Multi Entry O Visa

I have a Multi entry O visa as we intend visiting Thailand more than once this year. I have already used it once. We go again In June and then retire there at xmas.

I read on orchidinsiam web site that "You should note that a visa ceases to be valid if you leave the country during the validity of the visa unless you have paid and applied for a RE-ENTRY visa, before you leave the country".

Is this correct..I thought that you only needed a re-entry permit after the first year of a retirement visa..which I intend to get .

If so I have to get another visa?

I have a Multi entry O visa as we intend visiting Thailand more than once this year. I have already used it once. We go again In June and then retire there at xmas.

I read on orchidinsiam web site that "You should note that a visa ceases to be valid if you leave the country during the validity of the visa unless you have paid and applied for a RE-ENTRY visa, before you leave the country".

Is this correct..I thought that you only needed a re-entry permit after the first year of a retirement visa..which I intend to get .

Is your visa Non-Im O ?

Does it say multi entry on the visa ?

What is the validity of the visa ?

If it says multi entries, you do not need re-entry permit as long as you re-enter Thailand within the validity of the visa.

That information is false. An "extension of stay" becomes invalid if you exit the country - not a visa. Until you decide to extend your stay on a yearly basis you do not need a re-entry permit with a multi entry visa.

Is your visa Non-Im O ?

Does it say multi entry on the visa ?

What is the validity of the visa ?

If it says multi entries, you do not need re-entry permit as long as you re-enter Thailand within the validity of the visa.

................................................................................

Yes its a Non Immigrant 'O' multy entry.

I intend using it three times..the last time to go there to settle (within one year of date of issue)..take all the necessary paperwork and change it to a retirement visa in Thailand. My wife is a Thai National.

Then I understand I can exit and re-enter Thailand freely during the first year of the retirement visa..after renewal I then need a re-entry permit each time I leave...correct?

Thanks

Edited by John45

You will not change the visa. You will extend your stay when you and wife visit immigration. Any travel after that point will require a re entry permit. That visit to immigration will also start your 90 day address report clock.