First time back in 9 months.......my thoughts.

Thighlander

The bus I was on, stopped at terminal 2. Last year, they continued on to terminal 1, but that was Greenbus. Does greenbus still continue on to #1. Took the songtaew for 15 thb, but he kept waiting for more riders, so it may have been worth splitting a tuk-tuk with the Japanese girl I was waiting with. Wasn't in a hurry, but they are deceptive about the wait. This guy at the Mac Service place printed my Agoda voucher and refused to take payment. I congratulated him on being nice to farang. Don't know how much longer he will work for Apple, after I showed him what I got for 7000 THB in California. Had duck soup about 2 blocks from the clock tower that is exceptionally good, just like before. Got to my hotel near the Bazaar. Turned out to be a digustingly crappy place right out of a Khoa San Road nightmare. They gave me a large room. The Wi-Fi didn't work in it, the AC blew cold air, but the fan was rubbing and it sounded like a roulette wheel. The sheets had big yellow stains. They gave me another room. Crappy a/c, and broken door knob/lock, smelled like dirty diapers. I had to call Agoda for the first time ever. They gave me an instant refund. I moved to another place, and it is 20 times nicer without the dirty backpackers.

Coldest beer is at the Night Bazaar, near the toilets. Walked towards the old airport and found the 3 for 149 THB Leo promotion. Wasn't cold enough, but was given free bucket of ice to put them in. Great food; not cheap, and I was given control of the remote. Was ready to pay 60% more for beer on Jed Yod, but they let me check one, and it just wasn't cold enough. Seemed like a fun place, but I'm mnot dealing with bad hangover, from warm beer.

Shopping Mall is super nice, found the Aeon ATM. Also, I've noticed a good selection of taller ladies (who aren't ladyboys). Anyone else notice that? Countless beauties out at 16:00 +/- going home from work. They got the garbage picked up at the old airport, that was a big, positive change. Chiang Rai is in near the top of my list. Any recs on Sugar Beat? or perhaps Sperm Club?

I dont think you can afford the prices in there for a warm beer !

Thanks for the warning, Sun. I'm just not a liquor drinker. 43C in Phoenix, today. Don't do them warm there either. I think they would fear for their lives, if they served a warm one in Mexico. They do bucket promos, 6 beers in a bucket of ice. Refrigeration was brought to Thailand in 1936, maybe they will figure out it's nuances before I become a grumpy old man. Turning them off at night is a huge mistake, that ends up wasting energy, and puts much more wear and tear on the compressor.

I was in Tau Kappa Epsilon in college. We went through 980 kegs (15.5 gallon) in two semesters. I know the effects of beer. Nothing wrong with expensive, but expensive and crappy is that much more insulting. Wouldn't have been real happy with the waitresses playing with the cats while they were serving food, but for 50 per large mai pen rai. It's dividend day at Altria, so a special thank you to all you cig smokers out there. A pack a day is all we ask......

the greens at the cheap golf course are lookin' good, too. I'm diggin' the cooler weather up here, too. Got some meds for my back at the Mall; 42 thb, would have cost me about 15,000 in the States; 250 office visit at Orthopedic Doctor, and 200 for x-rays, and 50 for a 'script. I'll give the lady behind the counter an "8." with high marks for intelligence and beauty. They seem to be real happy with farang, who can speak a little thai, but relieved my be a better word.

"Booze, Broads and Bargains" - doesn't anybody have anything intelligent to say?

I quit drinking over 5 years ago. Three "T" times a week. Don't go out at night. A couple of women near my home come by a couple of times a week. 15mb Internet. No TV, just download. Talk about bargains, the ladies get money, but not much, the "T" times are cheaper than the women. And my bar bill has sprite on it for a bill. Been here for 25 years and still living the dream.

Thanks for the warning, Sun. I'm just not a liquor drinker. 43C in Phoenix, today. Don't do them warm there either. I think they would fear for their lives, if they served a warm one in Mexico. They do bucket promos, 6 beers in a bucket of ice. Refrigeration was brought to Thailand in 1936, maybe they will figure out it's nuances before I become a grumpy old man. Turning them off at night is a huge mistake, that ends up wasting energy, and puts much more wear and tear on the compressor.

Don't want to sound crass, but from the disconnected rambling of your OP, maybe you have serious issues, could it be too much warm beer...? sick.gif

• Like 2

Why would Apple Thailand give a rats ass about the deal you got with Apple in California ?

If you honestly think they would care then Thailand aint for you.

My computer is a Samsung Chromebook, and can do the same things for a lot less than the negative net-worth Apple users (or the few wealthy ones).

They had a heat index warning here in Phoenix yesterday, Weds. I think the high was 111. And boy were they right.. It was miserable. It got down under 90 about 1 in the morning.

They had a heat index warning here in Phoenix yesterday, Weds. I think the high was 111. And boy were they right.. It was miserable. It got down under 90 about 1 in the morning.

I would probably buy back in Santa Cruz County, AZ again, before re-investing in Phoenix.

Some Boy Scouts died the other day near the Nevada Border. It can catch up with you quickly. Hope the Taiwanese guy is enjoying the townhouse I sold him.

I would probably buy back in Santa Cruz County, AZ again, before re-investing in Phoenix.

Some Boy Scouts died the other day near the Nevada Border. It can catch up with you quickly. Hope the Taiwanese guy is enjoying the townhouse I sold him.

We're having a cold snap today, only supposed to get to about 103. brrrr :-)