the one we had in Florida in 2000.

Edited by Publicus

And I'd like to see who and how many among the radical far right wingers support that, ugh, ACLU bunch of leftists.

Glenn Beck has come out in support of what Snoden has done and so have others. This is not a partisan issue.

You omit any mention of your view of the ACLU cause of action against the confidential written opinions of the eight judge Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court established in 1978 by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

I don't expect too many U.S. Courts of Law to side against another court, given especially that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court was established by an act of Congress and has eight judges besides. Even a U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals gives you three judges as its normal complement of judges. The Fisa court gives us eight judges, one fewer than the Supreme Court itself.

Edited by Publicus

Your first sentence refers to something I'd learned in Grade 5 of elementary school, as we prefer to call it in the U.S., so that immediately sets a certain tone and attitude to your exposition that detracts from the rest of it. The rest of it was written in a vacuum as it was. So let me put some meat on the bones, as it were.

yuck, this paragraph makes me want to vomit!

If information not relevant for national security gained through intelligence programs ever leaves the intelligence circles to prosecute citizens, then the state feared in your very signature will be achieved:

"Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions."

Wm. O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice (1898-1980)

Edited by manarak

Respected and experienced legal commentator ....

Judge Napolitano: NSA Leaker An ‘American Hero’ Who Exposed ‘Extraordinary Violations’

Judge Andrew Napolitano gave a frank assessment of NSA leaker Edward Snowden as “an American hero” who went great lengths to expose “extraordinary violations” of fundamental American values within the government.

“I describe this man as an American hero,” the judge stated “willing to risk life and liberty in order to expose to the American people one of the most extraordinary violations of the American principles, value judgments and the Constitution itself in all of our history.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/judge-napolitano-to-shep-smith-nsa-leaker-an-american-hero-who-exposed-extraordinary-violations/

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 1

59% Oppose Government’s Secret Collecting of Phone Records

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Most voters oppose the U.S. government’s secret collection of the phone records of millions of Americans and think the feds are spying too much on U.S. citizens these days. Just 26% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the government’s secret collecting of these phone records for national security purposes regardless of whether there is any suspicion of wrongdoing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/june_2013/59_oppose_government_s_secret_collecting_of_phone_records

Edited by JDGRUEN
  • Like 1

NSA Whistleblower Details How The NSA Has Spied On US Citizens Since 9/11
National Security Agency whistleblower William Binney explains how the secretive agency runs its pervasive domestic
spying apparatus ....
Binney—one of the best mathematicians and code breakers in NSA history—worked for the Defense Department's foreign signals intelligence agency for 32 years before resigning in late 2001 because he "could not stay after the NSA began purposefully violating the Constitution."

http://www.businessinsider.com/nsa-whistleblower-william-binney-explains-nsa-surveillance-2012-8

yuck, this paragraph makes me want to vomit!

If information not relevant for national security gained through intelligence programs ever leaves the intelligence circles to prosecute citizens, then the state feared in your very signature will be achieved:

"Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions."

Wm. O. Douglas, US Supreme Court Justice (1898-1980)

The late Justice Douglas didn't predicate his world view and legal philosophy on paranoia.

Paranoia is the enemy of free thought and free speech. Look at Sen Joe McCarthy who endlessly abused both, not to mention freedom of association.

As to Edward Snowdon, the guy is a loose cannon who will be charged with violating the Espionage Act. The CIA views Snowdon as a "potential Chinese defector." The Director of National Intelligence says the damage to national security done by Snowdon is great. Bradley Manning is in the same deep shi, er, water.

Their time, place, circumstances are radically different from those Daniel Ellsberg grappled with more than 40 years ago.

It has been known for a very long time that American bases in the UK are listening in on European business leaders and passing this info back to American corporations. Germany business leaders complained about this

back in the 1990's

Care to substantiate your allegations?

The Canadians and Australians have listening posts too. I suppose they are part of a vast conspiracy.

Germany engages in similar activities.

So please do share your information.

read a newspaper

59% Oppose Government’s Secret Collecting of Phone Records

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Most voters oppose the U.S. government’s secret collection of the phone records of millions of Americans and think the feds are spying too much on U.S. citizens these days. Just 26% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the government’s secret collecting of these phone records for national security purposes regardless of whether there is any suspicion of wrongdoing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/june_2013/59_oppose_government_s_secret_collecting_of_phone_records

laugh.png

We've hashed and rehashed the discredited and biased pollster Scott Rasmussen whose skewed surveys have an exceptionally huge structural margin of error.

I knew Rassmussen would be out wit his own mangled poll. And I knew you would present it as soon as the data was finished being cooked, thank you. clap2.gif

No one says that about the Pew Center's legitimate scientific public opinion survey research and its findings.

Rasmussen is not a researcher, he's a purposeful operative. He's the right wing's favorite pollster, and I use the word loosely.

Edited by Publicus

It has been known for a very long time that American bases in the UK are listening in on European business leaders and passing this info back to American corporations. Germany business leaders complained about this

back in the 1990's

Care to substantiate your allegations?

The Canadians and Australians have listening posts too. I suppose they are part of a vast conspiracy.

Germany engages in similar activities.

So please do share your information.

read a newspaper

Since you have read the newspaper, it might be wise to post a link to substantiate you claim.

