BANGKOK 18 August 2019 08:07
Sign in to follow this  
kristophon

Has Anyone Noticed How Expensive It Is To Live In Isaan These Days?

well if you insist on tescos then youl pay,wages,lighting,aircon,etc it all adds up,dont eat farang food ,why come here if you cant adapt a wee bit more,maybe you bought a years worth of clothes for the lad,that could be it,baht 48=gb pound looks like your being ripped off everywhere you go,,,watch the wife i say,,you never can tell,,,good luck sir,,

If the Baht would devalue 20% imported goods could become 20% more expensive in Thai Baht....

I'm afraid, you may be right.

They rised the prices for imports when the Baht became stronger and stronger. They will certainly do it again when the Baht gets cheaper.

The bath is going up and up,

The "bath" is plummeting at the minute actually.

My bath isn't doing anything. We've got a power cut and therefiore no pump and no water! sad.png

If it's money you are referring to it is the BAHT!!! clap2.gif

• Like 2

As seems the norm now on TV the thread which has very valid points has been hi-jacked by numptys that even most probably have never cooked a meal in Thailand ever, just live off MSG laden street crap and only converse with BG.

I totally agree with the OP as most people with family’s living here will also agree,,,Thailand is no longer the cheap place to live..I noticed the change around 5 years ago and it is accelerating, as one poster said you can live cheaper in the UK at the moment and that includes rental properties (excluding parts of the SE)

I am Not interested in troll reply’s I know how much we spend a week in Tesco and its never less than 3,500-4000 BAHT ...(to all the Bath lovers try actually spelling the Country’s currency that you are using daily...if you are in fact here in Thailand)

Yep life becomes expensive when you let the wife in charge of the shopping and let her buy all the useless crap junk and other food you fon't really need.. Thai girls are the worst money managers in the world when they spend somoene else's money :whistling:

• Like 2

Can live more cheaply in Somalia too, doesn't mean you'd actually want to. . .

Anyone living out in upcountry Nakon Nowhere just because they thought it would save them some money should get their head examined, I sure hope you all have better reasons than that!

Who is doing the shopping and picking for you?

Surely it cant be that bad. You where just shocked at the bill you had to pay.

The bath is going up and up, but that doesn't mean I don't have to remain critical and seriously aware when i go shoppingthumbsup.gif

The baht is "going up" vs. many other currencies but it is going down in real terms, as are all currencies due to money printing.

As seems the norm now on TV the thread which has very valid points has been hi-jacked by numptys that even most probably have never cooked a meal in Thailand ever, just live off MSG laden street crap and only converse with BG.

I totally agree with the OP as most people with family’s living here will also agree,,,Thailand is no longer the cheap place to live..I noticed the change around 5 years ago and it is accelerating, as one poster said you can live cheaper in the UK at the moment and that includes rental properties (excluding parts of the SE)

I am Not interested in troll reply’s I know how much we spend a week in Tesco and its never less than 3,500-4000 BAHT ...(to all the Bath lovers try actually spelling the Country’s currency that you are using daily...if you are in fact here in Thailand)

When criticizing spelling you should make sure your spelling/grammar is correct!

People with family's???

Here I can rent a nice 3 bed-roomed house for 3500 baht a month. That is with air-con and two bedrooms en suite. This is in Khon Kaen city.

I have a buddy with a nice house in the country that pays 1000 baht a month.

I don't know the rental of houses in the UK apart from my brother's house which he rents for GBP 2500 a month. This is in Aberdeen and about the same size as my house. That is how many baht?

I'm building a new house at the moment - 3 bed-roomed and big garden in the city - for about GBP 55k

What on earth do you buy in Tesco? My monthly bill is about 6k and I have 2 kids.

I don't know what a numpty is but I'd question how long you've been living here.

I do not have lots of sympathy for those who blame the rise in the cost of their prime rib on the raise in pay so common Thais can afford to buy rice. Eat Thai, eat local. I recently came back from USA and was also shocked by price increases. More people chasing fewer goods (or the same amount) = price increases.

• Like 1

There are two tricks that I have found at these Suprmarkets

1. The ring up items twice - you pay twice they benefit.

2. Items disappear (at least one from a trolley full. You don;t notice until you get home. where is that Ham I bought, It is back on the shelf and you have paid for it!!!

Clever tricks to keep the staff bonuses high (stock levels)

TIP -- Watch the cashier VERY closely. Speak some Thai. No Farrang TingTong

try eating out in France 60 euros for 2 salads and drinks ,supper market shopping about 4 times the price as thailand ,so on shopping lucky to be in thailand ,eat what thai do cost nearly nothing , grow your own food ,can eat out along the mekong at Samkong 120 Bt including a drink ,nice view ,food OK so thailand is cheap ,but for sure not like the good old days ,world over

When criticizing spelling you should make sure your spelling/grammar is correct!

People with family's???

Here I can rent a nice 3 bed-roomed house for 3500 baht a month. That is with air-con and two bedrooms en suite. This is in Khon Kaen city.

I have a buddy with a nice house in the country that pays 1000 baht a month.

I don't know the rental of houses in the UK apart from my brother's house which he rents for GBP 2500 a month. This is in Aberdeen and about the same size as my house. That is how many baht?

I'm building a new house at the moment - 3 bed-roomed and big garden in the city - for about GBP 55k

What on earth do you buy in Tesco? My monthly bill is about 6k and I have 2 kids.

I don't know what a numpty is but I'd question how long you've been living here.

Whatever you say it is still BAHT and NOT BATH....

Glegolo

• Like 1