Why Did You Choose Chiangmai ?

ThaiPauly

Here we go again another fracas on CM forum - starts off nice and easy then BANG their at it like tom cats fighting over the last tin of tuna. :o:D

Easy boys easy.............................

Not a problem here Likite, just in my usual jovial mood :D I simply love your avatar. Was it Dandy or Beano? :D

Here we go again another fracas on CM forum - starts off nice and easy then BANG their at it like tom cats fighting over the last tin of tuna. :o:D

Easy boys easy.............................

Not a problem here Likite, just in my usual jovial mood :D I simply love your avatar. Was it Dandy or Beano? :D

Thank you sir. Twas the good old Dandy.

You are having a laugh or you are the owner...one of the two :D

I did check it out last week with some friends and I have to say it was good .....great burgers, will try something else next time!!

TP

Yeah, just having a laugh.

I came to Chiang Mai because of the ladies. There should be a poll.

Hmmm lets see what should the choices be;

The chix

The climate

The atmosphere

The inexpensive cost of living

The Duke's Restaurant :o

OK lets vote guys :D

I came for the chicks.

I stayed because of the Duke's! :D

So you staying in CM UG has NOTHING to do with all the great businesses you own in CM then.

C'mon gimme me a break :D

This may come as a big surprise, but I wasn't entirely serious. :D

Good restaurants like The Duke's do increase the quality of life in Chiang Mai though. :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

Why don't you guys just take an add out for your restaurant... maybee you cant afford it though... when we 3 TV members went ther we were the only customers

I have nothing to do with the Duke's other than liking to eat there, however, we both know that it has many, many more customers than the Secret Garden which you self-promote mercilessly.

Me thinks you shouldn't be throwing stones due to the fragile glass house that you live in. :o

Why don't you guys just take an add out for your restaurant... maybee you cant afford it though... when we 3 TV members went ther we were the only customers

I have nothing to do with the Duke's other than liking to eat there, however, we both know that it has many, many more customers than the Secret Garden which you self-promote mercilessly.

Me thinks you shouldn't be throwing stones due to the fragile glass house that you live in. :o

georgie, don't be a wally.The Duke's is a nice place with good food, but you guys go on about it like it was a <deleted> religion.far from it from me to tell you lads where to pray, but it sounds like the owner has you guys on the tit.

BTW, the Secret Garden is also a nice place.Have you tried it?

Me thinks you shouldn't be throwing stones due to the fragile glass house that you live in. :D

georgie, don't be a wally.The Duke's is a nice place with good food, but you guys go on about it like it was a <deleted> religion.far from it from me to tell you lads where to pray, but it sounds like the owner has you guys on the tit.

The reason I go on about the Duke's is because it is so good for what it costs. Is something illegal or unethical about that?

I have also recommended other restaurants here, but the ones with food that is comparable to the Duke's usually cost twice the price.

The Secret Garden probably is good, but that doesn't change the fact that the owner is on here all the time promoting the place himself - and I don't see him taking any "ads" out - and then complaining when loyal customers such as myself and Big Eater go on about our favorite eating spot.

By the way, if my restaurant reviews get on anyone's nerves, it's pretty easy to just skip on to the next post. :o

just before we leave the topic on restaurants and stuff. i had one of the best strawberry shakes ever at the secret garden. the dukes, i have not tried it, the only one time i went there, it was closed. will try it someday and am sure the food and everythign would be good there as well.

now why we choose chiang mai is the topic i think. so come on guys, take a chill pill :o

Me thinks you shouldn't be throwing stones due to the fragile glass house that you live in. :D

The reason I go on about the Duke's is because it is so good for what it costs. Is something illegal or unethical about that?

I have also recommended other restaurants here, but the ones with food that is comparable to the Duke's usually cost twice the price.

The Secret Garden probably is good, but that doesn't change the fact that the owner is on here all the time promoting the place himself - and I don't see him taking any "ads" out - and then complaining when loyal customers such as myself and Big Eater go on about our favorite eating spot.

By the way, if my restaurant reviews get on anyone's nerves, it's pretty easy to just skip on to the next post. :o

Jesus Georgie.I would love a loyal customer like you.I wouldn't have to do any advertising then... :D

BTW, If what you do here is a restaurant review, then I'm Bill Clinton. :D

just before we leave the topic on restaurants and stuff. i had one of the best strawberry shakes ever at the secret garden. the dukes, i have not tried it, the only one time i went there, it was closed. will try it someday and am sure the food and everythign would be good there as well.

now why we choose chiang mai is the topic i think. so come on guys, take a chill pill :o

Point taken. :D

UG I have NEVER gone to any such lengths as you have to promote the Secret Garden as you and Big eater have to try to promote the Duke's.

This is not a War is it... as I said earlier I ate at the Duke's and was impressed with the food... so what did I do wrong? Pray tell

We had a TV Get together there a few weeks ago ...which was sanctioned by the Moderators... so please point out a post to me whereby I have promoted the Restaurant myself??.

If others say nice things about it... is that MY FAULT???

Whereby your ridiculous comments saying that you came for the Chicks ..but stayed for the Duke's are laughable.. I am pleased to say that NOBODY stays in CM just because of my Restaurant.. if they did they would be nuts!!

You are having a laugh or you are the owner...one of the two :D

I did check it out last week with some friends and I have to say it was good .....great burgers, will try something else next time!!

TP

Yeah, just having a laugh.

I came to Chiang Mai because of the ladies. There should be a poll.

Hmmm lets see what should the choices be;

The chix

The climate

The atmosphere

The inexpensive cost of living

The Duke's Restaurant :o

OK lets vote guys :D

I came for the chicks.

I stayed because of the Duke's! :D

So you staying in CM UG has NOTHING to do with all the great businesses you own in CM then.

C'mon gimme me a break :D

I have nothing against you Thai Pauly or your restaurant and of course my comments about staying in Chiang Mai because of the Duke's was an attempt at a joke about your attempt at a joke - what else would it be? - however, you slammed me with two sarcastic posts in a row - one of them seeming to imply that I have something to with the Duke's on a business level - so I got nasty in return. I'm sure that you know that's how it works on these forums.

I expect cowardly, spiteful little comments every time I write a post in the Chiang Mai section about anything from Maejo Man because he's been doing it for a long time and he's that time of guy, but I can't believe that you would begrudge me the right to recommend restaurants that I enjoy if I want to.

After all, it could be yours some day! :D

Edited by Ulysses G.

I expect cowardly, spiteful little comments every time I write a post in the Chiang Mai section about anything from Maejo Man because he's been doing it for a long time and he's that time of guy, but I can't believe that you would begrudge me the right to recommend restaurants that I enjoy if I want to.

:o:D:D

....and what time of guy would that be Georgie?