Anyway, the US espionage on the internet and anything transiting through the networks has long been evident for me, especially because of the former inability of iphones to synchronize with a PC via USB or Bluetooth, but had to pass through google mail instead... very fishy.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/556345-another-one-how-to-muddy-your-tracks-on-the-internetny-times/#entry5318046

then the cloud services, providers encouraging users to keep data online, cloud services, facebook asking for phone numbers, google doing the same...

you say the activity is legal because approved by US congress... well, the US congress is not my congress, and by my national Law, reading my private correspondence is illegal.

But: I don't care about all this as long as my information stays in the intelligence community, meaning it doesn't get leaked to outside the CIA or NSA.

The very day this information will be used by the tax authorities or law enforcement, or worse, for political goals, the country will be lost.

But how realistic is it that such information remains confidential?

Not realistic at all i'm afraid. There was a case in the UK earlier this year when a woman joked to her friend on facebook that she was going to "egg" the Prime Minister when he paid an official visit to her constituency later that month. A few days later two policemen knocked on her door and took her away for questioning. A wise man said to me ages ago regarding facebook. "There is a reason why it's free". I personally would have nothing to do with it.

It works like this, they keep all that information about you until you become a threat, then they use anything they find to destroy you, remember what happened to Eliot Spitzer when he threatened the banks

since the breaking news on Thursday a simple search shows over one billion(1,000,040,000) links to webpages. Can we post them here? This just shows how big this issue is on a global scale.

I searched "snowden NSA". I think this is the highest on a news search. After 72 hours there were 540 million links.

I don't think this is a time to soothe that down or cover it up. Serious international laws have been broken. Even millions are aware about this since decades and it has taken grip now because of Snowden's actions.

And to the so called polls. Many know how manipulation in that field takes place. Seen it myself. There's lots of fraud going on in that field.

In this case it would be better to see the actual questions asked and the type of group that were questioned.

Edited by wealth
  • Like 1

Nine Companies Tied to PRISM, Obama Will Be Smacked With Class-Action Lawsuit Wednesday... AOL, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, PalTalk, Skype, Yahoo! and Youtube will be named in the suit, attorney says.
Former Justice Department prosecutor Larry Klayman amended an existing lawsuit against Verizon and a slew of Obama administration officials Monday to make it the first class-action lawsuit in response to the publication of a secret court order instructing Verizon to hand over the phone records of millions of American customers on an "ongoing, daily basis."
Klayman told U.S. News he will file a second class-action lawsuit Wednesday in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia targeting government officials and each of the nine companies listed in aleaked National Security Agency slideshow as participants in the government's PRISM program...

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/06/11/nine-companies-tied-to-prism-obama-will-be-smacked-with-class-action-lawsuit-wednesday

Edited by JDGRUEN

Rand Paul's Op-Ed piece in the WSJ

Rand Paul: Big Brother Really Is Watching Us
Monitoring hundreds of millions of phone records is an extraordinary invasion of privacy.
By RAND PAUL
When Americans expressed outrage last week over the seizure and surveillance of Verizon's client data by the National Security Agency, President Obama responded: "In the abstract, you can complain about Big Brother . . . but when you actually look at the details, I think we've struck the right balance."
How many records did the NSA seize from Verizon? Hundreds of millions. We are now learning about more potential mass data collections by the government from other communications and online companies. These are the "details," and few Americans consider this approach "balanced," though many rightly consider it Orwellian.
These activities violate the Fourth Amendment, which says warrants must be specific—"particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." And what is the government doing with these records? The president assures us that the government is simply monitoring the origin and length of phone calls, not eavesdropping on their contents. Is this administration seriously asking us to trust the same government that admittedly targets political dissidents through the Internal Revenue Service and journalists through the Justice Department?

Senator says program goes deeper than believed

image001-png_162613.pngBy LARA JAKES and KIMBERLY DOZIER | Associated Press – 5 hrs ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — A leading Republican senator on Tuesday described controversial U.S. spy programs as looking far deeper into Americans' phone records than the Obama administration has been willing to admit, fueling new privacy concerns as Congress sought to defend the surveillance systems.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC., says the U.S. intelligence surveillance of phone records allows analysts to monitor U.S. phone records for a pattern of calls, even ifthose numbers have no known connection to terrorism.

http://news.yahoo.com/senator-says-program-goes-deeper-believed-202727175.html

The NSA's PRISM program is "designed to produce at least 51 percent confidence in a target’s 'foreignness'.” Phew, I feel so much better. I guess flipping a coin would be too easy? wink.png

Analysts who use the system from a Web portal at Fort Meade, Md., key in “selectors,” or search terms, that are designed to produce at least 51 percent confidence in a target’s “foreignness.” That is not a very stringent test. Training materials obtained by The Post instruct new analysts to make quarterly reports of any accidental collection of U.S. content, but add that “it’s nothing to worry about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/us-intelligence-mining-data-from-nine-us-internet-companies-in-broad-secret-program/2013/06/06/3a0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_print.html

Edited by lomatopo

I also was on the blog of Google's chief engineers. They admitted that it is possible by "deep pocket inception" and for Google's excuse they would quit if they found out. This blog-post made it to the news, but the original directly at the blog got altered since then.

Others suggested a mole who probably stole the main security keys. ...