BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
theblether

Massage Training Spa...... Get Done In For Nothing.

I was up at the Massage Training Spa at San Khampaeng with a friend of mine. It's a government funded project to train young people in the fine art of Thai massage, also known as " 30 Ways To Torture Your Victim".

The courses last 4 weeks, and the training school could be doing with some volunteer masochists.

1006191_548965205141806_1296942038_n.jpg

The charges are low, the first week I went the treatment was free. Yesterday it was 50 baht per treatment as the pupils on this intake are getting better. The worst you can expect to pay is half the cost of your treatment on a weekend day.

The girls ended up practicing on each other yesterday.......

1002085_548965378475122_211101167_n.jpg

Note the writing on the back of the T-shirt

1004406_548965465141780_234779450_n.jpg

I think it's excellent that the government is funding this school.

When you arrive you will have to complete a registration form, with the usual medical questions. Unfortunately it's in Thai, I was with a Thai so they translated. Most of the people there have some grasp of English so they can help you.

It's also better if you book ahead, just in case they are busy, especially at weekends. Call this number.......

971458_549256511779342_1470572892_n.jpg

They do several treatments such as Swedish Massages, head massage, foot massage as well, so you can request the treatment that suits you.

Here's your assailants.............

971257_548965438475116_1546784573_n.jpg

On completion of the procedure you will be asked to complete a questionnaire ast to how happy you were with the treatment. Again it's in Thai, but there are enough English speakers going around to assist you.

• Like 1

Sorry about the spelling on the title, can a mod fix please?

You can enquire about the cost of the treatment before booking, as I mentioned it's related to what stage of the course the intake is at, and if you are there on a weekend day. Tipping 50 to 100 baht is good form though. It's a good day out and very relaxing, and I'm personally delighted to help out by being tortured by trainees.

I'll try to get the exact address, if any Thai speakers can translate this extraordinarily long name that would be great.......

6583_549259005112426_1241183991_n.jpg

I'll be heading back up for another kicking next Monday, there's space in the car for another couple of people so pm me and I'll take you up.

As I mentioned, a great day out.

Edited by theblether

the wife studied there. but her course was 6 months for spa treatment training. the government also paid her 50 Baht per day to attend. i don't think you can sign up there. you have to go the main office in Mae Rim and take an 8 hour written test in anatomy, English and so forth. They let you know by post if you pass and when you can begin training in SK. maybe the massage course is lest strict. when she graduated #1 in the class, she got a certificate guaranteeing her 790 Baht per day when and if she were to be employed. CMai doesn't pay that much but Phuket, Pattaya, etc. does. she never did anything with it.

the school is obviously a left-over relic of the Thaksin days with ridiculous over-spending. the spa part of the school has like 60 rooms when there is never more than 15 students per class, huge landscaped gardens (mostly dead now), over-built to the max, rusty old things and cobwebs everywhere. i went a couple of times as a Guinea pig for facial treatments. facial not my thing but interesting building.

Can you post a map please, I'll go...

If we can get to practice on GIRLS, and they get to practice on us, then I think I could tolerate the massage being rough and furious.

the wife studied there. but her course was 6 months for spa treatment training. the government also paid her 50 Baht per day to attend. i don't think you can sign up there. you have to go the main office in Mae Rim and take an 8 hour written test in anatomy, English and so forth. They let you know by post if you pass and when you can begin training in SK. maybe the massage course is lest strict. when she graduated #1 in the class, she got a certificate guaranteeing her 790 Baht per day when and if she were to be employed. CMai doesn't pay that much but Phuket, Pattaya, etc. does. she never did anything with it.

She never did anything with it because you don't want your wife giving handy J's to other men all day? Good choice.

She never did anything with it because you don't want your wife giving handy J's to other men all day? Good choice.

what? there are some weird things people post on this website. don't see what facial treatment has to do with that.

Can you post a map please, I'll go...

Best I can do just now is the Spa is in the same complex as the San Kamphaeng Police Station, when you drive through the main gates, you'll see a further security point ahead of you, drive through there and park. You'll see the entrance as pictured on this topic.

There's a google map location on this link.

http://www.painaidii.com/business/125054/photo/lang/en/

what? there are some weird things people post on this website. don't see what facial treatment has to do with that.

I wouldn`t feel comfortable with my wife or daughter doing massage in Phuket or Pattaya, in any shape or form and these Spa training schemes are for massage not exclusively for facial treatments, otherwise they wouldn`t also involve a massage course and include a test in anatomy?

Generally these Spas are only glorified massage parlours, done in posher environments with a few extra treatments thrown in.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Is it on the free Promenada bus route, if so should be packed out. wink.png

• Like 2

I wouldn`t feel comfortable with my wife or daughter doing massage in Phuket or Pattaya, in any shape or form and these Spa training schemes are for massage not exclusively for facial treatments, otherwise they wouldn`t also involve a massage course and include a test in anatomy?

Generally these Spas are only glorified massage parlours, done in posher environments with a few extra treatments thrown in.

Exactly.

It blows my mind that someone who lives here (which I assume you do if you have a wife here) doesn't realise that.

you nob; in the same context then, your swanky restaurant is just a glorified food cart with a few extra menu items thrown in.